• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Problem of Nobility or Things that go Bump in the Night (Covaithe Judging)

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk lies face down on the ground as he failed at the attempt to catch the gnome. It was a nobel effort, leaping foward, at one point parallel to the ground. He gets up, steadies himself and examines his surroundings. He notices the crowd separated, looking on at the pursuit of the gnome by the palidan and the rogue. He wont get away now, Kruk thinks to himself. He looks down and notices he's holding the cloak of the gnome. "Hmmmm, I guess my attempt at catching him wasn't a total loss. I wonder if he's dropped anything else." He turns back, retracing his steps, and sure enough, he sees the bag the gnome was carrying not far away on the side of the street. He walks over and carefully picks it up, not examining the contents until he's with the whole group. "No tell'n what that creep has in here."

johnmeier1

Explorer
Georg seems proud to have kept up with his taller companions, he does not even seem winded. After bringing the gnome to bay, he gestures to the it. I believe we should ask that ring be surrendered as it was probably used to cause the darkness brought down on us.

[sblock=OOC]Beside that I don't see any need to restrain the gnome if it surrenders. I think that asking questions should be left up to the more intimidating or diplomatic of us, but Georg will participate when he has Knowledge to offer.[/sblock]

N3rday

First Post
"I agree...getting that ring away from him should make our lives much easier."

Xoc walks up to the captive, takes a knee and looks the Gnome in the eyes. "All right, here's the thing. You see that gargantuan Bugbear over there? He'd like nothing better than to throw you on a spit over a fire and cook you until you tell us what we want to know. But, hey, Gnome's gotta make a living, and I understand that - I don't want to deprive you of any of your physical faculties on account of your line of work. So here's the deal - you give us that ring and promise not to try anything funny, and I'll ensure that you'll come out of this alive and with all of your limbs intact. Sound peachy?"

[sblock=OOC]
Looks like success!!!
Diplomacy on captured Gnome (1d20+8=25)[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post

Xoc walks up to the captive, takes a knee and looks the Gnome in the eyes. "All right, here's the thing. You see that gargantuan Bugbear over there? He'd like nothing better than to throw you on a spit over a fire and cook you until you tell us what we want to know. But, hey, Gnome's gotta make a living, and I understand that - I don't want to deprive you of any of your physical faculties on account of your line of work. So here's the deal - you give us that ring and promise not to try anything funny, and I'll ensure that you'll come out of this alive and with all of your limbs intact. Sound peachy?"

"Why don't we draw and quarter him! I'll get the horses and rope!" Kruk says (as a bluff going along with Xoc's play). "We need information (Kruk points at him as he carefully places the bag out of reach of the gnome but within the circle of party members surrounding him), and your gonna give it to us, or else!"

[sblock=ooc]
intimidation roll = 7
oops...I guess that didn't work
[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Raiyek stands slightly behind Xoc, his eyes intensely watching the gnome but not holding any malice, seeming to support the orc's offer. "Indeed, there is no need for us to harm you if you cooperate. We may not be so kind if you try to flee again, however." He stays ready to chase the gnome if he chooses to run, hand resting on the pommel of his new sword.

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk, disappointed with himself for his failed attempt at a bluff, stands back and guards the bag. Thinking to himself: Kruk, why don't you ever learn! Last time you tried to bluff some kid you were pick-pocketed by another one of his friends. The little rascal stole 5 of your hard-earned gold pieces! (Adventure: The Long Arm of Hoofchew). Kruk chuckles and then mutters under his breath: "Better leave the questioning to Xoc and Raiyek and do what I do best, sit and watch."

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Carolina finds the crowd's presence no match for her athletic skill and grace, she easily finds a seam in the throng of people and just as the gnome's about to turn down another alley, she launches herself at the creature and tacles him to the ground.

"Mercy!" he whispers holding up his hands, showing they're empty.

The others catch up and see Carolina pinning the gnome.

[sblock=OOC]
Looks like success!!!
Diplomacy on captured Gnome (1d20+8=25)[/sblock]

The gnome looks around fearfully, his eyes settling on the bugbear and a visible gulp escapes his throat. He draws the ring from his finger and drops it into Xoc's outstretched hand.

"Why don't we draw and quarter him! I'll get the horses and rope!" Kruk says (as a bluff going along with Xoc's play). "We need information (Kruk points at him as he carefully places the bag out of reach of the gnome but within the circle of party members surrounding him), and your gonna give it to us, or else!"

[sblock=ooc]
intimidation roll = 7
oops...I guess that didn't work
[/sblock]

Looking at you, the gnome's spts defiantly, "Bah, I'm dead anyways, you're threats are nothing compared to what'll happen if I rat out the boss" he says, seeming to grow more confident as he speaks.

Grim stands back and does his best to appear ready to carry out the orc's threat, while carefully watching to see if the ploy is having any effect.
[sblock]
Insight (1d20+2=18)[/sblock]

Grim notices that the threat's are hollow.

[sblock=OOC]
Skill Challenge Pt. 2 - Interrogating the Gnome

1 success, 1 failure, Grim's success will grant a +2 modifier on the next check to influence the gnome.

[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Raiyek's melodic voice rings out, soothing the gnome. "Ah, little friend, but if you help us find and stop your master, then you have nothing to fear from his retribution. We are capable of more than simply running fast, I think you'll find, and with your aid we could put an end to this." A comforting smile forms on the elf's lips, showing his confidence to the gnome. "Now, why don't you tell us who this master of yours is, and where he's based?"
[sblock=OOC]Skill Challenge: Diplomacy (1d20+10=29). Woot!

Also, there's a crowd? I thought it was the middle of the night? Or is it nighttime and there's still a crowd?[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Raiyek's melodic voice rings out, soothing the gnome. "Ah, little friend, but if you help us find and stop your master, then you have nothing to fear from his retribution. We are capable of more than simply running fast, I think you'll find, and with your aid we could put an end to this." A comforting smile forms on the elf's lips, showing his confidence to the gnome. "Now, why don't you tell us who this master of yours is, and where he's based?"
[sblock=OOC]Skill Challenge: Diplomacy (1d20+10=29). Woot!

Also, there's a crowd? I thought it was the middle of the night? Or is it nighttime and there's still a crowd?[/sblock]

"Uh, yeah you're fast and all that, they'd have my head if I told you where they were" he replies, but you notice his demeanor is easing up.

[sblock=OOC]
Yes, there was a crowd...ummm..outside a tavern, yeah that's it...the drunkards have since moved on.

Skill Challenge Pt. 2 - Interrogating the Gnome

2 successes, 1 failure, Carolina & Georg to act.

[/sblock]

Remove ads