A Sailor Talks Too Much (El Jefe Judging)(completed)

Phoenix8008

First Post
Phoenix strolls casually over to the front of the Snooty Pig, near the door but not right beside it, and leans back against the wall loitering and tapping her foot as if to music in her head. She casually watches and listens for any disturbances in the directions of her other teamates.

OOC: Sorry so long away. Had connection problems for a bit.

Last edited:

BigB

First Post
Ray sees that everyone is ready and nods and crosses the street and enters the snooty pig. Ray enters the bar and scans the room for the mark, he notes the exits and anyone that looks out of character for the place - ( overdressed, overarmed, under dressed, underarmed, too rich, and obvious "professionals" [meaning thieves or con-men like himself]

[sblock=Ray] as you enter you see a man oblivously the mark, standing on a table talking to an irritated man seated at the bar. The second man tells him to shut his mouth before he shows him which ship has the best crew. There is one bartender, 13 patrons(black dots) and the mark(yellow dot). Ray does not notice anything out of ordinary for this type of establishment. The patrons are typical shady characters but only the one seems to be paying any attention to your mark.[/sblock]

Lookspring finds a good hiding place to watch the street and the door to the snooty pig.

Verrick makes his way around the alleys to the south side of the snooty pig and checks the alley to the south and back [sblock=Verrick] you find a second entrance in the back and more alleys leading to the back of the snooty pig. I have updated the map for the back alley area.[/sblock]

Phoenix strolls casually over to the front of the Snooty Pig, near the door but not right beside it, and leans back against the wall loitering and tapping her foot as if to music in her head. She casually watches and listens for any disturbances in the directions of her other teamates. She watches as locals walk up and down the street seemingly disinterested on the events taking place.

After a few minutes Pinkie enters the Snooty Pig. She walks through the door and looks around the room to see were Ray is, makes a mental note and uses their sign language to ask him if everything seems ok to begin.

Attachments

• snooty pig.JPG
    snooty pig.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 112
  • snooty pig and immediate surrounding.jpg
    snooty pig and immediate surrounding.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:

LiquidBlue

First Post
Verrick acts

[sblock=Verrick's Actions]
Verrick will investigate each of the alleys leading behind the Snooty Pig. If there exists an alley between the two buildings directly to his south he will start there, then continue to the 4 alleys to the east of the Snooty Pig, finally checking out the alley to the north of the Snooty Pig.

Verrick will also test the back door of the Snooty Pig to see if he can open it, without actually opening it.

Verrick will make note of any entrances he finds to the other buildings.

I am not sure that he can make much use of his hide skills as he does this investigations. If he finds anyone else, he will immediately try to hide if it seems that the other person has not seen him.

Otherwise Verrick will be making use of his move silently skill. BigB, I am pretty sure that you would want to make the rolls, if such rolls become required. Verrick's move silently modifier is +7.
[/sblock]

BigB

First Post
As the party moves to position the employer turns and leaves the alley in the opposite direction. Obviously taking a different route to not draw attention.

BigB

First Post
What are everyones actions?

[sblock=Verrick] As Verrick is exploring the alleys behind the snooty pig he sees 2 figures coming down the alley. (Brown dots on map) Wait are they wearing yellow sashes? Verrick quickly hides as best he can. One of the sailors stops and looks right at Verrick, staring. After a moment he shakes his head and continues. Verrick listens and can hear the two very clearly.

What you stopping for? Thought I saw something. Quit your jumpin at every shadow. Capn tells us to have a good time tonight fer we aint comin back fer a while, but when we do will be rich, we will. C’mon tis our last night ashore. Yeah yur rit. I jist dunt like this shadows on shore, at least out ta sea we can see anything cumin our way.[/sblock]

Attachments

• snooty pig and immediate surrounding.jpg
    snooty pig and immediate surrounding.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 141

LiquidBlue

First Post
Verrick can hide, but is that enough?

[sblock=Verrick's actions]
Verrick will do the following assuming the sailors are coming towards the Snooty Pig. If I misunderstood, and they are walking away from the Snooty Pig, Verrick will hide until they are away.

Verrick takes 4 gold pieces from his pouch, then with the gold offered in one hand, and leaning slightly on his staff with other, Verrick reveals himself to the sailors and says:

Gentlemen, I could not help but overhear that you are sailors on the last night of shore leave. I have never sailed myself, but greatly enjoy news of the world.Unfortunately, the Snooty Pig will soon be visited by a large company of city watchmen. Bluff(1d20+1=15) If we were to retire to a less exciting tavern, it would be my pleasure to treat you to several drinks, in exchange for stories of distant shores.
[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
Phoenix subtly keeps her eyes on the 3 people out on the street in front of the Snooty Pig. She also keeps her ears open for any sound of trouble from inside the building.

LiL'Hauptman

First Post
Pinkie quickly goes to work, she puts on her game face - in this instance that of a young (not a stretch) inocent messenger girl.

She walks up to the sailor on the table extends the parchement and says in her most sheepish voice....

Excuse me sir...I have a message for you. That is if your name is Uggla, it is isn't it...
(Bluff Roll = 19)

She continues to hold the parchement out to him....

BigB

First Post
Pinkie - She walks up to the sailor on the table extends the parchement and says in her most sheepish voice....

Excuse me sir...I have a message for you. That is if your name is Uggla, it is isn't it...
(Bluff Roll = 19)

She continues to hold the parchement out to him....

[sblock= pinkie] Uggla looks at Pinkie and rubs his eyes and stares…Finaly replies taking the parchment. My Capn sure knows how to get a fellas attention sendin a pretty lass such as yerself. He half slides and half falls off the table landing on his feet. Once he has steadied himself he reads the note with a puzzled look on his face. Must be sometin doin with this island stuff an all. Capn never sent me a note before. We best hurry then.[/sblock]

[sblock= Ray] You notice the sailor that hed been arguing with Uggla make a move toward Uggla and Pinkie.[/sblock]

Verrick takes 4 gold pieces from his pouch, then with the gold offered in one hand, and leaning slightly on his staff with other, Verrick reveals himself to the sailors and says:

Gentlemen, I could not help but overhear that you are sailors on the last night of shore leave. I have never sailed myself, but greatly enjoy news of the world.Unfortunately, the Snooty Pig will soon be visited by a large company of city watchmen. Bluff(1d20+1=15) If we were to retire to a less exciting tavern, it would be my pleasure to treat you to several drinks, in exchange for stories of distant shores.

[sblock= Verrick] The two sailors are startled by the appearance of Verrick but brighten at the mention of free drinks. One of them speaks up…Thanks friend we would welcome the opportunity to trade tales for drinks. I know of just the place called the flea bitten dog not far from here. Not too many customers there and is the kind of place where your business is kept close to your lips if you know what I mean.[/sblock]

[sblock= Lookspring and Phoenix ] the three in the alley seem to be loitering longer than any other passersby but make no action that would otherwise alert you.[/sblock]

Remove ads