A Problem of Nobility or Things that go Bump in the Night (Covaithe Judging)

johnmeier1

Explorer
Georg is surprised for a moment as the inky darkness spreads around, but quickly runs through it in pursuit as he is the closest to the cloaked figure. He speaks not a word, focused on the endurance of a long run ahead as his short legs are only able to keep up with the small creature.

[sblock=OOC]Guess that the dwarf isn't the best in a short race, but maybe he can win the long one. I go for Endurance for the skill challenge, and Perception checks whenever the DM says the gnome gets out of sight.
Endurance: 11+6=17
[/sblock]

Tinwe

First Post
Grim steps out of the shadowed alley in which he had been hiding, hurdles some scattered crates with a bound, and runs in the direction in which he last saw the gnome.

[sblock=Mechanics]
Invisible Castle doesn't seem to want to load for me. Grim has a +8 to Atheletics- Renau1g, you can make the roll for me if I don't update before you see this. [/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Raiyek and Georg are the first through the darkness, blinded for a moment by the cloud, but after reaching the other side, Raiyek's keen elven eyes perceive the trailing cloak as the gnome rushes down Hammer Avenue towards the smithing district.

Georg lowers his head and pushes onward, the wizard can feel the blood pumping as he hurries around the corner, just keeping the fleeing gnome in sight.

Grim easily launches himself over the nearest pile of crates the gnome threw to the ground to try and cover his escape. He keeps up with his allies and their attempt to catch the enemy,

[sblock=OOC]
I'll expect everyone to post in the skill challenge in the same order in subsequent rounds so I'll keep track of the progress.

Init:
1) Raiyek
2) Georg
3) Grim
4 - 6) TBD

Raiyek beats the DC, it generates no success, but you can give one ally a +2 bonus on a roll between now and your next turn.

Interesting Georg, I'll allow it, but this can't generate any further successes this challenge. 2 success, 0 failures.

Grim, IC is down, I've rolled for you and got a 20 total.
http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?p=2037488#post2037488
[/sblock]

Last edited:

N3rday

First Post
Xoc bursts into an energetic sprint, grinning menacingly as he runs. "I've got longer legs than you, little gnome."

[sblock=OOC]
Athletics + 8 =IC is down!

Wow, lots of posts since I checked it last night. I'm already 4th in the initiative order! I guess that's what I get for sleeping in. Okay, so invisible castle does not seem to be up, could you perchance roll Athletics +8 for Xoc if I don't get to it first?

Also, did the gnome drop the sack or does he still have it? I assume he dropped it since it was so comically heavy for him, but just thought I would double-check in case we want to look at the body later.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Xoc bursts into an energetic sprint, grinning menacingly as he runs. "I've got longer legs than you, little gnome."

Xoc rushes after the gnome, seeing a him duck down a nearby alley and pushes a plank up that is too small for you to fit into. Luckily, your speed and agility allow you to pull yourself over the fence with relative ease.

[sblock=OOC]
*Note: other PC's make it over the fence without a roll, just adding flavour to the challenge. The way you're rolling this gnome's in trouble. 3 Successes, 0 Failures...

*Also, he's not carrying the sack with him right now.

I'll expect everyone to post in the skill challenge in the same order in subsequent rounds so I'll keep track of the progress.

Init:
1) Raiyek
2) Georg
3) Grim
4) Xoc
5 - 6) TBD

Dice Roll: 1d20+8
d20 Results: 16 (Total = 24)
(From Myth-Weavers)
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk leaps forward through the darkness and over the fence trying to catch the gnome.

[sblock=ooc]
athletics roll: 1d20+7 = 16
[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Kruk manages to get over the fence and with a spur of adrenaline rush forward, nearly catching the gnome, but being rewarded with the creatures cloak. He disappears into a crowd as he turns down Anvil Way.

[sblock=Carolina]
You get a +2 bonus from Raiyek's perception success on your roll, whatever you decide to do
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
*Note: other PC's make it over the fence without a roll, just adding flavour to the challenge. The way you're rolling this gnome's in trouble. 4 Successes, 0 Failures...

*Also, he's not carrying the sack with him right now.

Init:
1) Raiyek
2) Georg
3) Grim
4) Xoc
5) Kruk
6) Carolina

[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
As his companions close in around their quarry, Raiyek shouts to the small figure. "It's really best for you to give up now - there's no way you can outrun us now. Stop running and we'll be gentle!" He knows the gnome likely won't give up until they have hands on him, but if he can even make him hesitate a moment ...
[sblock=OOC]How's that for some flavour for a Diplomacy check?
Diplomacy: 1d20+10=11 ... er ... crap :([/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Carolina's success is enough to beat the Skill challenge, at least the phyical one. I don't have time to post right now (away from my notes), but it'll begin the interrogation portion shortly.

Note: I'm away until Monday, so you have the weekend to contemplate how to get that gnome to talk, and yes, waterboarding is an evil action, so Raiyek won't allow it ;)
[/sblock]

Remove ads