• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A world in darkness OOC

Quirhid

First Post
Something to consider

I think we need more spellcasters in our party. We already have two melee guys, one melee/spelcaster and the necessary rogue We also have two diplomats and one smith...

Ideal adding to our party would be a wizard. He/She would have valuable spellcasting abilities. Knowledge-skills could be useful too.

I wouldn't mind if we had a cleric or a druid too.

Maybe PA and Jemal could consider these options. Not that they would have to be clerics or wizards. I just thought that it would make our party more balanced.

Ghostknight

First Post
Well I'll let PA post his character, but JEmal did indicate that he wanted the druid with insta cures - combined with the Astral deva that gives good divinse casting coverage but the party is short on arcane casting capability.

Oh my, I'm such a kind DM, of course I would NEVER exploit something like that :D

PugioilAudacio

First Post
Ghostknight said:
Well I'll let PA post his character, but JEmal did indicate that he wanted the druid with insta cures - combined with the Astral deva that gives good divinse casting coverage but the party is short on arcane casting capability.

Oh my, I'm such a kind DM, of course I would NEVER exploit something like that :D

<Sigh> Maybe I'll have to switch my char then. And I came up with a nice back story and everything. Oooook, I'll make an arcane caster. That's what I get for delaying. I hope you don't mind Mr. Nice Kind DM.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
PugioilAudacio said:
<Sigh> Maybe I'll have to switch my char then. And I came up with a nice back story and everything. Oooook, I'll make an arcane caster. That's what I get for delaying. I hope you don't mind Mr. Nice Kind DM.
Play what you want. Not every group of people has every base covered.

PugioilAudacio

First Post
Argent Silvermage said:
Play what you want. Not every group of people has every base covered.

True, but no arcane caster can seriously put a crimp in a lot of plans. As long as the DM doesn't mind (I know we've been talking about my char and it wouldn't be quite right to change at the last minute) I'll be an arcane caster.

Ghostknight

First Post
PugioilAudacio said:
True, but no arcane caster can seriously put a crimp in a lot of plans. As long as the DM doesn't mind (I know we've been talking about my char and it wouldn't be quite right to change at the last minute) I'll be an arcane caster.

I don't mind. I prefer people to play characters they are comfortable with (and contrary to my previous post I don't actually design adevntures around party weaknesses - this is meant o be fun, not DM vs Players!)

So make a character you are comfortable with and happy to play, whether it is waht we discussed or an arcance caster - go mad!

Quirhid

First Post
We don't need an arcane spellcaster if you don't want to play one, PA. What about the character you first thought then. What is it? Play with that.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads