A Sojourn in Sairundan Part 2 [Judge: Manzanita]

Trouvere

Explorer
[sblock=K,C,C]Conuld nods. "I am sorry if I startled you; you reacted admirably," he says to the locals. "Now, let us find this man. Is it better for you two to hunt him in the dark, or should I make some light for the rest of us?" he asks his night-sighted companions.[sblock=OOC]K, C... the rest of the adventuring party must earn the name 'the Sunshine Band', then, I think.[/sblock][/sblock]

Solange

First Post
Shadya heads towards the man Lasair points out, with Lasair. Dancing and dodging thought he crowd.

OOC: Not sure if any skills will help her move though the crowd faster, but Shadya has a +11 Tumble, +7 Balance, and +6 Dance.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
[sblock=K, C, and C: ]The men nod at Conuld's words, but remain silent.

OOC: Actions?[/sblock]

[sblock=L and S: ]Round 2: (150' between the man and you, 90' of that is dense crowd)

Lasair, Shadya, and Meliana pursue the fleeing man to the best of their abilities. Lasair is the slowest: hindered by the crowd, she can only move a quarter as fast as the man, who is running now. (Moved 30'. Lasair is now 60' from the edge of the crowd and 120' from the man.)

Shadya manages to use her dexterity and flexibility to twist and turn around the dense packing of people. Even so, she only manages to move at full speed, she cannot run. (Tumbled 60'. Shadya is now 30' from the edge of the crowd and 90' from the man.)

Meliana on the other hand skimpers like a tiny crystalline cheetah through the forest of legs. She breaks free of the crowd and can easily keep pace with the man. (Ran 120'. Meliana is now 30' beyond the edge of the crowd and 30' from the man.)

The man disappears from sight for all but (possibly, see below) Meliana, turning into a broad side street, 180' from the crowd.[/sblock]

OOC: Before I continue, I need to clarify the rules on sight and chasing. Meliana is sighted and can perceive anything within 40', regardless of lighting. But if she's moving at full run speed (120') after somebody moving at full run speed (120') and is currently trailing 30' behind, she can't follow him on her own because the way combat works, the quarry is 150' away at one point. Unless somebody sees for her, she can't pursue, right? Or should I make an exception, since this is a chase, so theoretically she should always be 30' behind him, regardless of the way combat supposedly works. What do you all think is fair?

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC Chasing] That's a good point--since she can't rely on her link with Lasair if Lasair is left behind, I could see you calling it either way. I got mixed up with Zaeryl for a moment and thought Meliana could Fly at speed 50 ft, but she can't. Pity that the enemy was already past the crowd--I had thought we would have time before he ran full speed, especially if he didn't notice the pursuit.

However, even if we do use round-by-round, if the enemy chooses the run action, he must move in a completely straight line--he has no other choice. So Meliana can see which way he's going and follow that way. And if he doesn't take the run action, hopefully Shadya will catch him.[/SBLOCK]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: Part of the reason that you noticed him at all (and got another spot check) is because he was leaving the crowd. Good point on the straight line, I'll try to sketch out the map in my head to make sure he's following all the rules.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
OOC: Part of the reason that you noticed him at all (and got another spot check) is because he was leaving the crowd. Good point on the straight line, I'll try to sketch out the map in my head to make sure he's following all the rules.
(OOC: Ah yes, that makes sense. Good call)

Solange

First Post
OOC: That does make sense. Once Shadya clears the crowd, things might be better, but untill then, the little crystal should be able to run behind if she sees the direction. She'll continue to move as fast as possable.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Kurgahz nods to the others. He moves into the dark alley to search for the person they were chasing. He hefts his greatclub up to rest on his shoulder while he scans the darkness ahead of them. He makes sure to look up as well in case the person might have climbed up something.

OOC: Do we need Search or Spot checks?

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: Search checks if you're actively searching, yes. I'll make your spot checks for you if necessary.

Also, make a listen check if you're in the alley (K,C, & C).

Remove ads