A Sojourn in Sairundan Part 2 [Judge: Manzanita]

Trouvere

Explorer
OOC: actually, we encountered the lamia on day 67, and we spotted Helatia on the horizon on day 113! A lot of time went by without incident in this post. We'd have identified the ring on day 68, I suppose. The ring takes a week to kick in.

Solange

First Post
Trouvere said:
OOC: or just say that Cludge couldn't bring himself to give up eating!
OOC: No, I only calculated for a week after the Lamia.

45 days... 38 days for Cludge... 4*45+7*.5=93.5 gold, and 177 lbs. You guys are pigs :p

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Solange said:
OOC: No, I only calculated for a week after the Lamia.

45 days... 38 days for Cludge... 4*45+38*.5=109 gold, and 208 lbs. You guys are pigs :p
(OOC: Wouldn't it be 45 days for everyone else and 7 days for Cludge?)

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Hayder ushers you all into his house, Rafiq and Amin bounce playfully around Shadya, and you all move through the entryway to a cozy, central room. The room is dominated by a low table with large, plush seat cushions. The walls, instead of being covered with paintings and tapestries, are accented with colored glass and a stone bas-relief. A few windows provide a view of the outside. Hayder does not have a courtyard of his own, but he does share a small outside space with his neighbors. The space has a couple of palm trees and a few desert scrub bushes, but other than that, it is sand. A young Sairundan man standing outside staring at the sky notices the commotion coming from the children and turns around.

He also has Hayder's eyes. His expression is one of dire seriousness, but when he notices Shadya, a tiny hint of a grin is barely perceptible at the corners of his mouth. He unfolds his arms and walks inside, bowing to his father and his sister first, then to the other newcomers. "I am Rais ai Hayder, Dervish initiate."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I see you, Rais ai Hayder, Dervish Initiate. I am Lasair Alant."

'They have strange naming conventions here. The daughters have a given name and the father's name, and the son's have both and then their warrior society, and that makes sense, but then somehow Hayder has lost those two parts of his name. Maybe he is not in a warrior society and when you marry in this culture you lose the filial appelation? It would be rude to ask. Truly Westerners are strange.'

Phoenix8008

First Post
Nodding at the latest entry into the conversation, Kurgahz says "Greetings. I'm Kurgahz Vuultan. Nice ta meet'cha."

'And here I was hoping that reaching the city meant we'd be getting out of the sand finally. Guess I was wrong. Not the first time and surely not the last.' the half-orc thinks to himself.

Remove ads