• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A world in darkness OOC

Argent Silvermage

First Post
I've changed Argentus one last time. He's an Astral Deva.
combines the warrior and some spell capacity.
I have a great idea for why and how he is alive.
Basicly the Celestial host have been smuggeling divine entities to this world in the form of magical writings. when the writings are said allowed a "baby" Deva is born out of the energies. They have to be weak to start off or the magics involved would be noticed by the infernals.
Argentus is one such "baby" Deva. He is not even strong enough to fly but he is growing more powerful.

No Deva knows where the others are or if any of them have survived.
It's up to the DM if the bad guys even know about this.

Jemal

Adventurer
Jemal - Sounds fine as a concept, but the charisma penalty on the dwarf is a bit of a problem with summoning and numbers of summoned creatures.

That's allright, I wasn't planning on doing much summoning anyways. I was actually wondering if you'ld let me change some of the druid's abilities out to let him spontaneously cast Cure... I'ld be willing to give up access to Summon spells (Just doesn't strike me as a summoner), and maybe something else.. what do you think? If no, then I'll just go with a straight out cleric who 'leans' towards nature.

Ghostknight

First Post
Jemal - Druid order for your character

Jemal said:
That's allright, I wasn't planning on doing much summoning anyways. I was actually wondering if you'ld let me change some of the druid's abilities out to let him spontaneously cast Cure... I'ld be willing to give up access to Summon spells (Just doesn't strike me as a summoner), and maybe something else.. what do you think? If no, then I'll just go with a straight out cleric who 'leans' towards nature.

To avoid the charisma penalty you could always go with the gold dwarf: +2 str, -2 dex, not charisma, so in terms of summoning there is not the issue of charisma.

In terms of a druid with insta-cures instead of the insta summons here goes

Druids of Demir
This order of druids venerates the neutral good aspect of the Earth deity (all druids of Demir MUST be neutral good).

They believe in the preservation of the earth. maintaining it in a pristine condition and keeping it pure. Because of this belief in the ultimate purity of the earth they believe that it is best for people to die from natural causes only and thus in healing wounds obtained from violence and torture. For this reason Demir has allowed them to spontaneously cast cure spells as a cleric rather than summon natures ally as druid.

The group is divided into two factions, those who believe in protecting the earth and its fruits (plants and animals), and those who believe in keeping it pure (travel extensively, fighting taint and healing wounds), the majority of adventuring druids of this order come from the second group.

Druids of Demir have acces to the Earth, Good, Sun and healing domains.

if you are happy with this order to belong to, go ahead and create your character.

Last edited:

Ghostknight

First Post
Argent Silvermage said:
I've changed Argentus one last time. He's an Astral Deva.
combines the warrior and some spell capacity.
I have a great idea for why and how he is alive.
Basicly the Celestial host have been smuggeling divine entities to this world in the form of magical writings. when the writings are said allowed a "baby" Deva is born out of the energies. They have to be weak to start off or the magics involved would be noticed by the infernals.
Argentus is one such "baby" Deva. He is not even strong enough to fly but he is growing more powerful.

No Deva knows where the others are or if any of them have survived.
It's up to the DM if the bad guys even know about this.

Nice idea :)

To flesh it out a bit I would say that this is a new approach. Only a few have been sent this way and the Celestial host is waiting to see the results before committing to this on a larger basis. There is a concern that the Devas sent are at very high risk due to ther weakened state and thus they are being watched to see if they can succeed in their mission. The Devas sent so far are all volunteers, highly committed to the mission and wanting to see a massive implememntation. As such they are keen to move around and find means of rapidly growing their power to have maximum impact. As such any have turned to adventuring bands as a means of learning more about the situation and how best to confront it.

To date only a handful of Devas have been sent and not all have been "activated". None of the active Devas have been caught or slain as yet so it is believed that it the devils are not yet aware of this.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Just the basics.

Argentus Whitesoul
Astral Deva, 3rd-Level
Medium Outsider (Good)
Hit Dice: 3d8+6 (0 hp)
Initiative: +0
Speed: 20 ft. in scale mail (4 squares); base speed 50 ft.
Armor Class: 17 (+4 Chain Shirt, +3 Natural) touch 10, flat-footed never.
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+5
Attack: Greatsword +5 melee (2d6+2/19–20) or light crossbow +3 ranged (1d8/19–20)
Full Attack: Greatsword +5 melee (2d6+2/19–20) or light crossbow +3 ranged (1d8/19–20)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Spell like abilities
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., Lowlight Vision
Resistances: Fire 5
Immunities: Electricity and Petrification.
Saves: Fort +5*, Ref +3, Will +5 *+4 vs. poisons
Abilities: Str 14, Dex 10, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 16
Languages: Celestial, Infernal, Draconic, Common, and
Skills: Listen +4, Spot +4, Search +0,
Feats: Light Armor Proficiency
Alignment: Neutral Good
3rd Level Astral Deva characters possess the following racial traits.
· +2 Charisma.
· Medium size.
· Good Subtype
· An Astral Deva’s base land speed is 50 feet.
· Darkvision: Astral Devas can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
· Racial Skills: Astral Devas have a +4 racial bonus on Spot and Listen checks.
· +4 racial bonus to saves vs. Poison.
· Uncanny Dodge
· Racial Feats: Astral Devas gain feats according to its class levels.
· An Astral Deva can use it’s Spell like abilities once per day as a as a caster of his class level.
· Special Qualities (see above): Resistances and immunities.
· Skill points: 8+Int. mod (x4 at first level)
· Automatic Languages: Celestial, Infernal, and Draconic. Bonus Languages: Any

Spell Like Abilities: DC:
· Cure Light Wounds, Aid, Continual Flame, Detect Evil, Dispel Magic, Invisibility Sphere, Remove Curse, Remove Disease, Remove Fear, See Invisibility.

Quirhid

First Post
OK, so we have a crazy dwarf and we have this... celestial (damn, thats cool :D ). Anything else?

Should our PCs know each other ...like friends or something?

BTW: Ghostknight, you didn't answer my question: Should I change my gold dwarf to ordinary shield/hill dwarf?

Remove ads