A Sojourn in Sairundan Part 2 [Judge: Manzanita]

Trouvere

Explorer
"Sorcery?" Conuld snorts, more upset by this misreading of the situation. "If I am to continue contact with the two who understood, then I must follow before they move beyond the range of the spell. Or we may assist Shadya to the side of her loved ones?"[sblock=Whispering]"I am a wizard, and the guest of Hayder ai Hurakan and his son Rais, and friend of his daughter Shadya. Follow, and be careful! I will help as soon as I may."[/sblock]OOC: Initiative 1d20+6=9

Rystil Arden

First Post
Phoenix8008 said:
OOC: Kurgahz init (1d20+0=19)

"Things're gettin tense here. What should we do folks?" Kurgahz asks.
(OOC: Init 14)

"We could search the crowd for the poisoner, check out the man who decried Conuld's spell hoping he was a conspirator, chase the cloaked figure, or stay and help Shadya. I am not tied to any of these choices off the bat."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
As the group stands there, trapped in indecision, the fleeing cloaked man only gets further away, and Conuld can feel the magical link slipping as the distance between him and the chasers grows greater. Some semblance of order is emerging from the chaos below, a ring has been cleared around the fallen dervishes by the guards, and a few healers have been allowed access to the center to attend to the poisoned ones. The crowd is loud and confused, not everybody can see what's going on, but people look more angry than frightened.

The man screaming "Sorcery!" is getting very little attention, and it seems that nobody else has noticed the cloaked man fleeing.

Shadya, on the other hand, looks horrified. She stands, motionless and speechless, staring at the center of the Pavilion. You'll get no proposed courses of action from her, but you bet that she'll follow along whatever plan you decide on.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Lasair will not take action without a direct proposal / approval from Shadya because she doesn't want to cause issues as Shadya's guest by doing something rash without Shadya's permission.)

Trouvere

Explorer
"Shadya, the healers will do more than we can for your father and brother, and the others. If we could control the movement of the crowd, we might search for the poisoner. The guards should be told to prevent others from leaving. But I have sent two strangers into possible danger and promised to assist them. I must follow on their heels," says Conuld. He begins making his way through the crowd.
[sblock=Spells prepared](0) Message; Light; Ray of Frost; Ghost Sound (DC 14); Prestidigitation
(1) Enlarge Person (DC 14); Comprehend Languages; Color Spray (DC 15); Silent Image (DC 15)
(2) Cat's Grace; extended Mage Armor; Scorching Ray
[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
"I'll go with ya Conuld." Kurgahz says as they move to follow the cloaked man. "Better than standing here like spooked cattle."

OOC: Kurgahz will move at whatever speed is needed up to his top speed of 60' running.

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist, Fighter 3 (HP:34 AC:15)

Cludge looks up with grim determination as Conuld heads into the crowd.
Lemme see what I can do ta get us through this faster, he grunts. Clearing his throat he steps up beside Conuld, holding his greatsword in a guard position.
MAKE WAY THERE, MAKE WAY! he bellows at the top of his lungs. [CLEAR A LANE, WE'RE AFTER THA BLAGGARDS WHAT DID THIS!

Cludge intimidate roll: 11

OOC: Not so good. He will try again if he can.

Remove ads