A world in darkness OOC

Ghostknight

First Post
Wilphe said:
Yeah, I'm in if you'll have me.

I was thinking human (or tiefling - maybe, or half-drow) guy who works as a spy/scout. In addition to some scouting, sabotage and intelligence work he also acts as a courier carrying messages between various hidden towns and the two holdout cities.

Main focus would be on Ranger + Rogue, possibly some levels in Fighter and Bard (he's going to have to be self-reliant and a bit of a JOAT)

Of course if he's wandering around with an Aasimar Paladin that might tend to cramp his style, so I can come up with something else.

Umm, yeah - an Aasimer paladin and Tiefling in the same party could be problematic (unless the tiefling is neutral not too problematic, good is a bit more of a stretch but hey, the exalted creature template even allows for good fiends!)

Also, take into account what I said about tieflings. With the large number of devils around that is likely to be considered your ancestry, creating suspicion that you are sympathetic to the hierarchy. After all, powerful tieflings are in rulership positions. Your concept overall is good though. Just as it works against him in the hidden towns, it works for him outside of the towns, making it easier for him to move around, thus helping in the courier role.

Ghostknight

First Post
Argent Silvermage said:
Actualy I can see interesting situations if 'Gent were ordered to work with Tiefling Spy.

heh, I picture the scene:

Head of local guards and senior paladin - You will accompany the tiefling, remain incospicuous and follow his lead.

But he's evil!

Oh, that. Well, at you better pretend to his slave then, nobody will question that!

Stop it, people will get suspicious if I smile too much at my computer! :lol:

Wilphe

Adventurer
Thought,
who supplies Cold Iron?
No one on the surface, that's who.

You'll have to go underground, which means getting it yourself or dealing with Deep Gnomes, Deep Dwarves and Orogs (and maybe Drow).

Diplomat/merchant type?
Half-drow or Orog.

That could well overlap with the other concept. I'm just thinking out loud and trying to see what's best.

Wilphe

Adventurer
Ghostknight said:
heh, I picture the scene:

Head of local guards and senior paladin - You will accompany the tiefling, remain incospicuous and follow his lead.

"Remain inconpciuous? He's got glowing golden skin and his aura of smugness will set off every Blackguards' Good-dar(TM) for a hundred miles!"

Possibly CN or CG demon spawn - someone must have thought at some point:: "Hey, we need some inconpicous servants if we are going to get those Devil scum off of the Prime."

Last edited:

Ghostknight

First Post
Wilphe said:
"Remain inconpciuous? He's got glowing golden skin and his aura of smugness will set off every Blackguards' Good-dar(TM) for a hundred miles!"

Possibly CN or CG demon spawn - someone must have thought at some point:: "Hey, we need some inconpicous servants if we are going to get those Devil scum off of the Prime."

CN makes sense, CG is unlikely to see the swopping of Devils for Demons as a good thing.

As for your other suggestion re the trader - yep, it makes sense, definitely a niche roleneeding to be fulfilled. I can see the need for prestige classes on both of these - the Deep Trader and the Messenger (probably based around ranger/barbarian/rogue abilities.

Zerth

First Post
Is there still room in this game? Sounds simply awesome.

If yes, I'm thinking about a monk. Either Aasimar or Tiefling. Or maybe some monstrous character... Damn, too many options. I'm also open to any suggestions if there's a certain spot, that needs to be filled.

In any case, I'll be out of town until Wednesday and won't be able to post a character before that.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
In creating my character, what items would I be able to have? If I use the PHB for generating the character, how much gold is alloted for a Lvl 3 Character?

I was thinking of having my Lvl2 Barbarian/Lvl1 Rogue have this kind of background:

Malignor is a brute of a man, with broad shoulders, shoulder length brown hair, darkly tanned skin and cold grey eyes. He is not of this small ruined town, and is one of the few outsiders.

Only a few months ago, scouts reported of devils nearing the ruin, but in battle with a small host of humans. Aid was not sent out, for fear of the devils running back and warning others of the location. Instead, nothing was done. The battle was fierce, and none of the villagers assumed that the humans would survive. With 2 devils left, and 2 lone humans, still fighting, back to back, the battle swiftly changed, as both humans somehow grew enraged, and berserk. Their hatred for these devils shined thorugh and with a swift hail of axes and swords, the devils knew not what hit them. The devils were miraculously slain, yet the 2 humans were not uninjured. They both fell to the ground, out of breath, and wounded. Still, the villagers did nothing for fear of other devils in the area.

Finally, after 8 hours of no movement, the scouts were sent to scavange the bodies and bring anything useful back. To their amazement, both humans were still alive, but dangerously close to death. It was agreed that they would be cared for and if they survived, then the council would be called to decide on their fate. Malignor healed successfully, yet he was scarred and a little dazed from that moment on. It was found out that the devils had raided a settlement of humans in some distant caves, and these two warriors were all that were left. His friend Kain had the worse wounds, and yet was able to survive. His wounds caused him to lose his memory at times, and hampered his use of his off-hand. The council agreed that letting them go would be highly unlikely, and decided to house them in return for their aid in the militia. They quickly surpassed many expectations, and Malignor become a Seargent. His abilities caught the eye of a dwarven rogue and he agreed to teach Malignor the ways of a Rogue, to better help him. They have both been here for only a few months, but it is beginning to be home for them.

After I get feedbak on starting gold, I will post the info on Malignor.

PugioilAudacio

First Post
I'm still fleshing out my character. I have a very interesting idea but I don't want to post it until I've worked on it a little more. I need to look at LA's etc. When is the deadline for this? I should be able to have something by the end of Sunday (or earlier if necessary).

Jemal

Adventurer
Trying to decide between Druid and Cleric of the Earth god with domains Earth and Healing. I'm leaning towards the cleric for insta-conversion to healing spells, but the druid would be more in flavour for the type of char I'm thinkin of.

(OH yeah, I'm also thinking of being a dwarf... I was trying to think of something I'ld never seen done and 'Female Dwarven Druid' just instantly popped into my mind... might be a little TOO unique, though)

Thoughts?

Remove ads