• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Spiked Drink

Songdragon

Explorer
The halfling almost starts to say something to the elf, be changes her mind and replies with merely, "As you will." and bows her head in a respectful manner.

She then turns her attention to the halfling and wizard, "Indeed. There is more to this matter. Let us seek the truth of it." She will follow behind the others watching for an trouble or unwanted attention.

[sblock=Saranna Surefoot's Mini Stats] Saranna Surefoot (Songdragon)
Hallfing Rogue 2
Initiative: +3 Perception: +9
Conditions: n/a
AC: 19 (14 touch; 16 flat-footed)
HP: 14 of 14
CMB: +0 CMD: 13 Fort: +1 Ref: +7 Will: +3
In Hand: buckler[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
Rulkep's Shop

Walking towards Rulkelp's shop, the group get plenty of raised eyebrows and finger pointing. Anyone walking the same way take detours to avoid following in the wake (and smell) of the group. People headed in the opposite direction quickly hurry past, sometimes with their hands covering their noses. As such, you arrive quickly to your destination without much delay.

The shop itself is a smaller building, flanked by a blacksmith on the left, and a jeweler on the right. The display over the shop door has faded after years of Venzan weather, but the name on it confirms that it is your destination. On display is an arrangement of various perfumes, all in rather ornate bottles of various types. A small sign at the bottom says "We also have supplies for your adventuring needs!", with a few empty bottles labeled "Healing Potions -50 gold"

Two White Cloaks stand in front of the door, waving people aside who wish to linger and investigate. One of them, a male half-elf, explains to two men that they are not to linger here, while the half-orc guard spots you.

Calling out towards your party he says "Oi! You lot! Bugger off. No one allowed in or out, per the Lieutenant's orders. This is to remain locked down till we get more men down here."

Songdragon

Explorer
"Pardon me? I was not aware that the law of Venza was such an impolite lot." she considers so much more she might say, but holds it within not wanting to offend those that they need to deal with. Not to mention, would even understand anything intelligent she told to them.

"Relic, if you would show these, gentleman the writ, they will at the least stop insulting us." Saranna says looking up to the old wizard.

jbear

First Post
Relic pays little attention to the folk avoiding the group's smell assuming it is a combination of his unwashed sweaty socks and the elven barbarian causing the discomfort and that little can be done about it.

When the guards shout the group away Relic takes the paper from the Lieutenant out and shows it to the half-orc.

"I'm sure you'll recognise the hand and signature of Lt Rondo here. We shouldn't be too long investigating in there. And please don't let anyone else in until we have finished examining the tainted stock."

Without actually relinquishing the paper Relic holds it out so it can be easily seen and read, awaiting patiently for permission to pass.

Once given the nod Relic asks before entering:

"Has anyone else attempted to enter recently ... a priest perhaps? Or a half-elven woman with silvery hair and a scorpion pendant?"

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
Daylily ignores the Whitecloaks, having long since decided the guardsmen were beneath any sort of consideration. He looks quizzically at the display, unable to read any of the labels. "Are the empty jars here meant tae be something?" he asks. He gestures at the empty healing potion bottles, leaving a greasy smear on the glass.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
"They are being used as advertisements," Holphin explains to Daylily. "They inform the passerby on the kinds of merchandise available, and of their price. In this case, healing potions, for 50 gold."

Turning to the Whitecloaks he merely adds a patrician look, based on his appearance.

Systole

First Post
"S'truth, but the other bottles, are they not chock of that reeking swill your civilized women douse themselves in? It seems fair strange to me that some of the bottles are empty while the others are not." He shrugs. "O' course, it's nae belike half the other things you city folk do aren't as senseless as a stone turd, so mayhap I'm just being grossly ignorant."

jackslate45

First Post
The half-orc growls at the piece of paper and says "No one inside since yesterday's arrest. I can attest to that. Besides, why rest talking in elf talk? You'd like it if I speak orc talk all the times?"

"Now now Urdrak, let's be nice." The half-elf man had turned towards his companion, as the other two men shuffle off. "You will have to forgive him, he and I have been here all night. He can be grumpy after..." "Rondo said no one in or out, therefore no one in or out!"

The Half Elf sighs, and says to those present "Follet is the name. I and Urdrak here are looking after this shop until we can get more men down here to help haul this stuff away. Problem is, no one has been sent to relieve us since yesterday. "

"While I have no problem letting you in with that Writ, and while that is undoubtly Lt. Rondo's handwriting, why is he giving you access to Rukelp's shop? "

Songdragon

Explorer
The halfling looks to the half-elf and bows her head, "Thank you. As the writ says, we are investigating." She smiles and moves forward and opens the door and moves through (unless stopped).

Inside she looks about... (( Perception 1d20+9=23 ))

[sblock=Saranna Surefoot's Mini Stats] Saranna Surefoot (Songdragon)
Hallfing Rogue 2
Initiative: +3 Perception: +9
Conditions: n/a
AC: 19 (14 touch; 16 flat-footed)
HP: 14 of 14
CMB: +0 CMD: 13 Fort: +1 Ref: +7 Will: +3
In Hand: buckler[/sblock]

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
As the half-orc guardsman speaks, Daylily looks surprised, then snickers. Since Holphin has been conversing with him in Elven, he gestures to the halfling. "Ay, mate ... did I hear aright? Did the beastie beef willy just ask us for permission tae speak in the beastie tongue?" He chuckles. "Tell him for me that he can speak Beastie tae us if he cares tae, but I would be far more impressed were he tae grab his buttocks wi' both hands and fart the melody tae 'The Wanton Lass on the Hill.' Tell him I can whistle it for him if he's unfamiliar with the tune."

Remove ads