A Problem of Nobility or Things that go Bump in the Night (Covaithe Judging)

johnmeier1

Explorer
Georg sees the gnome's reaction to the threats and diplomacy. He tries to figure out which is going to tip the scales in this argument and press the point.

[sblock=OOC]Insight roll to figure out which is working better
1d20+6=26
Wow, I could have tried either and done well anyway[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk keeps his mouth shut, amazed at his the masterful work of his fellow adventurers spin their web of diplomacy, trapping the gnome. He thinks to himself The poor lot (referring to the gnome) has no chance. Hmmm...sometimes words do more damage than the blade of an axe. Why didn't I study more in school? Mad at himself, he kicks a pebble in front of him. The pebble makes a bee-line towards Grim's kneecap, making a loud noise, and then falls harmlessly to the ground. "Oops, sorry about that." he says to the bugbear. "My mistake...wont happen again."

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Georg is able to infer some tactics that might prove beneficial to the other interrogaters.

[sblock=OOC]
Skill Challenge Pt. 2 - Interrogating the Gnome

2 successes, 1 failure.

Georg's success grants a +2 modifier as he can provide aid on the next diplomacy/intimidate check against the gnome. BTW, I sure hope you're not using up all the natural 20's on skill checks ;)

Carolina is skipped for now. Anyone can go.

[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]I'd do a post now, but I'd rather leave the +2 for someone who doesn't have a +10 Diplomacy already ;) If I can't roll a 5, then, well ... I suck and don't deserve the +2 anyway, haha.[/sblock]

N3rday

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Okay, so someone who needs a +2 should step in - I feel pretty okay with my +8 to Diplomacy. If no one steps in today I'll start chatting the gnome up again and take the +2. [/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Okay, so someone who needs a +2 should step in - I feel pretty okay with my +8 to Diplomacy. If no one steps in today I'll start chatting the gnome up again and take the +2. [/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
I'll go. I thought I was already accounted for. Here it goes...
diplomacy roll 1d20+2 = 16

that works! ...I hope
[/sblock]

Kruk steps forward towards the gnome. "Look, I was only kidding about the draw-and-quarter stuff. We're not your enemy here. Why don't ya tell us what's going on here." Kruk then slides the bag foward. "Also, what's in the bag?"

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Raiyek sighs, closes his eyes and gives his head a slow shake. Opening his eyes again and fixing them on the gnome with a sympathetic look, he murmurs, "Look, you might as well make it easy on yourself. We've got you, and we're not letting you go until we get what we need to know. Like we keep saying, if you cooperate, things will go better for you."

Nodding to Kruk, he adds, "And yes, what is in the bag? I'm quite curious as well."
[sblock=OOC]Skill Challenge: Diplomacy (1d20+10=15) <-- my word, that's what I get for talking about rolling low! *LS wanders away, humbled by the dice gods*

Edit: Oh, I should mention that tomorrow morning I'm leaving for the weekend. I'll be back Sunday night, but it hopefully won't be too much impediment to you guys, since ren doesn't really post on the weekends. Sorry for all these little absences of mine, they should (hopefully) be becoming less frequent soon.[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
I'll go. I thought I was already accounted for. Here it goes...
diplomacy roll 1d20+2 = 16

that works! ...I hope
[/sblock]

Kruk steps forward towards the gnome. "Look, I was only kidding about the draw-and-quarter stuff. We're not your enemy here. Why don't ya tell us what's going on here." Kruk then slides the bag foward. "Also, what's in the bag?"

The gnome looks at the Kruk suspiciously, then seeming to trust him, says "I don't know, I just get paid to drop off the stuff, then leave. That's it I swears"

Raiyek sighs, closes his eyes and gives his head a slow shake. Opening his eyes again and fixing them on the gnome with a sympathetic look, he murmurs, "Look, you might as well make it easy on yourself. We've got you, and we're not letting you go until we get what we need to know. Like we keep saying, if you cooperate, things will go better for you."

Nodding to Kruk, he adds, "And yes, what is in the bag? I'm quite curious as well."
[sblock=OOC]Skill Challenge: Diplomacy (1d20+10=15) <-- my word, that's what I get for talking about rolling low! *LS wanders away, humbled by the dice gods*

Edit: Oh, I should mention that tomorrow morning I'm leaving for the weekend. I'll be back Sunday night, but it hopefully won't be too much impediment to you guys, since ren doesn't really post on the weekends. Sorry for all these little absences of mine, they should (hopefully) be becoming less frequent soon.[/sblock]

The gnome's shoulders sag, as it stares at his feet. "Fine, whatever, if you let me go I'll tell you" he says, waiting for an answer.

Assuming it is a yes, he continues:

"So I was approached by some guys, short like me, but they looked...different. They never came into the light, just stayed in the alleyway, but I got this bad feeling when they spoke. They told me they needed to send a message to Daunton, that they were here to stay. They said they'd pay me 50 gold pieces for every delivery, who could turn down that much gold? I picked up the bodies at a place called Knick-Knocks House of Antiquities, down on Arquebus Avenue, in the crafting quarter. That's all I know, I swear, for real this time. Can I go" the gnome asks

[sblock=OOC]
Skill Challenge Pt. 2 - Interrogating the Gnome - Defeated!

4 successes, 1 failure. Well Done - All passed!

No worries Lord S. as you mentioned, I don't post on weekends, family time, so we'll probably get into the meat of the adventure on Monday.
[/sblock]

Remove ads