• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Season of Bones - OOC

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Weapons/armor that would normally made of metal are obsidian or the shell of very tough animals, etc. for the most part.

Just to clarify the weapon rules.

As in, this is straight from the DM's mouth. This is my official ruling, as it's presented in the book.

Metal is incredibly rare, and you won't have access to it unless you find one.

Weapons (or implements!) and armor can be made of wood, stone, obsidian, bone, chitin, whatever.

A nonmetal weapon (or implement!) will break on an attack roll of 1. This is called "fumbling breakage." The other rule WalkingDad hinted at is called "reckless breakage," and we will not be utilizing it.

If a weapon (or implement!) breaks, you may use it as an improvised weapon for the remainder of the encounter. You can replace it for free in-between encounters.

Armor is not at risk of breakage.

The material of the item is purely flavor-related.

Please ask if you have any more questions.

But they only break if you want to take the risk and you can choose the same types of weapons and armor. (Just wanted to explain a bit more, as Shay seems to lack the setting book.)

Everyone please note that the above is not quite right. See my above post for more information.

So I can stay with my scale armor and my axe but they might shatter in pieces?

Also, how's my character? =)

VV, your character is quite cool.

Everybody's character right now has a great shot at making it! If we get one more submission before the deadline, I'll close recruitment and narrow it down to 4 from there.

Hey everybody, tomorrow is the last day for character submissions!

From the people who have expressed interest, I still haven't received a character from Shayuri or Renau1. If either of you would like to submit, I need it by tomorrow evening.

These are the submissions I've received:

Vertexx69 - Ja'Cart, Thri-Kreen Monk
WalkingDad - Jalaan, Tiefling Psion
Voda Vosa - Muzdum Firebelly, Dwarf Fighter
Theroc - Balasar, Dragonborn Barbarian
Stonegod - Daran, Half-Elf Ardent/Battlemind

Nope! Primal is treated normally. It's treated as quite normal outside of the city-states, while within the city-states, it's often treated with a sense of suspicion, but it isn't seen as a criminal pursuit, like Arcane magic is.

The official cutoff time for submissions is 5 PM Eastern, Tuesday, August 24.

Unless you are extremely good-looking, you must turn in your character sheet before then.

[Posted to entry 1 as well)

Shayuri

First Post
WIP Sheet

Still needs fluff, but I'm happy with the mechanics now.

[Sblock=Omega "The Last"]Omega, level 3
Warforged, Warden
Guardian Might: Earthstrength

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 18, Con 16, Dex 13, Int 8, Wis 14, Cha 10.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 14, Dex 13, Int 8, Wis 14, Cha 10.

AC: 19 Fort: 16 Reflex: 14 Will: 15
HP: 47 Surges: 12 Surge Value: 11

TRAINED SKILLS
Nature +8, Athletics +7, Endurance +8, Perception +8

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics -1, Arcana, Bluff +1, Diplomacy +1, Dungeoneering +3, Heal +3, History, Insight +3, Intimidate +3, Religion, Stealth -1, Streetwise +1, Thievery -1

FEATS
Level 1: Crippling Crush
Level 2: Weapon Expertise (Hammer)

POWERS
Warden at-will 1: Weight of Earth
Warden at-will 1: Strength of Stone
Warden encounter 1: Roots of Stone
Warden daily 1: Form of Mountain's Thunder
Warden utility 2: Eyes of the Hawk
Warden encounter 3: Rough Strike

ITEMS
Warhammer, Heavy Shield, Hide Armor
[/sblock]

[sblock=Descripton]Omega is a broad, hulking, brutish-looking thing fashioned from roughly hewn slabs of obsidian bound together with some kind of tough, woody fiberous material that permits flexibility of joints, neck and midsection. Its head is a slighly asymetrical chevron shape, with only a pair of lights burning within the obsidian to show where its eyes are. It lacks other facial features entirely, though it has no trouble speaking, smelling or hearing.

Interspersed at various intervals around Omega's vaguely humanoid body are indentations and grooves carved carefully into the obsidian. The purpose of these ornamentations is as yet unknown.[/sblock]

[Sblock=Background]The first thing I remember is the face of a man. I would call him middle-aged, based on my observations of the human aging process. He wore spectacles. He had a mustache, but not a beard. He expressed significant happiness and satisfaction when he realized I was awake.

..working on it...[/sblock]

Last edited:

Cool sheet, Shayuri. I'll still need a bit of fluff to consider Omega for selection, so I hope you can get that in on time. Remember, deadline is 5pm Eastern / 4pm Central (US).

Hi all, recruiting is officially closed!

It was hard to narrow it down to four, but I've made my selections, based upon the criteria of who will be an effective team member and the depth of the character's backstory.

That said, here are the competitors.

Vertexx69 - Ja'Cart, Thri-Kreen Monk
WalkingDad - Jalaan, Tiefling Psion
Voda Vosa - Muzdum Firebelly, Dwarf Fighter
Stonegod - Daran, Half-Elf Ardent/Battlemind

Last edited:

Remove ads