A Sojourn in Sairundan Part 2 [Judge: Manzanita]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
The once-cloaked-man and his ally are bound tightly. There's no way they're escaping these knots. Lasair and Shadya are now in possession of their weapons and armor: Mr. OCM had a scimitar and 2 daggers, and the thug had a scimitar, a dagger, and a light crossbow. Both were wearing chain shirts beneath their desert robes. Upon closer inspection for hidden weapons, you discover brands on their left shoulders. The brands are simple, circles with a dot in the center.

Now that they have their prisoners, Shadya and Lasair...

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: ...will question them herself. She's not willing to take them to the 'proper authorities' in case these people have ties in a corrupt government and because if she promises to free them for cooperation, she wants to be able to make good on that. She'll send Meliana back towards the square to try to find the others and bring them there. If they don't talk with ordinary Diplomacy, she will try some Powers as well--I don't have much time, so I'm not also posting an IC speech from her to the captives yet, but I'll get to it later if I remember)

Solange

First Post
"We should take them to answer for their attempt on my father and brother's life." Shadya says, trying to remain calm and keep from extracting justice herself.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: Well, it seems that Rystil is pseudo-absent, according to his post in the Gen. Disc. thread, so I think it's reasonable for Solange to NPC Lasair through the interrogation (or perhaps persuade her to return to the others in the Pavilion, if that's what Solange wants to do. I'd rather not delay the game any more.)

Kurgahz and Cludge:

You continue walking through the streets, calling for Shadya and Lasair and blowing the signal whistle.

Lasair and Shadya:

You both hear, faintly off in the distance maybe 250' away from you, the distinctive shrill of a signal whistle. And Lasair swears she can hear Kurgahz' and Cludges' voices shouting in unison, though she can't make out what.

OOC: It's so odd that you both first heard it at the same time...

Lasair immediately sends Meliana in that direction. Though the shouts and the whistle are drowned in the wind and noise of the city for a few moments, the girls can suddenly hear them very clearly. "SHADDYAAAAA!!! LASAAAAIR!!!" calls Cludge's distinctive voice. Lasair uses her link with Meliana to direct the crystal towards her companions. Meliana finds them quickly.

KC:

You're both stopped in your tracks by Lasair's little psicrystal. You hear a piping voice in your minds, "Hey you two! I was just about to go look for you! Lasair and Shadya are on a rooftop, this way! They made some friends, I'm sure they'd love to meet you, so come on! Come you slowpokes!"

Conuld:

Conuld heads back to the Patriarch's Pavilion with the intent of finding Hayder's two conscious sons. Almost as soon as his two companions run off, Conuld hears a commotion begin down the street. As soon as he turns the corner, he is unpleasantly surprised by the scene before him.

The crowd has turned its attention from Gram to the captive orc that Conuld caught with the others and turned in to the guards. The orc has been tossed unceremoniously on the stone ground, and more than a few Helatians are trying their best to kick him to death. And some of the guards are not being paragons of their title: only about half of their number are actually trying to put a stop to the brutal beatings, the others are standing by. One guard is actually kicking the orc with the worst of them.

Gram is screaming at the crowd, trying to force his way through to the center, though his words are drowned out in the general noise. Conuld is at least somewhat happy to note that the two Sairundani he recruited to help him are in the middle with the exemplary guards, trying their best to keep the angry crowd off of the unconscious orc.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Lasair is very strongly against handing them to the authorities or returning to the Pavilion (at least for the moment)--please do not have her do that yet. I can probably jump in with posts of her intentions well enough, but a long speech with all her words would be too much. Gotta sleep now, though--big test tomorrow (well today I guess :uhoh: ).

I'm sure Lasair could get what she needs out of them with simple interrogation and Diplomacy (combined with Shadya's clear intention to turn them in to play good-cop bad-cop), but if it saves time and moves it along, you can instead just roll a Diplomacy check and have her use Suggestion again to 'write down every last detail you know about the poisoning, the ambush, and this setup, especially who hired you, who you think the guy in the shadows trying to kill your own men was, and what the goal was, then sign the statement with your real name' or something

Okay--must sleep now.)

Trouvere

Explorer
Conuld's heart sinks, and he actually pulls at his hair for a moment.[sblock=Actions]He intends the following sequence of actions: cast enlarge person on himself (duration 3 mins), move towards the scrum, cast ghost sound to make a terrible howling shrieking sound (volume of twelve shouting men, duration up to 18 seconds, or until it commands or fails to command attention). He'll request that the crowd move back and desist, while his raised hands drip with prestidigitated silver flames. The moment there's any space around the orc, a curtain of similar silver flames will spring up to surround him, eventually shielding the orc completely from view, and more flames will surround Conuld (silent image). He'll politely explain that it's not a good idea for those with violent intent to touch the flames; and that it would be best to leave the orc's fate to the authorities. He'll maintain the silent shimmering silver curtain with sweat beading on his brow until Gram acts or his companions return. As the enlarge person wears off, he'll try to give the impression that this is because the situation is calming down. If anyone breaches the flames, well, Conuld is Lawful Neutral, not Lawful Good. He did what he could. He'll abandon the orc and retreat the way he came, casting color spray to discourage if needed.[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
[sblock=OOC: ]It sounds like as good a plan as any to me. I would say, narrate up to the point where you intend the crowd to respond (ie. the howling sound) and then pause there.[/sblock]

Remove ads