• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Question Concerning Erythnul, God of Slaughter

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Darkness if I didn't know better, I'd swear you're ready to convert! ;) :p

Mancer, I'm not looking for a god versus god thread either. BUT I would just like to say that I think your choice for Eth is FINE for you campaign. I'm just commenting that Vangal is MORE than just a slaughter god. He's a god UNMITTIGATING devasation. He lives not just for combat, but seeing the world as a charnel house. He doesn't want worship, he wants PLENTY of destruction, deaths, bloodshed, earthquakes, and plagues a plenty. Which is why I think the comparsion to Eth is unfair for ETH, not for Vangal. Eth just like to slaughter and maim. Vangal wants wholesale destruction in ANY form.

hong

WotC's bitch
Nightfall said:
Darkness if I didn't know better, I'd swear you're ready to convert! ;) :p

Mancer, I'm not looking for a god versus god thread either. BUT I would just like to say that I think your choice for Eth is FINE for you campaign. I'm just commenting that Vangal is MORE than just a slaughter god. He's a god UNMITTIGATING devasation. He lives not just for combat, but seeing the world as a charnel house. He doesn't want worship, he wants PLENTY of destruction, deaths, bloodshed, earthquakes, and plagues a plenty. Which is why I think the comparsion to Eth is unfair for ETH, not for Vangal. Eth just like to slaughter and maim. Vangal wants wholesale destruction in ANY form.

Ah, a bit like a rugby prop-forward.

MancerBear

First Post
No offence taken, Nightfall :)

The god of slaughter from Scarred Lands does sound good, and has some very similar modis operandi to Virakus. Something else that I forgot to add to my last post. The vast majority of "gods" in my campaign are in reality just outsiders (much like demons and celestials), who grant spells to "priests" ala sorcerers. The still get domains, and must learn their domain spells first before gaining any other spells.

The only "real" god inthe campaign is Pelor, who has no stats, can pretty much do as he wishes, and is the only god that has clerics as per the Players Handbook. Pelor has very little direct contact with his worshippers, and in general sends celestials to do his bidding.

If this sounds a bit like a real world religion, that's entirely intentional :)

MancerBear

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads