A Problem of Nobility or Things that go Bump in the Night (Covaithe Judging)

johnmeier1

Explorer
Georg offers the ring to Carolina and explains its function to her. He then nods in agreement with his fellows. Let's make sure of what is in the bag, discreetly take it to our contact with the authorities, then we can all go to the antique shop. I will stay back within earshot but out of sight since I have no talent with stealth.

renau1g

First Post
The bag bears the body of a young man, his throat is slit and the tongue is pulled out through the hole, Carolina's heard of this particular technique called the Dauntonian Necktie, usually used to send a message.

None of you recognize the man, but by the manner of his blood-stained, torn clothes, you assume that he's wealthy.

N3rday

First Post
"Well, I suppose we should search the body and then drop it off with the authorities, as you said." Xoc looks in dismay down at the corpse, and reluctantly searches it. "Yeck, that is a particularly nasty way to send a message."

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk steps back from the horror before him. "What type of evil is this?Whoever or whatever is doing this must pay!" He watches as the orc continues with his thorough inspection of the body. Thinking to himself: I'm glad it's you Xoc doing this and not me! The smell now starts to make him sick. And I thought I had a cast iron stomach! Kruk steps back and checks his equipment and inspects his axe, avoiding the stench of the corpse. Satisfied with his inspection, he turns to the group "Are we ready to move on with our investation? If so, what's the plan?. I'm better at following orders than giving them."

[sblock=ooc]
Question for the DM.

I assume the ring of darkness is a item to be given to someone in the party. All of us could use it. Should we determine who gets it now before we go on? If so, how do we do that? Or should we wait until the end of the adventure and divide everything out once it's done. Or, do you have an idea of who you want to give it to. Whatever we do, I vote to give it away to someone now. What does everyone else say?
[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Question for the DM.

I assume the ring of darkness is a item to be given to someone in the party. All of us could use it. Should we determine who gets it now before we go on? If so, how do we do that? Or should we wait until the end of the adventure and divide everything out once it's done. Or, do you have an idea of who you want to give it to. Whatever we do, I vote to give it away to someone now. What does everyone else say?
[sblock][/QUOTE]

[sblock=OOC]
Your call. It's treasure as given so you can keep it, use it, dig a big whole and bury it, whatever you so choose, I'm giving it out as a bonus item based on tacking on a second skill challenge I hadn't planned (curse you and your good rolls). I forgot to mention it's a minor action to use it, same as the racial power.of the drow.

It would most likely benefit the a rogue the most (gain CA), but any melee PC would benefit, actually a ranger might find it pretty useful...with those 2 attack powers gaining a +2 to hit is huge..
[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
I'm giving it out as a bonus item based on tacking on a second skill challenge I hadn't planned (curse you and your good rolls). [/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
Ha ha!

If the rogue and ranger have better use for it, so be it. That's my vote anyway. However, if others think the only fair way to do is for everyone to roll, I'm ok with that too. Your thoughts everyone?
[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]In my opinion magic items should go to the most appropriate character, but we keep track so at the end of the ENTIRE adventure we can make things even either with Gold or swapping items then. If there is a tie of usefulness and both want it, we can roll off OOC to quickly decide, but it doesn't seem like conflict here. Though we have 2 of 2 different roles... heh, only arcane character is me :) [/sblock]

Remove ads