A Simple Errand (DM:renau1g, Judge: covaithe)

Dekana

Explorer
[sblock=Ingot]I'm away from books at the moment, or I would have looked up the skills, heh. Wouldn't I not have the chance to use Heal since I take the damage at the beginning of my turn? EDIT: oops, I read that too fast. Ingot would use Heal; that makes more sense.

I wouldn't consider it metagaming if you grant either Jax or Dorn a save; you know they're going to start dying from the poison, so it makes sense to sacred flame. And you're before me in initiative anyway. /shrug[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Ingot can choose to activate either Heal or sacred flame, but the saving roll for Jax would be the same. No worries about meta-gaming, it's pbp so it happens. If I was super concerned over it I wouldn't post monster stats either.
[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=OOC Fire & Ice Guys]
So you gotta name yourselves the Wyrmling Slayers or something. Ershahz was a reskinned red dragon wymrling, you've got a green downed now as well. That officially puts you over the crew from my first adventure who killed the black wyrmling.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Wyrmling Slayers?]Yeah we've definitely got a dragonling theme going! :)

However, we didn't slay Ershahz, we saved him. Wyrmling Saver and Slayers doesn't have a good ring to it... The Wyrmling Saviors? As in, we were the savior for a wyrmling and also saved ourselves from wyrmlings?[/sblock]
[sblock=Ingot]I'm away from books at the moment, or I would have looked up the skills, heh. Wouldn't I not have the chance to use Heal since I take the damage at the beginning of my turn? EDIT: oops, I read that too fast. Ingot would use Heal; that makes more sense.

I wouldn't consider it metagaming if you grant either Jax or Dorn a save; you know they're going to start dying from the poison, so it makes sense to sacred flame. And you're before me in initiative anyway. /shrug[/sblock]
[sblock=Jax]Ok, I wanted to attack this round anyhow, and not let that fat +1 bonus from the veteran armor go to waste! ;) So I'll try to use Sacred Flame to help Dorn. He's the only one I haven't helped yet! Just under a 50% chance to hit I think, so...[/sblock]
Ingot's eyes flare as the first dragon falls to Dorn's lightning. "Excellent shot, Dorn!" it calls out. But the triumph is short lived as the other dragon swoops in and again bathes them in caustic fumes. Ingot is able to shield itself this time, but the poison from the first dragon still burns. In response, it calls on its innate warforged resilience. Some of the split hoses mend back together, but the priest is still sorely wounded.

Ingot again falls back, still slowed by the poison, but it only takes a few steps into the brush, out of the dragon's reach. Its holy symbol again emits flame, and again it strikes true, burning the dragon's snout. This time the back scatter of cleansing radiance splashes Dorn.

Emboldened by its success, Ingot finally throws off the effect of the poison, though its joints are still stiffened from lost lubricant. "Don't worry, Crag! We can hold our own until you get here... but don't tarry!" The warforged looks down at the kobold's fallen form. Hang on, Ingot thinks. I will repair you as soon as I can...

[sblock=Actions]Start of Turn:Take ongoing 5 damage; current HP now 8.
Minor: Warforged Resolve, heals 4 HP (now 12), grants 12 HP. Ooh, and also grants an immediate save vs. an ongoing damage effect! Saving Throw from Warforged Resolve (1d20+2=8) Gaah. You'd think with that +2 I'd have made it by now...
Move: Shift to K17. (Although does this give the dragon concealment from Ingot? If so, shift to M17 instead.)
Standard: Sacred Flame vs. Dragon (Reflex) (1d20+4+1=24, 1d6+3=9) Hoorah, Max damage again! Dorn can make an immediate saving throw.
End of Turn: Saving Throw (this time it's personal) (1d20+2=14) Hoorah! Ingot is now just slowed, from the aftereffect.[/sblock]
[sblock=Dorn]If you missed it above, Ingot granted you a saving throw... good luck![/sblock]
[sblock=Ingot stat block]Ingot- Neuter Warforged Cleric 2
Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 14
AC:19, Fort:15, Reflex:12, Will:17 -- Speed:5
HP:12/32 + 4 THP, Bloodied:16, Surge Value:8, Surges left:8/9
Initiative -1
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: Not Used
Powers: Sacred Flame, Righteous Brand, Healing Word(x2), Healing Strike, Avenging Flame, Armor of Faith, Channel Divinity (Divine Fortune/Turn Undead), Warforged Resolve
[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
Dorn feels as if he is about to pass out, but Ingot's divine aid spares him at the last possible moment (OOC: Save made a 10. YES! Ingot FTW!.). Dorn is momentarily paralyzed with fear as he realizes Jax is down, but that will have to wait.

"EAT THIS, YOU, YOU, .... DRAGON!" An astonishingly powerful blast of lightning bursts forth, sending the dragon crashing to the ground on its back (OOC: Lightning Strike CRIT!. (I hit enter on IC before all modifiers were added and text, but no matter :)). With furious assault (also maxed out I believe) that's 17 + 8 = 25 lightning damage. From class feature the crit also means dragon is knocked prone and slid one square (I'll pass on the slide for now).

Dorn quickly steps out of the way (OOC: S then SW), hoping his allies can finish off the beast quickly so they can attend to Jax. (OOC: Save vs slowed FAIL).

[sblock=Dorn Stat Block]
Dorn, Half-Orc Sorcerer 2
Passive Perception 10, Passive Insight 10
AC 17, Fort 12, Reflex 15, Will 17 (base defenses)
HP 3/27 Bloodied 13 Surge Value 6, Surges 6/6
Speed 6, Initiative +5
Action Points: 0

Current Effects
Wild Soul: Psychic (resist 5, ignore 5 enemy resistance)
+1 AC from even roll
bloodied
holding potion (and dagger, of course)
slowed (se)

Encounter Resources
Bedeviling Burst
USED Furious Assault
USED Half-Orc Resilience
Second Wind
USED Use Action Point

Daily Resources
Ice Javelins
Deep Shroud
Deathstalker Dagger

1x potion of healing
[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=Blammo!]Somebody double check my math, but I think that takes the dragon down to zero! 9 from Ingot + 25 from Dorn = 34, which is what the dragon had, right?

Of course Crag "loosened" it for us. :D[/sblock]

Reklaw

First Post
Rrek avoids the dragon's caustic breath and moves around behind the dragon, once again drawing magical energy into his sword.

A bolt of lightning jumps from his outstretched hand to wrap around his sword and then the lightning snaps out like a whip, wrapping around the dragon and dragging him towards Rrek.

The lightning wraps tightly about the dragons torso, leaving blackened scales and burned flesh as it dissapates, leaving the dragon lying at Rrek's feet.

Rrek looks down at the dragon with a grim smile, "Now who's vulnerable, wyrmling?"

[sblock=Actions]
Move to M22
Lightning lure attack - [18,5] = (23)
Lightning lure damage - [6,5] = (11)
Pulling the dragon to M23
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Whoops, well if he wasn't dead he is now, right? Sorry, thats what happens when your posts at work get interrupted by work:p[/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=Etu, Ingus?] *sigh* All the work... none of the glory. Ah well. My only job is to make sure that you guys are safe...but I'm not doing very well at that, am I? I love how resilient my warforged is, but he's just not "sticky"... No matter, I guess, since we survived, but I just don't get that feeling of being a defender. Ultimate Survivor, yes; Ultimate Defender... not by a long shot, lol. Warden's Fury and Warden's Grasp are kinda worthless when I can't keep the badguys near me... blargh!! [/sblock]

Reklaw

First Post
[sblock=Warden]I kind of like the winter's herald form for the difficult terrain it forms around you, I think you have some other skills that do that also. Kind of hard to use against flying creatures though. That's one of the reasons I went with a swordmage defender was for the ability to move quickly to the monsters and move them.[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=Crag]Well, no one is as sticky as a fighter... the warden seems more sticky than a paladin, at least. We got spread out this time, which kept your special warden reactive powers from triggering. Also, the mark still helps, it should have given a -2 on the second dragon breath attack (I'm not sure if renau1g remembered that though, lol).

Finally keeping that dragon occupied for two rounds was important, keeping it from double teaming the squishies![/sblock]

Remove ads