A Sojourn in Sairundan Part 2 [Judge: Manzanita]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: Ah yes, thank you for reminding me.

[sblock=Conuld, Kurgahz: ]You are reasonably sure that these half-orcs speak the truth.[/sblock]
[sblock=Lasair: ]You're pretty sure that the half-orcs are telling the whole truth. At the very least, you don't think they're lying.[/sblock]
[sblock=Cludge, Shadya: ]Something about these two strikes you as... noble. Unlike many half-orcs you've met in your life, Theven is eloquent and calm. Hask seems lighthearted and easygoing. Both seem down to earth and honest. They also seem sincerely embarrassed and a little ashamed of Duiz' actions. Based on all this, you're pretty sure that they aren't leading you astray.[/sblock]

Solange

First Post
"Thank you. It is most kind of you to share such information."

Shadya will tell them of the last Oasis they found, about what direction it was, and how many days it took to get here.

Phoenix8008

First Post
"You say the Sairundani attacked an ORC tribe caravan...but that YOUR tribe didn't want to deal with the violence so it decided to leave? And you are scouts for your tribe? Is it an Orc tribe that you are part of, or is there actually a tribe of Half-Orcs?" Kurgahz asks with a new gleam in his eye. "And where is the rest of this tribe you're scouting for? Are they following you and gonna drop on our heads any minute?"

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Hask gives Kurgahz a cocked eyebrow, and Theven shakes his head. "We did not misspeak. Our tribe is a diverse one, of mixed races. Some are full orc, some full human, but the majority of us are somewhere in between. Much like yourself. There are full orc tribes in the desert, but the tribe that was ambushed was similar to ours."

Hask speaks over the noise of the sandstorm, "No need to get upset, big guy. Our tribe is out there somewhere, nearby but a few hours' walk away, at least. They're a bit slower than us, got a lot of people to organize. We'll return to them soon as we find the next oasis. Hopefully there's one closer than the one she mentioned, otherwise we may have problems." Hask shrugs, he doesn't seem too worried.

The wind is slowly but surely becoming calmer. More light enters the pit with each passing minute. The sandstorm is moving on steadily.

OOC: One thing I forgot: The Lamia isn't actually in the pit anymore, is it? I think you guys killed it up top and left it there. It's probably blown away now. I mention it because Lasair said it was in the pit, but I don't think it is.

Solange

First Post
OOC: Eww, no, it's out in the sand being carved to bits by the winds and sand.

"I wish I knew of a closer oasis. It seems the one you spoke of is likely the closest." Shadya says.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Theven nods. "We are desert nomads. We shall survive."

The winds have really died down. The worst of the storm is over, and the sun begins to shine brightly again. The pit warms up a bit in the late afternoon heat.

Hask says, "I think we'll wait here, let Duiz cool down some more. I think he'll be easier to deal with if you guys are gone when he comes to." Theven adds, "I agree. You have been... most hospitable. I will tell my tribe of you, but I cannot say the same for other tribes. The race wars are heating up again, so be wary, Shadya of Sairundan. The rest of you as well. I am sorry we had to meet under such circumstances. If we do meet again, perhaps we will not have to spend our time trapped in a pit by sandstorm with a mad half-orc passed out at our sides." Theven looks grim as the Shepherd, but his words carry the tiniest hint of sarcasm.

OOC: Things seem to have slowed down. So let's say our goodbyes and move on, shall we? Still following the sandpoles I suppose?

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: That is correct. Lasair usually talks more, but she does not feel that she has the appropriate context here and can tell that relations between humans and orcs are tense, so she was letting Shadya, as emissary of the Sairundani, lead.)

Solange

First Post
"May your travels be safe, and your water be plentiful." Shadya says to them. "Till we meet again, hopefully under better circumstances."

OOC: I'm ready to keep moving. And yes, follow the sandpoles.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Kurgahz nods as the other two speak. "Farewell then. Hope ya find some water soon and your tribe finds its way to a better place. I know what it's like to wander the barren wilderness, but at least you all have each other. Take care." Kurgahz says as he gathers and prepares his equipment for travel. He's glad for the time he's been able to be off his stinkin camel at least.

OOC: Anybody besides Kurgahz need any healing? I know Kurgahz could use a hit from the wand at least. Probably just one as he was already at 9/18 HP. Unless he gets really unlucky with his roll.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I'd not waste a wand charge and just use a regular CLW spell on it if such are available. It's almost the next morning anyways, and after weeks of nothing and then two random attacks on the same day, it seems unlikely that a third will also occur before morning)

Remove ads