A world in darkness OOC

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Jemal said:
Trying to decide between Druid and Cleric of the Earth god with domains Earth and Healing. I'm leaning towards the cleric for insta-conversion to healing spells, but the druid would be more in flavour for the type of char I'm thinkin of.

(OH yeah, I'm also thinking of being a dwarf... I was trying to think of something I'ld never seen done and 'Female Dwarven Druid' just instantly popped into my mind... might be a little TOO unique, though)

Thoughts?
She sounds cool. Maybe you can take a feat that will allow a druid to trade cure spells as well as summon N A.

Wilphe

Adventurer
"Signature spell" as a baseline?

Only works for converting higher level spells though and only to one spell as written. Prerequisite only works if you are a wizard though...

Zerth

First Post
Forget the monk and planetouched races. If I'm allowed to join, I'm going to make a chaotic good minotaur using Savage Species. It just has to be a monster, because chances to play one are rare.

He might even be a good sidekick for Wilphe's cold iron mercant? No better partner in the dangerous underdark than a big brute, who never gets lost and is able to see in the dark...

Wilphe

Adventurer
Dammnit, that was my third character concept...

Okay, going with half-drow spy/courier/merchant guy/gal.

Prob Rogue 2/ Ranger 1 or Rogue/Ranger/Fighter - probably the former because she'll end up needing skill points way more than she needs feats...

Will be True Neutral in alignment - loyal to those close to her and the cause, but not overly concerned with methods.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
We are starting to look very combat heavy. I think Im going to alter Argentus a bit. (Actualy a lot) To fit into the group a bit better and give some spell firepower I'm going to rewrite him as Aasimer 1 /Sorcerer 2 make him Neutral good and thus fits into the party much better. Her still has weapons and armor feats from his level of Aasimar but will have spells as well. His background wil stay as written.

Quirhid

First Post
If you need more players or alternatives, I'm here.

I'm new to messageboard-playing, but I've played D&D for 2 years and other RPG's for 2 years. I don't even know what alternatives are supposed to do! :)

If you have it in your hearts, count me in!

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Quirhid said:
If you need more players or alternatives, I'm here.

I'm new to messageboard-playing, but I've played D&D for 2 years and other RPG's for 2 years. I don't even know what alternatives are supposed to do! :)

If you have it in your hearts, count me in!
Alternates are there for when a player has to leave the game for whatever reason. such as if I had to stop plying the game you would be then next person asked to play that game. (Not that your an alternate. I think we need one more person.)

Quirhid

First Post
Thanks Argent!

One more thing... does an alternate make his/her own character or does he/she play the character, wich was left without a player? I just wanted to know.

If I'm in as a player, I think I'll make an ogre.

Ghostknight

First Post
Ok Players are: (in no particular order)

Fangor
Wilphe
Argent Silvermage
Zerth
PugioilAudacio
Quirhid

Anyone else is welcome to lurk and get listed as an alternate (although I am hoping that will not be needed.)

Wilphe - Seems good

Argent - Thats fine, although you might want to rethink him as a member of the local militia, it would also make sense for him to be attached to the Mithrond temple (magical defense of the city is part of their role although their Neutral stance may offend a LG Aasimer).

Zerth - Thats fine, just remember you need to find a reason for the town to let him in. Minotaur citizens are rather thin on the ground :)

Jemal - Sounds fine as a concept, but the charisma penalty on the dwarf is a bit of a problem with summoning and numbers of summoned creatures.

Fangor - the gold is 2700gp. If you don't have a DMG and want a magic item/potions let me know and I will give you costs. The background is fine, except for the rank.

PugioilAudacio - Sunday is fine, if we can have the characters sorted out by Wednesday when Zerth is back in contact we can get going then.

Quirhid

First Post
Forget about the ogre! Here's my dwarf!

Ghostknight: If it isn't OK to play a gold dwarf from the FR book, I can change it. I just thought that it would be more suitable to have bonuses against aberrations in this game.

Racid Stonefist
Male gold dwarf Ftr1/Bar2: CR 3; Medium-size humanoid (dwarf); HD 1d10+3 plus 2d12+6; hp 43; Init +3; Spd 30ft.; AC 20 (touch 13, flat-footed 20); Atk +7 melee (1d8+3/x3, warhammer), +6 ranged (1d6+1, throwing axe); SQ Gold dwarven traits, rage, uncanny dodge (Dex bonus to AC); AL NG; SV Fort +8, Ref +3, Will -1; Str 16, Dex 16, Con 16, Int 12, Wis 8, Cha 8.
Skills and Feats: Climb +1, Craft (armormaking) +9, Craft (weaponsmithing) +9, Intimidate +5, Jump +0, Survival +5, Swim -7; Diehard, Endurance, Improved Unarmed Strike.
Special Qualities: Gold dwarven traits: +1 racial attack bonus against aberrations, darkvision 60 ft., stonecunning, +2 on saves against poison, +2 on saves against spells, +4 dodge bonus against giants, +2 racial bonus on Appraise checks or Craft checks related to stone or metal.
Possessions: Masterwork; spiked breastplate, masterwork; heavy; steel shield, masterwork warhammer, 2 throwing axes, backpack (consists at least: bedroll, flint and steel, grappling hook, silk rope, climbers kit, masterwork tool), 1657gp, 9sp.
Other: Carrying capacity: light load –76lb., medium load 77-153lb., heavy load 154-230lb., current load 86lb.(medium); Height 5’3”; Weight 158lb.; Age 59 years.

Dark brown ponytail bouncing on his back when charging the enemy, long beard covering half of his chest, look of a mad-man in his eyes, a heavy warhammer raised ready for a mighty blow and very... sharp armor makes him a fiersome sight on the battlefield. This is the kind of guy you don’t want to meet in close-encounter. He’s known to beat up an ogre dead with bare hands when he lost his hammer during the battle.

He was born in another town, which fell in a siege. With nothing to defend he left the ruins and started wandering in the wilderness. He caught up with one of the caravans of Tumil and found a home inside its protecting walls. Now trusted and loyal member of the Tumil’s militia, he’s always ready to fight besides with his trusted friends among the militia or beside an anvil making weapons and armor for others. When there’s nobody to fight, nothing is more relaxing than to start a fistfight in the local tavern. Other times –especially when banned from the tavern- he works as a mercenary looking over trading caravans, if there are any. When needed he can also be a scout guarding the far edges of Tumil’s borders. In a nutshell, he’s always there for Tumil!

Last edited:

Remove ads