• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A world in darkness OOC

Zerth

First Post
I'm back. I'll post stats for my 3rd level minotaur later tonight.

As for the reason being in the hidden town... Hey Wilphe, looks like you're going for the merchant concept. So could your character imagine taking a minotaur as a companion? It could be for any reason: protection, hard labour etc. That would give me a good reason being around. Like a D&D version of a wokiee companion. :) And let's face it, minotaurs are no geniuses, so he'd probably need someone to point him the way among the more "civilized" folk.

Underdark is probably where most minotaurs are living anyway. My char will be an outcast who chose to leave his own kind, because he didn't fit in (being too damn kind for his own good, CG).

Last edited:

Quirhid

First Post
I can't see why we should have diplomats in our party. Are you with me Zerth? ;)

Wilphe: I think my dwarf only half-likes you :) ...but I'm sure we'll get along quite nicely.

Great, we have a dwarf(me), a half-drow(Wilphe), a celestial(Argent) and a minotaur coming(Zerth). Anything else?

I hope these are the final stats of Racid Stonefist. Feel free to check though!

Racid Stonefist

Male gold dwarf Ftr1/Bar2: CR 3; Medium-size humanoid (dwarf); HD 1d10+3 plus 2d12+6; hp 43; Init +2; Spd 20ft.; AC 19 (touch 12, flat-footed 19); Atk +7 melee (1d8+3/x3, warhammer), +5 ranged (1d6+1, throwing axe); SQ Gold dwarven traits, rage; uncanny dodge (Dex bonus to AC); AL NG; SV Fort +8, Ref +2, Will -1; Str 16, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 12, Wis 8, Cha 10.

Skills and Feats: Climb +1, Craft (armormaking) +9, Craft (weaponsmithing) +9, Intimidate +5, Jump +0, Survival +5, Swim -7; Diehard, Endurance, Improved Unarmed Strike.

Special Qualities: Gold dwarven traits: +1 racial attack bonus against aberrations, darkvision 60 ft., stonecunning, +2 on saves against poison, +2 on saves against spells, +4 dodge bonus against giants, +2 racial bonus on Appraise checks or Craft checks related to stone or metal.

Possessions: Masterwork; spiked breastplate, masterwork; heavy; steel shield, masterwork warhammer, 2 throwing axes, backpack (consists at least: bedroll, flint and steel, grappling hook, silk rope, climbers kit, masterwork tool), 1657gp, 9sp.

Other: Carrying capacity: light load –76lb., medium load 77-153lb., heavy load 154-230lb., current load 86lb.(medium); Height 5’3”; Weight 158lb.; Age 59 years.

Dark brown ponytail bouncing on his back when charging the enemy, long beard covering half of his chest, look of a mad-man in his eyes, a heavy warhammer raised ready for a mighty blow and very... sharp armor makes him a fiersome sight on the battlefield. This is the kind of guy you don’t want to meet in close-encounter. He’s known to beat up an ogre dead with bare hands when he lost his hammer during the battle.

He was born in another town, which fell in a siege. With nothing to defend he left the ruins and started wandering in the wilderness. He caught up with one of the caravans of Tumil and found a home inside its protecting walls. Now trusted and loyal member of the Tumil’s militia, he’s always ready to fight besides with his trusted friends among the militia or beside an anvil making weapons and armor for others. When there’s nobody to fight, nothing is more relaxing than to start a fistfight in the local tavern. Other times –especially when banned from the tavern- he works as a mercenary looking over trading caravans, if there are any. When needed he can also be a scout guarding the far edges of Tumil’s borders. In a nutshell, he’s always there for Tumil!

Zerth

First Post
Gor
Male Minotaur 3 (Medium-size monstrous humanoid)

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Str: 18 (+4) [10 points, +2 race]
Dex: 12 (+1) [4 points]
Con: 18 (+4) [10 points, +2 race]
Int: 8 (-1) [4 points, -4 race]
Wis: 10 (+0) [2 points]
Cha: 8 (-1) [2 points, -2 race]

Class and Racial Abilties:
Darkvision 60ft, Gore 1d6, +3 natural armor, +2 Str, keen senses +1, Con +2, natural cunning (cannot become lost).

Hit Dice: 2d8+8
HP: 24
AC: 18 (+1 Dex, +4 armor, +3 natural), touch 11, flat-footed 17
Init: +1 (+1 Dex)
Speed: 30ft
Armor Check Penalty: -1

Saves:
Fortitude +5 [+1 base, +4 Con]
Reflex +4 [+3 base, +1 Dex]
Will +3 [+3 base, +0 Wis]

BAB/Grapple: +2/+6
Melee Atk: +7 (1d12+6, x3, mw. greataxe) or +6 (1d6+4, gore)
Full Atk: +7 (1d12+6, x3, mw. greataxe) and +1 (1d6+4, gore)
Charge Atk: +8 (2d8+6, gore)
Ranged Atk: +3 (1d6+4, 30ft. range, javelin)

Skills:
Intimidate +0 [1 rank, -1 Cha]
Listen +2 [1 rank, +0 Wis, +1 keen senses]
Search +0 [0 ranks, -1 Int, +1 keen senses]
Speak language [1 rank] (cc)
Spot +2 [1 rank, +0 Wis, +1 keen senses]

Feats:
Power Attack (Minotaur1)

Languages
Giant, Undercommon

Equipment: Mw. greataxe, mw. chain shirt, 3 javelins, backpack, waterskin, winter blanket, crowbar, shovel, whetstone, potion of magic fang, 2 potions of CLW.

Money: 1,850gp

Appearance: Gor is not yet a fully grown minotaur, but is still about 7 feet tall and weighs just under 500lb. The two horns on his forehead are likewise not yet reached their full length, but look very intimidating nevertheless. He looks like a typcal young minotaur bull with muscular body covered in shaggy brown fur. His eyes however, don't have quite the intimidating fury common to his species and they seem to have almost a kind look in them if someone is brave enough to look closer.

Background: Gor was born into a small tribe of minotaurs living in one of the vast dark caves in the Underdark. There was something different about him, that was evident when he was still young. He lacked the savage evil nature common to his kin and was constantly mocked and overlooked because of that. Life among the minotaurs was a constant torture to Gor so he decided to leave his home caves and wandered into the darkness.

Gor settled to live in a cave of his own, that was located unknown to him, near a trading route from the Underdark to the surface. The drow slavers sometimes traveled in those parts and one day they surprised and captured Gor. His fate seemed to be to die in one of the drow fight arenas if the caravan reached it's destination.

On the third day after his capture the caravan met a strange woman, who had some drow features but still wasn't a pure drow. The woman and the slavers seemed to argue about something, what Gor didn't understand, but the woman looked irritated and displeased afterwards. On the same night the same woman returned having sneaked into the slaver camp. She unlocked some of the slave cages and a hell broke loose. During the fight Gor was able to escape and he decided to follow the strange woman feeling in debt, because she had saved him from a certain death.

For some reason the half-drow woman, Sychella, seemed to tolerate Gor (maybe having him to drag the heavy cart containing most of the slaver valuables helped initially) and the young minotaur has followed her ever since. Maybe it has also helped, that Gor is reliable and happy to do dirty and hard work without too many questions. He is fiercely over-protective about his savior and generally obeys her every command. Their travels have taken them several times from cold iron suppliers in the Underdark to a hidden city in the surface, that seems to pay generously for such material.

Last edited:

Ghostknight

First Post
Great, we just need PA and Jemal to post characters and we can get going - hopefully we can start play on Monday if everybody has a character posted.

Most of the time I will not post on weekends - that is time for the kids and wife (I get enough issues over mid-week play). :heh:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads