A Sailor Talks Too Much (El Jefe Judging)(completed)

DerHauptman

First Post
[sblock=Searching the Bad Guys]
BigB said:
Phoenix readjusts to share her load with Lookspring and starts moving, knowing that they will be the slowest of the party as long as they are dragging their assigned target along. "Let's move it people. Ray...Pinkie...let's get a move on. It's hard to spend the extra couple coppers from their pockets in a jail cell. Especially considering that our bigger payoff gets to us faster if we get this guy where he's supposed to be." she says quietly over her shoulder as she walks away.

The longer we wait, the better chance of being stopped methinks. The katara speaks up, "Staying any longer could be letting more of those men catch us. We must move to a hiding place or get to the warehouse. Standing here in the street will be getting us all killed. Bring the man or kill the man, but don't dally any longer."
Phoenix and Lookspring begin dragging/carrying Uggla toward the destination heedless of the others.

[sblock= Phoenix and Lookspring] The street before you seems even more deserted than it had before the encounter. Where before there were few people lurking about there is now none. [/sblock]

Verrick watches Pinkie and Ray search the bodies. I am fairly skilled at noticing things. I think it would be better I were the one to hang back from the rest of the party. Verrick is clearly unwilling to leave the man alone with either of the haflings. I think we need to remove ourselves to an alley, and figure out how we are to make our rendevouz. Verrick seems disturbed by the scene before him.

[sblock= Pinkie] the body you search has severely worn leather armor, a club and a sap. In his left boot is a small bag with 2 sp and 4 cp. He is definately not of the upper class.[/sblock]

[sblock= Ray] the body you search has well kept leather armor that has been dyed black, a pouch ona string about his neck with 5 gp and 15 sp. Lying beside him is a well crafted ornate dagger, doubtfully something this man obtained legally. [/sblock]
[/sblock]

BigB - Ray took the ornate dagger from the man and hid it from the rest of the group in the small of his back.

He will take it to a shop to see what it will fetch since it's human sized (assumption).

[sblock=Taking the Dagger for Himself]
DerHauptman said:
Looking the ornate weapon over, coveting it greatly, Ray stealthily (Sleight of Hand Roll = 27 ) shoves the dagger into the belt near the small of his back, a place left vacant buy the dagger presumably still in one of his latest victims.

Looking over at Pinkie for the nod that she is ready to go he stands up and puts the little pouch around his neck.

Ok lets go then....

As they walk of slightly behind the group he leans in and whispers to Pinkie...

This bunch is a little self-righteous for a bunch of hired kidnappers ey?
[/sblock]

BigB

First Post
Phoenix8008 said:
Phoenix would be willing to put in for this herself even though she's got 4 CLW potions already clinking around. Who is there that can activate and use the wand? Also, Phoenix would be willing to loan Verrick the 30gp if he repays her 35 or 40 after the adventure! ;)

P.S.- I'm all leveled up to 2nd and ready to go for the next adventure whenever you guys are. I'll keep checking this thread for a link to the new thread/adventure.

Here is a link: New adventure thread (Rich beyond dreams)

DerHauptman said:
[sblock=Searching the Bad Guys]

[/sblock]

BigB - Ray took the ornate dagger from the man and hid it from the rest of the group in the small of his back.

He will take it to a shop to see what it will fetch since it's human sized (assumption).

[sblock=Taking the Dagger for Himself]

[/sblock]

[sblock= DerHauptman] The dagger is Human sized and masterwork quality. As you inquire you are offered 252 gp for the dagger, as it is MW quality. Although if you would like to keep it, due to the quality of the weapon you receive no penalty wielding it even though it is a bit longer than you are accustomed to.[/sblock]

Last edited:

LiquidBlue

First Post
Phoenix8008 said:
Phoenix would be willing to put in for this herself even though she's got 4 CLW potions already clinking around. Who is there that can activate and use the wand? Also, Phoenix would be willing to loan Verrick the 30gp if he repays her 35 or 40 after the adventure! ;)

Thanks for the offer. I just need to adjust Verrick's purchases to free up the cash.

Assuming everyone agrees to put in 150gp, Verrick make the following changes to his planned purchases.

He does not buy the following:

50gp Potion of cure light wounds
16gp Green Ink
22gp Alchemical Silver Dagger

Total saved: 86gp

Total money: 156gp 4sp 5cp

After contribution: 6gp 4sp 5cp

SelcSilverhand said:
Not a bad idea, I like it.

However from Looksprings CE viewpoint, he'd want to know what happens to the wand at the end of the adventure? Does the person that wants to keep it pay off the rest of the group's donation, minus charges used or something? If that sounds like a good idea, Lookspring would probably be willing to buy it at the end of the adventure since he's got about 600gp still clinking around in his pouch.

If Lookspring has 600gp unallocated we may have another option. We do not necessary have to divide the cost evenly, just as long as we agree to pay back those that do contribute from the adventure's reward. (After the adventure, if a character so desired, they couold then buy the wand from the party at on a pro-rated basis.)

Last edited:

DerHauptman

First Post
The halflings would gladly pay for thier share of the wand, they would view it as a business expense. I had a hard time convincing my daughter of that BTW.

LiquidBlue

First Post
DerHauptman said:
The halflings would gladly pay for thier share of the wand, they would view it as a business expense. I had a hard time convincing my daughter of that BTW.

Since all of the character are willing to front 150gp, I guess the group now has a shiny new wand. Verrick will go ahead and make his purchases as detailed in my previous post.

Now, who gets to hold on the wand? It is between Verrick and Lookspring. I won't make any particular case that Verrick should do so (except that in the middle of combat Lookspring might be more effective with his bow than Verrick.), nor do I believe that Verrick will do any lobbying; I think he is mostly concerned with mending bridges.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Lookspring is more interested in feathering the bad guys full of arrows than touching people with the magic stick, let Verrick hang on to it.

Updating my sheet now

Remove ads