A Simple Errand (DM:renau1g, Judge: covaithe)

renau1g

First Post
After a few tense moments Ingot manages to revive Jax, who had successfully fought off the poison after hanging at the brink of death.

Kalidrev

First Post
Crag had watched worriedly while Ingot was performing his healing arts on the kobold. Seeing the Kobold expel the gas from his body and then slowly begin to recover allowed him to hold his head up high. He would never be able to forgive himself if he allowed someone to kill his friends.

"I am sorry that I let that dragon slip past me, Jax. I will try to do better in the future."

Walking over to the dragon that nearly killed Jax, Crag holds his longsword up high, letting the light glint off of it for a moment before bringing it down upon the dead dragon's neck with a shout, separating its' head from its' body.

Reklaw

First Post
Rrek works over the two dragons, carefully slicing their nether regions from their body and bundling them in cloth before placing them in a sealed bag in his pack.

Dekana

Explorer
Still sitting for the moment, Jax watches as Crag decapitates the dragon corpse. He says incredulously, "Sorry? But... that was GREAT!" Jax hops to his feet apparently no worse for the wear.

"I have never met a dragon before. Their scales were so hard, so perfect! Did you see how they hovered before the attack? And they even breathed poison on me! Twice! I feel so honored!" Jax slowly walks to the decapitated dragon and then starts poking at its scales with his claws. "Heehee, where is your hoard, Mr. Dragon..."

ryryguy

First Post
Ingot stands as well, its eyes glowing a mellow, cherry red color. "Well Dorn, Crag - it almost seems as if our fates are intertwined with dragons, doesn't it? First Rigas and Ershaz, and now these. Shall we call ourselves the Wyrmling Slayers, would that be premature?"

The warforged turns towards the slightly mutilated dragon carcasses. "Or... perhaps it isn't fate? Were these dragons mere opportunists, or might they have been sent to intercept us? Others might be interested in this staff, or seek to prevent us from reaching the sorcerer's resting place for other reasons presently unknown to us.

"Unfortunately we have no way of knowing for sure - unless anyone noticed anything? In any case, I'd be interested in trying to skin these dragon hides. Dragon scales are prized materials for armor making and other crafts. But I have no expertise at skinning, and I fear I'd ruin them. I don't suppose any of you are skilled at such work?"
Ingot asks hopefully.

ooc: Not looking for treasure here, this is basically fluff. Ingot is interested in making stuff. Although, I think it'd be great if Ingot could somehow craft somebody's parcel treasure out of dragon skin! (If that's kosher without knowing the rituals and all.)

Ingot looks back Dorn, clattering its fingers against its palms making a soft "rat-tat-tat" noise. "Actually, Dorn, I'm surprised that your last lightning strike didn't blow that dragon's hide clear off its bones! What a powerful blast!"

"Well, for now we should rest up a bit and recover. I can call on Vulkar's aid to speed our healing, but it will delay us a bit..."

ooc: Not sure how to handle the repeat rest healing, should we just start making rolls until satisfied, then tally the time taken? (Healing Word gives surge + 1d6+3.) How much farther until our destination anyhow, would it make more sense just to camp?

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
You're probably getting closer to the destination, although with the shifty nature of the Isles its sometimes hard to know exactly. This likely isn't a safe place to camp.
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
So....ready to continue? I know it's turkeyweek in the states, just want to keep momentum going to your destination?
[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]I think we should take the short rests needed until we're back to tip top shape, but otherwise yes. Let's keep going.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
You continue along the path that Crag is leading you on and the dense forest becomes less thick and becomes easier to travel on. You enter the mountains along an old goat's trail that provides a winding path through the area. Following it over the crest of one of the smaller mountains you enter a rather barren looking valley that is moderately large. The valley is about a mile long and several hundred feet deeper than the surrounding range. It looks like there was once a forest here, but it's been destroyed by a large fire recently and the area is more like a wasteland.

The barren stretch of valley before you suddenly becomes a chaotic jumble of shattered masonry. In the center of the mess, on a low hill, stands the ruined foundation of a keep or tower. Only the lower section and a few walls still stand; however, enough remains intact to cast ominous shadows that could hide nearly anything. There is a chill wind coming down from the mountain and it blows loudly across the area.

[sblock=ooc]
If you like just roll the 1d6+3 when you spend a surge to save Ingot time and link the roll.

You've arrived! There are a few spots where the walls have crumbled, but for the most part they're standing. A set of double wooden doors still remain on the entrance, although one of them lies open, swinging back and forth slowly in the wind.
[/sblock]

Remove ads