A Sailor Talks Too Much (El Jefe Judging)(completed)

BigB

First Post
LiquidBlue said:
Verrick now addresses his employer:

Assuming we bring Uggla to the warehouse without drawing too much attention, will he be safe there? Which ship do they sail on? Do you know which direction his shipmates will likely come from?

OOC: Now would be a good time for Verrick to role a sense motive. Up to this point Verrick has trusted that Joe would not be dealing with a man who has dishonest intentions; but while Verrick has no problem saving a man and facilitating a business meeting, he would not want to be involved in kipnapping or worse. Opposing a human, Verrick has a sense motive modifier of +4.

We will be as safe as we can keep him. The best plan is to not let anyone else know where he has gotten to. If he is found out we will have to make a hasty retreat while fending off any attackers. As to his shipmates, as far as I know they are in various taverns within the city for a night of shore leave.

[sblock=Verrick] You feel confident in your evaluation of your employer - He seems to be motivated by an opportunity to make money although not opposed to help this sailor in the process. You detect no attempt at deceipt.[/sblock]

ooc: Employer still there but staying back letting you make your plans. The city blocks seem to vary in length but are defined by groups of buildings with streets separating the different groups of buildings.

Last edited:

DerHauptman

First Post
[sblock=Positioning]
A map would help a little but in its absence I think I can just sort of describe my intent IC
Also, it is worth mentioning here that Ray and Pinkie have a complex sign language they use during their operations. I took it as a language for both of them. I view it like the old Thieves Can't in the previous editions. It can be used in signs or verbally while people are around to coordinate key thoughts and ideas. It is not a true language and only simple ideas and common concepts can be communicated between them. However, it is unique to them and no one else can understand it.

[/sblock]

Ray quickly describes his intent to the group - (written in narrative form for brevity sake)

Ray and Pinkie have a brief heated argument over her going in absolutely alone, Ray acknowledges that while the idea is likely the best plan, he will not allow it.

They eventually come to a compromise; Ray intends to go in before Pinkie, he'll leave his cloak and pack with the group so that the identical cloaks don't betray Pinkie's role as a lone messenger. He will wait just inside the door, buying a drink and finding a seat near it or if there is no table there he'll simply order the drink and fuss with his equipment near the door making it seem like he intends to hang something up.

He will watch the crowd so that he can watch the room after Uggla is contacted to see if anyone responds with obvious interest. He will see who leaves right after them if they do so and if she is chased or compromised in some way he will just fumble in front of the door and delay any pursuit. Then, he will follow about 5 minutes behind making his way to the warehouse by making a large circle around it to check for surveillance. If anyone seems interested in Pinkie and Uggla's departure he will try and interfere with their departure by making a scene (spilling his beer on the pursuit team). If they ignore that and leave in a hurry he will leave and pass the tail on to Verrick who he asks to station himself outside and advises him that the mark(s) will be wet with beer.

He will then tail Verrick as a back-up for him in case he is made, he will tail Verrick in a counter-counter surveillance role... ensuring that Verrick is not being tailed himself.

He arranges some signals for the two of them to use for safety sake. Hand gestures and such for break off, follow me and go to the warehouse - everything is fine.

He waits for a nod of approval and will leave for the tavern as soon as possible, giving Pinkie a small kiss on the cheek when he departs reminding her to be careful and to be alert.

BigB

First Post
I have attached a map of the buildings immediately around the snooty pig that you can see.

For actions I have:

Verrick checking alleys south, behind, and north of snooty pig.

Ray enter the snooty pig first, order a drink and be ready for trouble.

Pinkie wait a moment for Ray to be ready and enter snooty pig and attempt to convince Uggla to leave with her using the note.

Phoenix -

Lookspring - find a place to hide and watch from the north alley

Attachments

• view from alley across street.JPG
    view from alley across street.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:

LiquidBlue

First Post
That is a nice map BigB. How did you make it?

You have my proposed action correct. However, if there is a paassge between the smaller building and the L-shaped building surrounding it, Verrick would like to exit from the lower alley, so as to avoid a group exodus. He would go from there to the lower alley of the Snooty Pig.

There is a person standing in front of the Snooty Pig. If Verrick can see that person from his vantage, does he notice anything distinguishable about him? Does it look like a bouncer? Don't worry about delaying the game to answer.

With regards to Pheonix and Lookspring. It looks like Ray, Pinkie, and Verrick went ahead and made plans without considering your contributions. Sorry about that.

BigB

First Post
LiquidBlue said:
That is a nice map BigB. How did you make it?

Thanks. Fractal Mapper. Still getting used to it.

LiquidBlue said:
You have my proposed action correct. However, if there is a paassge between the smaller building and the L-shaped building surrounding it, Verrick would like to exit from the lower alley, so as to avoid a group exodus. He would go from there to the lower alley of the Snooty Pig.

Yes there is room to walk between the two buildings and allow Verrick to exit from the lower alley.

LiquidBlue said:
There is a person standing in front of the Snooty Pig. If Verrick can see that person from his vantage, does he notice anything distinguishable about him? Does it look like a bouncer? Don't worry about delaying the game to answer.

The person directly in front of the snooty pig seems to be just passing by.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Lookspring points towards the north alleyway. "I'll lay in wait there and keep an eye out for any trouble."

OOC:
[SBLOCK]
I'm good with the plan. Been sick last two days so haven't been on much. Lookspring will find a place to hide where he has a view of the street.
Lookspring Hide (1d20+12=19)
[/SBLOCK]

BigB

First Post
SelcSilverhand said:
Lookspring points towards the north alleyway. "I'll lay in wait there and keep an eye out for any trouble."

OOC:
[SBLOCK]
I'm good with the plan. Been sick last two days so haven't been on much. Lookspring will find a place to hide where he has a view of the street.
Lookspring Hide (1d20+12=19)
[/SBLOCK]

Which side of the street will you be on? The north side of the snooty pig alley is set back a bit and will be difficult to see the street in front of the snooty pig.

Phoenix- will you be finding a place to watch as well or something else?

Ray- once you enter the tavern I will post a map for you and pinkie. Just waiting to make sure I have evryone's actions before I post the next round.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC:
[SBLOCK]
Hmm, didn't think about that. I'll change my action and remain in the alley we are in currently. That way I can see both directions and the door of the bar.
[/SBLOCK]

LiL'Hauptman

First Post
Pinkie fidgets with the letter in her hand and waits for everyone to get settld into their positions.

Once it seems like everyone is ready some head nods are exchanged in the way of confirmation, that the plan is all set.

She waits for Ray to enter the bar, waits 5 minutes and goes in....

She walks through the door and looks around the room to see were Ray is, makes a mental note and uses their sign language to ask him if everything seems ok to begin.

DerHauptman

First Post
When it seems all are ready, Ray makes some head nods to everyone in hopes of one in return - he'll take that as the go ahead to enter.

Ray enters the bar and scans the room for the mark, he notes the exits and anyone that looks out of character for the place - ( overdressed, overarmed, under dressed, underarmed, too rich, and obvious "professionals" [meaning thieves or con-men like himself] )

[sblock] Not wanting to push anyone if they are not ready - this will be my action when the group seems to be ready to go. Feel free to make more comments or actions as needed. BIBB - when the group is ready this is want I'll do. I'll be out th rest of the night and don't want to hold up the start of the action. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads