A Simple Job (Erekose13 Judging)

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Ahki sets down his tools to look over the others who would be joining the caravan guard. "I am Ahki, of the House Orien. There are many inside but few will come. There are few beasts on the road to Wroat and bandits would be fools to attack this close to the cities. It will be a boring journey, but at least it will take us out of the city for a change."

Ahki looks at the lizardfolk in obvious surprise when it appears seemingly from nowhere and speaks. "The employers have yet to show, but it is only a matter of time." Or a waste of time he thinks to himself.

Velmont

First Post
"Welcome." tells a man waiting since the start silently here. "My name is Benedict Reynold. I've been on a previous run for him so he offered me to come back." The man is sitting deeply into his chair He wears a chainshirt that show some sign of use. Around his shoulder is a long chain with two handles. In his back is a large and strong composite bow. He obviously doesn't seem on his first duty.

What might be surprising, it is that while he was waiting, he was drawing on a parchemin. He seems to recreate on it the picture of a caravan that was attacked. What looks like teh bandits are feeling and two men are standing side by side, on with his chain, the other with his sword, and many bandits dead at there feet. He has put his unfinished work on the table.

"The price seems fine with me, if it include that we have the choice to keep the equipement or body part of who or whatever that is attacking the caravan."

[SBLOCk=OOC]I've allowed myself a bit fo explanation of why he is here and never shown up at the Inn.[/SBLOCK]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Animus said:
"Um, 500 galifars, half now, half when I get to Wroat and set up," Hubble says uneasily. "You definitely look the part, doesn't he Swift?" Hubble asks his warforged bodyguard, who just nods.
"Your coin will sufficcce. Do you need a mark for agreement?"

SelcSilverhand said:
Ahki looks at the lizardfolk in obvious surprise when it appears seemingly from nowhere and speaks. "The employers have yet to show, but it is only a matter of time."
The lizardfolk says nothing, just hunkers done. The stiller it is, the harder it is to see, its skin's chameleon texture hard at work.

DrZombie

First Post
"Six guards on a simple trip, master Gnome. You do not like to take chances, it appears." the young human says. He looks at his future traveling companions with a blank face, showing little of his feelings.

D.Shaffer

First Post
Calren studied the new lizardfolk arrival and patted Ghostsnout on the head. He whispered to his mount (In halfling) "Hey look, I think one of your cousins just joined us. Looking at how small he is, he must have been the runt of the clutch. Not as big and strong as you are, is he?" Calren studied the rest of his future companions, but kept returning to the lizardfolk. "Want to go say hi, Ghostsnout?"

Calren guided his mount closer to the lizardfolk, watching from his place high on the saddle to ensure nothing too unexpected happened, but interested in seeing the reaction between the two. He leaned foward, resting his arms on his clawfoot's head, and studied the newcomer while letting the clawfoot smell him out.

Animus

Explorer
Box Text said:
"Good morning," the gnome Hubble says as he meets you in front of the Tower's Shard. "I am glad that everyone has shown up. I trust that you have prepared well and had a good night's sleep?

"Now that I have everyone together, I want to thank you for accepting my job. If luck is with us, this should be boring for you. But as luck hasn't been with me of late, I'm sure you will have something to do."

[sblock=Administrative stuff]
I use Invisible Castle for dice rolling, and you will too :). When you use Invisible Castle, please use you PC's name as the label.

If you use Action Points, please state the situation in which you would use it in your posts.
[/sblock]

Animus

Explorer
DrZombie said:
"Six guards on a simple trip, master Gnome. You do not like to take chances, it appears." the young human says. He looks at his future traveling companions with a blank face, showing little of his feelings.

"I'm not a gambler," the gnome replies to theat statement.

Animus

Explorer
Velmont said:
"The price seems fine with me, if it include that we have the choice to keep the equipement or body part of who or whatever that is attacking the caravan."

"Welcome back," Hubble says. "And of course, if there is equipment to be collected from would be assailants, it's all for you guards. Spoils of war, and all that."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
D.Shaffer said:
Calren studied the new lizardfolk arrival and patted Ghostsnout on the head. He whispered to his mount (In halfling) "Hey look, I think one of your cousins just joined us. Looking at how small he is, he must have been the runt of the clutch. Not as big and strong as you are, is he?" Calren studied the rest of his future companions, but kept returning to the lizardfolk. "Want to go say hi, Ghostsnout?"
The lizardfolk looks and hisses at the halfling's comments, its eye's fierce. As tribesman approached, its mouth opened into something like a frown. In Halfling: <I am no animal of burden. And I am no runt. Bessst not call me that again. I am Poison Dusk, hunter and guide. Bessst remember.>

D.Shaffer

First Post
Calren gave Ghostsnout a warning tap as the lizardfolk hissed at them. "Would you look at that, Ghostsnout? He actually speaks a decent language. That already puts him several rungs up the social ladder over you, doesnt it?" Calren smiled at the Lizardfolk, "Now now, I do not believe I ever called you a beast of burden. I called you a cousin. That's not an insult. Implying my friend here is a beast of burden? That's an insult, but I dont think he minds that much. So, since 'Runt' has you in such a tizzy, is there any prefered means of addressing you? I doubt you'd appreciate me calling you 'Scaley one smaller then Ghostsnout' this entire trip."

"In any case, I think we're about ready to leave." Switching back to common he shouted a question at the gnome. "Are you paying for breakfast?"

Remove ads