A Sojourn in Sairundan Part 2 [Judge: Manzanita]

Trouvere

Explorer
Rae ArdGaoth said:
In Conuld's arms, the cat begins to stir.
Strangely keen to keep the cat, and with prestidigitation magic tingling in his fingertips, Conuld takes a moment to secure it in a bag magically stitched from part of his cloak. As an afterthought, he scents the material with as close an approximation to catnip as he can manage. Then he runs after Kurgahz and the Sairundani.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Shadya:

Opening the door to the right, Shadya does indeed find some stairs. A narrow, spiral staircase heads both up and down. Shadya heads up.

At each floor, there is a closed door leading off the spiral staircase.

On the third floor, she encounters the two thugs from before, on their way down. They move aside for Shadya, completely cowed, then continue their trek downwards.

The fourth floor is very poorly lit, Shadya can hardly see. The fifth floor is pitch black. The stairs go up one more level onto the roof, feeding right into the dark area out of which that mysterious bolt came. The only light here is the light from the sky and the meager coals burning on the streets far off in the city. Shadya didn't encounter anybody else on the way up.

KCC:

The voiceless velar plosive's united!

Moving as fast as they can and following the dwarf's voice, the longer-legged humans and half-orc reach Cludge within a minute.

Last edited:

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist, Fighter 3 (HP:34 AC:15)

Cludge looks up with distress plainly written across what can be seen of his features as Conuld and Kurghaz approach.
I can't find them, Connie, he says gloomily. I'm serposed ta be pertectin' them. Next time I go runnin' off without thinkin', remind me o' my duty, will ya?

Trouvere

Explorer
"We did what was right at the time, and I doubt we'd have taken the orc so easily without you."

"So. If Shadya and Lasair have run off, then they must have spotted the other man in the crowd. I do not know how we can find them, except by searching the streets in a widening circle from their last known location."

Conuld looks around for possible paths to take. "I hesitate to suggest that we split up again, but I at least can make a sign in the sky for all to see if I come across them. We would maximise the chance of at least one of us providing assistance. Or we can trust to luck."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"So. If Shadya and Lasair have run off, then they must have spotted the other man in the crowd.

(OOC: I believe that it isn't a matter of deduction--IIRC, Lasair specifically told Conuld that they did spot the other man, but Conuld said, quite rightly, that he couldn't abandon the folks he sent off after the decoy, so he went the other way)

*Lasair's ability to touch and read the ziivash will not help her in descending the building nor crossing the chasm. She hopes that Shadya yn Hayder can find and apprehend the third man but has no way to catch up to him, plus she must wait here for the two men under her Suggestion. She sends Meliana, with her wall-crawling ability, to enter the other building and go check for bad guys or Shadya yn Hayder.*

(OOC: The sending Meliana thing would have happened immediately, so Meliana would be in the building concurrently with Shadya, but starting on a higher floor instead of the bottom (wherever there's a viable window). )

Trouvere

Explorer
OOC: I was uncertain about that, so I went back to page 7 and read through it again. I think it's the case that while Conuld definitely knew there was a second man somewhere in the crowd, he had already headed off in 186 (actualized in Rae's 191) before Meliana managed to spot him again (at the tail end of 191, with the Spot check made successfully in 193). Conuld had managed a round of full-speed running north-east by then. It's confused a little by an apparently out of sequence comment to Conuld by Shadya in 195 when she came out of her daze.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: To be clear, I need confirmation from Shadya that she wants to continue up to the roof. And then I need further actions from her.

LS:

There are windows on every floor, and there are 5 levels of windows. All the windows are open to the breeze. Meliana can enter any of them.

Remove ads