A Sailor Talks Too Much (El Jefe Judging)(completed)

LiquidBlue

First Post
Verrick goes shopping

I am making out a shopping list for Verrick, and a lot of it depends on his ability to carry things. I am thinking that he could buy a pack dog or two.

A guard dog costs 25 gp. According to the Handle Animal skill an animal trained to guard knows the tricks attack, defend, guard, and down.

I figure that a pack dog would be a dog with the ride package, that is it has been trained to know the tricks come, heel, and stay.

Pack saddles weigh 15 pounds, but these are generally for large or medium creatures. The dog is a small creature. Thus I wonder if the pack saddle designed for a dog might weigh less. Perhaps the best compromise would be an exotic pack saddle that weighs 1/4 as much as a regularly sized saddle, which would put the saddle at 5lbs.

Of course that leaves the matter of feeding the dogs. I am not sure what their daily requirements might be or how much they would cost. Maybe they could eat trail rations sized for a small creature.

So I wonder if these sounds about right:

A pack dog costs 25gp and knows the tricks come, heel, and stay.
A pack saddle costs either 5gp or 15gp and weighs 5lbs.
Absent other sources of food the dogs eat a single small trail ration per day.

Thoughts?

BigB

First Post
LiquidBlue said:
I
Of course that leaves the matter of feeding the dogs. I am not sure what their daily requirements might be or how much they would cost. Maybe they could eat trail rations sized for a small creature.

I think you should be able to use the Feed(per day) 5cp - this is less than the cost of trail rations for a small character. I will also allow you to hunt for food if you desire, dogs do eat meat after all.

LiquidBlue said:
So I wonder if these sounds about right:

A pack dog costs 25gp and knows the tricks come, heel, and stay.
A pack saddle costs either 5gp or 15gp and weighs 5lbs.

Thoughts?

I agree with above. Keep in mind a small pack saddle will also hold 1/4 the amount of goods.

LiquidBlue

First Post
Verrick's Shopping List

Verrick will make the following purchases during his time between episodes.

30gp Tithe to temple or clergy of Zaphos
10gp Offering to temple or clergy of Zaphos (Re: Excellent Heal check rolls)
25gp Pack Dog (Fobin)
15gp Pack Saddle for Fobin (Priced at Exotic as I want it to be not only a pack saddle but a harness.)
50gp potion of cure light wounds
20gp 100ft silk rope
10gp Tent
40gp 2 smokesticks
5gp 10 small trail rations
22gp Alchemical silver dagger
112gp Dagger with Continual Flame cast on it
2gp dagger
1gp flint and steel
1gp map case
8gp ink
16gp green ink
2gp 10 pieces of parchment

subtotal: 369gp

1sp Bedroll
5sp 5 pints of oil
2sp 20 candles
8sp signal whistle
2sp 2 sacks
2sp 2 ink pens

subtotal: 20sp=2gp

5cp 5 pieces of chalk

Total: 371gp 5cp

Previous to the adventure Verrick had 145gp and 5sp. He gave 4gp to the sailors, leaving 141gp 5sp. Adding the 300gp reward gives 441gp 5sp. Subtract these expenses leaves 70gp 4sp 5cp.

BigB

First Post
LiquidBlue said:
Verrick will make the following purchases during his time between episodes.

30gp Tithe to temple or clergy of Zaphos
10gp Offering to temple or clergy of Zaphos (Re: Excellent Heal check rolls)
25gp Pack Dog (Fobin)
15gp Pack Saddle for Fobin (Priced at Exotic as I want it to be not only a pack saddle but a harness.)
50gp potion of cure light wounds
20gp 100ft silk rope
10gp Tent
40gp 2 smokesticks
5gp 10 small trail rations
22gp Alchemical silver dagger
112gp Dagger with Continual Flame cast on it
2gp dagger
1gp flint and steel
1gp map case
8gp ink
16gp green ink
2gp 10 pieces of parchment

subtotal: 369gp

1sp Bedroll
5sp 5 pints of oil
2sp 20 candles
8sp signal whistle
2sp 2 sacks
2sp 2 ink pens

subtotal: 20sp=2gp

5cp 5 pieces of chalk

Total: 371gp 5cp

Previous to the adventure Verrick had 145gp and 5sp. He gave 4gp to the sailors, leaving 141gp 5sp. Adding the 300gp reward gives 441gp 5sp. Subtract these expenses leaves 70gp 4sp 5cp.

Looks good.

LiquidBlue

First Post
BigB said:
Looks good.

Thanks BigB.

I just had a thought. Verrick spent 50gp on a potion of cure light wounds. Certainly a lifesaver in the right situation; however, seeing as we don't have any spellcasters (divine, arcane, or psionic) perhaps it would be wise if as a group we bought a wand of cure light wounds.

Both Verrick and Lookspring can use the wand. It would however cost 150gp over 5 people. (Half of the last adventure's reward). If we decide to go this route, Verrick will have to alter his purchases slightly to free up some money (~30gp).

BigB

First Post
LiquidBlue said:
Thanks BigB.

I just had a thought. Verrick spent 50gp on a potion of cure light wounds. Certainly a lifesaver in the right situation; however, seeing as we don't have any spellcasters (divine, arcane, or psionic) perhaps it would be wise if as a group we bought a wand of cure light wounds.

Both Verrick and Lookspring can use the wand. It would however cost 150gp over 5 people. (Half of the last adventure's reward). If we decide to go this route, Verrick will have to alter his purchases slightly to free up some money (~30gp).

As you are in Orussus, you can purchase most anything. Whatever you decide as a group. Healing may certainly come in handy.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Not a bad idea, I like it.

However from Looksprings CE viewpoint, he'd want to know what happens to the wand at the end of the adventure? Does the person that wants to keep it pay off the rest of the group's donation, minus charges used or something? If that sounds like a good idea, Lookspring would probably be willing to buy it at the end of the adventure since he's got about 600gp still clinking around in his pouch.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Phoenix would be willing to put in for this herself even though she's got 4 CLW potions already clinking around. Who is there that can activate and use the wand? Also, Phoenix would be willing to loan Verrick the 30gp if he repays her 35 or 40 after the adventure! ;)

P.S.- I'm all leveled up to 2nd and ready to go for the next adventure whenever you guys are. I'll keep checking this thread for a link to the new thread/adventure.

Remove ads