• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Simple Errand (DM:renau1g, Judge: covaithe)

Kalidrev

First Post
Crag sees the tiny kobold dash after the croaking creature before him, and somehow the little beastie is startled enough to retreat around a wall.

"Watch your back, Jax! You got incoming right behind you!"

Crag tramples the soggy floor and rubble, swinging his sword above Jax head and into the rubbery hide of the muck dweller. The enchanted blade slices cleanly through the creature and leaves the creature bleeding and gasping it's last breath. Some of the mud from the pools all around converge on Crag, creating a viscous brown barrier against the impending assault of frog creatures.

"Ugggh! Terra, this stuff smells awful. I suppose I shouldn't complain, though, you've always done good by me! Come little frog men, let's see what you can do with those little pointy sticks of yours!"

Crag stands in the doorway to the next ruined room, ensuring that no creatures could come out that way and attack his little reptilian friend.

[sblock=Actions]
- Move: Crag moves NW, N, N (total of 5 squares of movement)
- Standard: Crag uses Strength of Earth on the Croaker next to Jax and hits AC 25 (damage doesn't matter, as the creature is a minion and therefore is now very dead ;p)
-Minor: Turns to face the room to the west and taunts the other Bullywugs
-Free: Marks the Twitcher that Jax attacked
[/sblock]
[sblock=Crag's Stats] Crag - Warforged Warden 2
Passive Perception 16, Passive Insight 11
AC 21, Fort 17, Reflex 13, Will 13
HP 49/49 + 5 THP, Bloodied 24, Surge Value 12, Surges 14/14
Speed 6, Initiative +1
Action Points: 1, Second Wind
At-Will Powers: Warden's Fury, Warden's Grasp, Strength of Stone, Thorn Strike

Encounter Powers: Hungry Earth, Warforged Resolve
Daily Powers: Form of the Winter's Herald (Form of the Winter's Herald Attack)

Note on Warden's Fury and Warden's Grasp:

Warden's Fury gives me a free attack against any of my marked foes adjacent to me that attack any of my allies (as an Immediate Interupt). If it hits, it does my normal basic attack damage, but it also makes the target grant combat advantage until the end of my next turn.

Warden's Grasp lets me slide any of my marked foes within 5 squares of me that attack any of my allies. The slide is one square and it also slows them and doesn't allow them to shift until the end of it's turn (this is an Immediate Reaction). [/sblock]

[sblock=Rrek] If you were to move up as close as you could to Jax and then replace my mark on the Twitcher with your Aegis... that would put that sucker in a REALLY tough spot... Either attack Crag with his +5 temp HP, dealing damage minus your Aegis and getting a -2 to attack on top of that... or waste his turn trying to get AROUND the other wall to get to you. It's a real lose-lose situation for that sucker ;) [/sblock]

Last edited:

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=Healing]Ingot used 2 surges, now has 6/9.[/sblock]

[sblock=Ingot stat block]Ingot- Neuter Warforged Cleric 2
Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 14
AC:19, Fort:15, Reflex:12, Will:17 -- Speed:5
HP:32/32, Bloodied:16, Surge Value:8, Surges left:6/9
Initiative -1
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: Not Used
Powers: Sacred Flame, Righteous Brand, Healing Word(x2), Healing Strike, Avenging Flame, Armor of Faith, Channel Divinity (Divine Fortune/Turn Undead), [Warforged Resolve
[/sblock]

Reklaw

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Sorry about the delay, and I spent one healing surge during the last combat round, that counts too right?

Invis castle is down so didn't roll but my healing surge value of 8 plus the min 1d6+3 value of 4 is enough to bring me back to full health
[/sblock]

Rrek unleashes a curse, his sword at the ready as he moves into a defensive position to the left of Crag.

Wrapping lightning about his arm he swings his blade in a sweeping motion aimed at the Twitch's head, as the blade swings through the air thunder rumbles in its path.

The blow comes close to the Twitch and the rumbling thunder shakes the twitch slightly but no damage seems to be done.

Pulling back into a defensive stance Rrek mutters an arcane word of power and makes a strange, slightly obsence gesture with his free hand.

"Sons of Chaos this place does smell awful, let's clear our way out of here before the smell overwhelms us..."
[sblock=Actions]
Move N, NW, NW, NW, N, NE, believe that works? Leaves me SW of Twitch
Attack of 14 with Booming Blade misses
Aegis of Shielding on Twitch
[/sblock]

[sblock=Wow...]And I meant NE but said NW pre-edit... long night with a client holiday party, sorry folks! This should work[/sblock]

Last edited:

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=Rrek] If you meant NE, N, N, N, NE, N, then that WOULD put you SE of where the Twitch USED to be. NW puts you direcly below a wall (since you were placed on the steps outside. HOWEVER: Even if you do move NE, N, N, N, NE, N, the Twitch is no longer there (See Jax post). Jax is just south of where the Twitch used to be, Crag is one square south of where the Croaker used to be (it's dead now, see Crag's post) and is blocking the small doorway to his west. The Twitch is now NW of Crag, behind the wall.

Because of this, your actions are invalid, and you may want to edit your post :p [/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Seeing that the bullywugs are not immediately ready for combat, Jax says,

"Crag, you were right. There is an ambush, but it is a very poor one!"

Heedless of the danger, Jax takes the initiative and runs straight at the frogmen before him. He slams his dagger into the tougher looking of the amphibian pair and then, after menacingly raising his blade above his head, chases his target away into a side room. "Yaaahrr! Shoo, shoo!"

Crag sees the tiny kobold dash after the croaking creature before him, and somehow the little beastie is startled enough to retreat around a wall.

"Watch your back, Jax! You got incoming right behind you!"

Crag tramples the soggy floor and rubble, swinging his sword above Jax head and into the rubbery hide of the muck dweller. The enchanted blade slices cleanly through the creature and leaves the creature bleeding and gasping it's last breath. Some of the mud from the pools all around converge on Crag, creating a viscous brown barrier against the impending assault of frog creatures.

"Ugggh! Terra, this stuff smells awful. I suppose I shouldn't complain, though, you've always done good by me! Come little frog men, let's see what you can do with those little pointy sticks of yours!"

Crag stands in the doorway to the next ruined room, ensuring that no creatures could come out that way and attack his little reptilian friend.

Rrek unleashes a curse, his sword at the ready as he moves into a defensive position to the left of Crag.

Wrapping lightning about his arm he swings his blade in a sweeping motion aimed at the Twitch's head, as the blade swings through the air thunder rumbles in its path.

The blow comes close to the Twitch and the rumbling thunder shakes the twitch slightly but no damage seems to be done.

Pulling back into a defensive stance Rrek mutters an arcane word of power and makes a strange, slightly obsence gesture with his free hand.

From a trap door in the north-east corner of the room, come four more frog-men, 2 armed with spears, the other 2 with javelins.

The larger bullywug closest to Rrek charges the githyanki, but with a lightning quick sidestep, Rrek sends the creature onto its back.

The smaller bullywug, who Rrek gestured to, quickly hops past him and stabs at the gith with his javelin, but Rrek easily parries the clumsy blow.

A pair of the smallest creatures move next to Crag, dodging a blow from Rrek, and next to Jax. They open their mouths and a blackish ichor flows from their mouths onto the two. Jax fights off some of the poison, but Crag is covered in it.

Another javelin wielder throws his ammunition at Crag and another minor blow affects the large warforged. A large foe charges at Jax from across the rubble and slams its shoulder into the kobold leaving him on the ground, with the wind knocked out of him and the taste of his own blood in his mouth.

[sblock=Enemies]
Bullywug Croakers - Rancid Air (Poison) aura 2; each enemy that spends a healing surge within the aura is weakened until the end of its next turn.
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion.
AC 14; Fortitude 12, Reflex 14, Will 1

Bullywug Muckers - Rancid Air (Poison) aura 2; each enemy that spends a healing surge within the aura is weakened until the end of its next turn.
HP 34; Bloodied 17
AC 12; Fortitude 12, Reflex 12, Will 10

Bullywug Twitcher - Rancid Air (Poison) aura 2; each enemy that spends a healing surge within the aura is weakened until the end of its next turn.
HP 34; Bloodied 17
AC 16; Fortitude 13, Reflex 14, Will 13
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
*IC is back up
Mucker charges Rrek - vs Fort; dng (1d20 5=7, 2d6 4=14) nope.
Twitch uses Spasmadic Hop - shifting 4 squares and attacking Rrek - vs ac; dmg (1d20 7=12, 2d6 3=8) missing (removes the mark condition though)
Rrek - OA - vs ac; dmg (OA) (1d20 3=12, 1d8=5) on croak as it moves by.
Croak 78 uses foul croak - vs fort (first vs crag, second against Jax) (1d20 4=19, 1d20 4=11) hits both of you for 4 poison
Croak 54 comes from around the corner (it was in L12 at the start) and moves next to Jax - uses Foul Croak - vs fort (first vs crag, second against Jax) (1d20 4=19, 1d20 4=8) hits crag again, but misses Jax
Twitch 47 throws a javelin at Crag - vs ac; dmg (1d20 6=24, 1d6 3=4, 1d20 6=13, 1d6 3=7)(ignore the second rolls) and hits for 4 damage
Mucker 55 - moves and charges Jax - vs fort; dmg (1d20 5=16, 2d6 4=10) hits for 10 damage and knocked prone

Jax - 20 - 10/24 - 2/7 - bloodied, prone
Crag - 17 - 42/49 - 14/14
Rrek - 15 - 33/33 - 9/12 -
Bad Guys
Dorn - 11 - 27/27 - 4/6 <- you're up
Ingot - 9 -32/32 - 6/9 -
[/sblock]

Last edited:

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=rubble]It's marked on the map with the little triangle indicating difficult terrain.[/sblock]

[sblock=status]Jax, should I go ahead and heal you? It will weaken you due to the bullywugs' auras. (Though I'm not sure if we're supposed to know about that aura in character.)

Also, I could use Armor of Faith to give Jax a +4 bonus to Fort defense until end of encounter. But that might be jumping the gun - it is a daily. Still, I bet there will be plenty of poison attacks yet to come.[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
[sblock=ryryguy]It depends on what the rest of the party does. Weakened doesn't matter very much if my target is a minion, so I'm not worried. I'll need healing eventually though, whether it's now or at the end of the fight.

I was kinda depending on one of our defenders to block the northern entrance, but that didn't happen, so now I'm prone, bloodied, and have two enemies next to me, heh. Still, Jax is good at escaping. I'll wait to see the actions of our defenders before I do anything.[/sblock]

Remove ads