A problem with D&D that's not really a problem (minor rant)

Limper

First Post
Apok said:
I honestly do not see this as a problem. As Zappo pointed out, anyone who is familiar with project management or system analysis & design principles knows that 70% of all projects fail due to poor planning. Better planning will always yield a better result.

I think the problem is that when someone plans out their character development in this way, the "true roleplayers" start screaming their heads off and whining about "powergaming" and "rampant munchkinism." Well, quite frankly, I'm tired of justifying my actions to these whiny little drama-club reject wannabe actors. I'm making a character that will actually do well in dire circumstances and be fun to roleplay as well. Forgive me if my background history isn't reminicient of a fledgeling novel and that I don't invest 20 minutes of game time describing what kind of cheese my character likes with his mead. I'm all for good roleplaying, but give it a bloody rest, will ya?!

Ahem. Excuse me, while I go work off some of this excess anger...

Sniff... god that was beautiful man... would you marry me?

Sorry I got carried away there but it made me so happy... Apok, you I like!

Limper

First Post
By the way if there were some well written guidelines for writting Prestige Classes no one would have to plan so darn far ahead... if we knew the balancing weights of all the parts of a class then appropriate ones could be made for characters and I think that would solve most of the DM and Player frustration with the situation.

Remove ads