A1- Lost Knowledge of Arcanix(Wik Judging)

Graybeard

Explorer
Nuria surveys the scene with abject horror. She has never witnessed such poverty. She knew people who were temporarily in need of a job or a loan but nothing like this. She is beginning to realize just how sheltered her life has been.

Are all the camps like this? Can't these poor people find employment? Surely there are plenty of people hiring trained mercenaries and such for dangerous trips to Xen'Drik?

ooc; let's play out the beginning of the scene and then transition to the 'days after healing'? I assume each PC is completely healed? Also, I'm not sure if the group would stay in the camps for that long... comrades?

The literal weight on his shoulders seem nothing compared to the strain in Wulfcyne’s face upon seeing the plight of his fellows, regardless of their nationality, as he responds, ’Tha War’s wounds be deep lass, an’ long lastin’. These be tha silent victims o’ the violence. The flesh tha be used up an’ spit ou’ by tha grisly grinda tha’ be ‘Advancement’

His face darkening, the warrior surveys the tent city of the lost, broken, and hidden as he continues, ’Ain’t nobody carin’ fer these folk, they been cas’ aside an each be worse off than tha udder. Lady, they sick o’ fightin’, they sick o’ dyin’, they sick o’ tha nightmare… but they ain’ given no succor.’

Shaking his conical helmed head, the warrior lumbers into the camp, leading the group onward.

Graybeard

Explorer
Is there nothing that can be done? Are there no skills that they have that can be used to make a peaceful living? What about farming? Surely the farmers could use additional help? I've often heard that farming is as much a strong back as it is anything else. Nuria asks the warrior.

She continues to gaze at the huddled masses in wonder\horror as she contemplates what could be done for these poor folk.

Giving a slight shrug, the veteran soldier responds, 'Difficult ta battle such despair. Canne use a blade, nor a hammer, nor tha prospect o' work. Ye got-ta be understandin' tha fer these'n folk, there ain' no reason ta wanna build nothin'. They done loss their'n drive ta make sumptin' good. They done loss their belief in society...they been let down one time too many, neh?'

Still unbowed, though his physical and no doubt emotional burden is heavy, Wulfcyne walks on through the sea of veterans he could easily have joined in another life.

Moggthegob

First Post
A grisly-looking man who seems to be missing both of his hands and has a small spatula on the one hand and a hook on the other. he tugs on Nuria's dress and looks up Listen, Miss. Miss. I knae ye dinnae like the look o' meh , an' I a bit shame to ask but its been four days an' I could really use a meal. Ye got any? Ye look like you gotsome money to spare, can ye really let an ol' soldier die. I fought fer this coun'ry. Ain't me fault that I dis way.

Wulfcyne freezes at the maimed man's miserable state and story. Standing tall, the old soldier keeps his eyes out for an ambush, ready to drop Links' body at a moment notice to defend himself and the group.

Solange

First Post
OOC: Sorry, had an emergancy. I'm back and catching up. On a side note, when do we deal with XP? Given Koh'tara was 1st level, she'd probably at least close to 2nd.

Koh'Tara follows the group silently, lost in contemplative thought, after making sure no one in the party is actually dead.

ooc; ahhhh, XP.... good to have you back Solange

Wulfcyne continues to scan the scene for any signs of danger, stepping near Koh'Tara and asking quietly, 'Wha' say ye 'bout all dis, Wise Woman?'

Graybeard

Explorer
With a pleading look in her eyes, Nuria turns to Wulfcyne.

Is there nothing we can do to help these poor people? I have a little money. Perhaps we can send for some basic food. Some stew or something?

Turning a hard cold and perhaps even slightly tortured look upon the well to do House member and remarks matter of factly, 'Yer heart be in'a good place Lady, save we gotta mission ta get to, neh? Give what ye like, but we ain't here ta save these folk, why na ask yer all powerful House ta spare some vittels? Fer now, le's be on our'n way.'

Remove ads