• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A tribute to Dogma by Kevin Smith, it's...

Krishnath

First Post
THE GOLGOTHAN!!!!

And if you haven't seen the movie, please do, as it probably the funniest comedy about heaven, hell, angels, demons, god, and the last descendant of jesus ever. Just remember to read the disclaimer at the start of the movie.

Comments are appreciated, flames are not...

-

Golgothan (Excremental)
Large Outsider (Evil)
Hit Dice:
12d8+48 (102 hp)
Initiative: +1 (Dex)
Speed: 30'
AC: 18 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +8 natural)
Attacks: Slam +18/+13/+8 melee; or glob +12 ranged.
Damage: Slam 2d6+10 plus disease, glob 1d8+7 plus disease
Face/Reach: 5' by 5'/10'
Special Attacks: Glob, Disease, Spell-like abilities
Special Qualities: Damage reduction 15/+2, Spell resistance 22, Regenerate 5, Fire vulnerability, Acid immunity, Electricity, force, and sonic resistance 20, Breathless,
Saves: Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +11
Abilities: Str 25, Dex 13, Con 19, Int 8, Wis 16, Cha 18
Skills: Bluff +18, Climb +21, Intimidate +18, Jump +21, Listen +17, Spot +17,
Feats: Cleave, Improved Bull Rush, Power Attack (-12/+12), Sunder,

Climate/Terrain: Any land and underground
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 12
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always Neutral Evil
Advancement: 13-18 HD (Large); 19-36 HD (Huge)

The golgothan, also known as the excremental, is one of the vilest creatures to originate in hades.
The golgothan is a hulking humanoid, entirely composed of the excrements that heartless murderers expelled during their executions. The creatures mouth and eyes are nothing but empty hollows, in the creatures overall brown and slimy body.
In other words, the creature is a heaving pile of crap.

Combat:
The golgothan in not particulary intelligent for an outsider, and fights much like a berserker, flailing away until either it or it's opponents are dead. The creature will use it's innate abilities, early and often.
Glob (Ex): As a standard action the golgothan can fire a glob of excrements from it's body. It must make a ranged touch attack to hit, and the glob deals 1d8+7 points of damage, and has a change to infect the target with a disease if it hits.
Disease (Ex): Grey wasting, the disease is described in the Manual of the Planes™ page 110. Alternatly the DM can choose any other disease of his or her fancy.
Spell-like Abilities: At will - Bane, Desecrate, Ghoul Touch, Grease, and Obscuring Mist; 3/day - Bestow Curse, Fear, Poison, Slow, Stinking Cloud, and Summon Swarm; 1/day - Cloudkill, and Unholy Blight; these are as the spells cast by a 12th level sorcerer, save DC equals 14 plus spell level.
Regenerate (Ex): The golgothan regenerates 5 points of damage per round, unless the damage was dealt by fire or cold.
Fire Vulnerability (Ex): Due to it's composition the golgothan takes double damage from fire sources.
Breathless (Ex): Immune to gas attacks, can survive indefinetly in airless inviroments, not subject to chocking and drowning.

-

Please tell me what you think. ;)

Last edited:

Frog Slime

First Post
Heh, I was wondering when someone was going to stat that hideous thing. Downright loathesome. I thought of doing a version myself some time ago, with a "sickening aura", but it neevr got off the ground.

Yours is awesome, though. But If I threw it at my players I think I'd get a ltitle too much food thrown at me in disgust. :D

Krishnath

First Post
I say you should do it. Let's see, the party is sent into the sewers to hunt for some monster that has been killing people in the city. The players are of course expecting a couple of carrion crawlers or an Otyugh. Imagine their faces when a Golgothan comes wading out of the darkness... :D

Btw, I wrote it up just after I got manual of the planes, can you tell?

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Krishnath said:
Comments are appreciated, flames are not...

you better believe flames are not appreciated! if you lit a match around one of these things, you'd explode! ;)

Clay_More

First Post
Hmmmm... you should give it an additional ability. If it hits a person and causes damage, that person has a -10 modifier to any Diplomacy and Intimidate checks until he has cleaned himself up (which would take 30 minutes).

Also, it could have a Gaze attack that causes Disguist. Dont know what it's effects should be though....

If the Golgothan comes into contact with any food rations, any person wishing to eat those rations would have to roll a Fortitude saving throw or become unable of eating them...

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Very nice, very vile. Might actually use this for a little excursion my players are taking into the Caves of Dream...
But Krish, the face/reach is wrong for a Large creature, either by 3 or 3.5e standards. Shouldn't it be (at least till July) 5ft by 5ft/10ft?

Demiurge out.

Krishnath

First Post
Oops... I'll fix it shortly, I blame the old dragon monster creation article... :D

Clay: That would be overkill.

Anything else?

Robbert Raets

Explorer
I did a weaker version of this a couple 'o months ago. Took a slime/mud(?) elemental for MotP and added the 'demonically fused' template from a Dragon Magazine (can't remember the # right now). Then gave it the Troglodite stench special ability :D

(ps. and kudos for doin' this, mr. Nath!)

Last edited:

Remove ads