A Sojourn in Sairundan Part 2 [Judge: Manzanita]

Phoenix8008

First Post
Kurgahz listens to the little psicrystal before speaking "Well crystal, lead on then and show us the way back to the girls, right Cludge?" He moves to follow the little thing when it takes off to lead the way.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Cludge and Kurgahz:

Following Meliana, you travel down a main street, then through several alleys until you reach a long staircase. Clambering up, you find Shadya and Lasair lording over two Sairundani men, bound with ropes. You catch the tail end of Shadya's statement, her voice tone is less than friendly. "Your friends can not save you here."

Cludge, Kurgahz, Shadya, and Lasair:

The once-cloaked-man says nothing, but Lasair sees that there is no fear in his eyes. The other thug, however, decides to spill it: "Look, lady, don't kill me. I'm just following orders! When Kaati Shut tells you to jump, you do it, see? And they told me to watch for Hasan to return from the Pavilion and to deal with anybody who was following. There wasn't even supposed to be any followers, see, so when you two showed up, it was already sand in the drinking water, you know?

Look, we're just trying to stay alive, right? Well, some of us anyway. Hasan here's getting a wagon load of money for this job and th-"

He's cut off by the once-cloaked-man (Hasan, presumably) shouts angrily, "Shut up, fool, or I'll kill you myself!"

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: reading the ziivash, does Lasair believe the one who talked? I'll assume yes)

"Very well. Your honesty has saved you. This Hasan has told me that the Kaati Shut can reach you in your prisons. If you wish to be exiled from this city rather than incarcerated, I shall try to arrange it."

*She turns to Hasan.*

"As for you...your vhalless actions and petty greed are deplorable. You are the one, after all, who applied the poison, while your friend simply backed you up as you fled. I would lose no sleep over letting my companion slay you here..."

(OOC: Again, assuming she believes the other guy, she will use her Suggestion as above, but only on Hasan.)

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: Yes, she believes the other guy.

The talkative thug looks crestfallen. "Ex- Exile? But..." He trails off as he looks at Shadya's menacing glare and decides that perhaps exile might not be so bad.

Hasan... OOC: I'll pause a moment, to give the others a chance to get a word in. Then I'll proceed with the suggestion. Rystil, can you please phrase Lasair's exact suggestion?

Conuld:

Gram looks almost as stunned as the rest of the crowd. After a long pause, he jolts to his senses. "You heard the... er, the man! Go on, go home to your families, there's been enough drama tonight for one thousand and one nights! Go on, go!" The guards also regain their senses, and they move into position around the orc, successfully pushing the crowd away. Slowly but surely, the crowd parts, albeit with many a backwards glance at Conuld's towering form.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"It would be exile for your own safety. After all, if they can get to you in prison, they may kill you for failing, or for talking. If you would prefer a cell, that is up to you."

(OOC: As above with minor edits--

"If I am to keep my friend from exacting revenge on you, I'll need more information. Please write down every last detail you know about the poisoning, the ambush, and this setup, especially who ordered it, the names and positions of every member of the Kaati Shut known to you, meeting places they use, how they got in contact with you, any relevant passphrases and their usage, exactly who you think the guy in the shadows was, and what the goals and intents of the poisoning were, then sign the statement with your real name" )

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Well, there you gals are!" Kurgahz booms as he shoulders his way through the door and into the room. Looking at the two tied up humans and then at Shadya and Lasair, he continues "And ta think Cludge here was worried about you two comin' to harm while we wer chasin' down the cloaked orc in the opposite direction." He intertwines his thick fingers and stretches his arms out in front of him, cracking his nuckles loudly. "You need any help here with these two? They telling you everything you want? If not, lemme know. I'd be glad ta lend a helping hand...or two." He finished with a huge orcish grin showing off all his fangs.

OOC: Just interacting for the heck of it. The girls seem to have it well enough in hand that he doesn't feel the need to really work on intimidating them. Not that he'd likely be much good at it anyway.

Trouvere

Explorer
Rae ArdGaoth said:
Gram looks almost as stunned as the rest of the crowd. After a long pause, he jolts to his senses. "You heard the... er, the man! Go on, go home to your families, there's been enough drama tonight for one thousand and one nights! Go on, go!" The guards also regain their senses, and they move into position around the orc, successfully pushing the crowd away. Slowly but surely, the crowd parts, albeit with many a backwards glance at Conuld's towering form.
Conuld struggles not to laugh at the absurdity of this state of affairs, not least that he's still carrying an alley cat in a makeshift bag, but he keeps his mind focused on maintaining the illusory flickering silver fire. After three minutes, when he returns to normal size, he tries to give the impression he has done so because he considers the situation well in hand. He lets the flames around himself drop commensurately lower.

Remove ads