• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A1- Lost Knowledge of Arcanix(Wik Judging)

Kaodi

Hero
Makharat is not impressed by the twisted logic of the foolish Southlanders. First they ignore an insult done to him that he could have easily decided to settle with blood had he not been taking into consideration their delusions about honour. Then they claim he is a coward for heading off alone into danger. The Dean ought to prove amenable to his simple condition for payment however, which should allow him to avoid having to deal with these half-wits again. A pity the elf had not remained with them. Surely she would understand honour even where that hobgoblin had failed to remember the most basic lessons of her people.

Graybeard

Explorer
Nuria, her anger and frustration rising even further with the situation, turns to the group brifely.
I'm going after him. I want you all to stay here, even you Links. Wulfcyne, you need to apologize. You've been taunting Makharat since I met you. I'm surprised he hasn't tried to kill you yet.

Then she turns and runs after Makharat wondering if she is doing the right thing.

Wulfcyne steps directly in Nuria's path, blocking her progress as he states, 'Hand tha papers over afore ye go, Lady. As fer 'pologies, mayhap ye should be askin' Koh'Tara an' Links how Makharat even got ta be on this here mission. Cause I seem ta 'member me stickin' my own damn neck out fer him. Nay, I be done with 'im an' 'is disrespectful tongue. Good Riddence ta Bad Rubbish, as me Ma used ta say. Now, ye should be givin' tha papers ta Links er me fer safe keepin'.

The Warrior does not look like he'll be swayed on the point.

Mellubb

First Post
"I agree that Wulfcyne should keep the papers while we move to confront Mahkarat. Also, if he choses not to join us we need to let the dean know before we continue. I doubt the dean will want to pay Makharat for not returning the research. I also doubt the dean will survive if he refuses to pay.
Lady Nuria with all due respect I will not allow you to confront him without me. I will remain silent if you wish, but I will be there in case the situation escalates into violence."

Graybeard

Explorer
Nuria will hand over the papers top Wulfcyne temporarily while she goes to confront Makharat.

We'll discuss when I get back. Anyone know how much it costs for an airship and how fast we can get one to Arcanix?

I'll be back soon, I hope.

Then she runs after the retreating warrior.

Wulfcyne gladly takes the papers and tries to shield them from the sight of any who may be watching. Still, the warrior looks to Links and asks quietly, 'Good luck ta ya, shielder.'

Moving to Koh'Tara, the Warrior gives the Wise Woman a look saying 'what now?'

Last edited:

Wulfcyne snorts in amused futility as the 'forged runs off.

Turning to Koh'Tara the warrior watches the majority of the group disappear into the Trongs of people and asks, 'Wha' should we be doin'? I ain' so sure we be safe waitin' here. Though we two could be defendin' this here buildin' easily."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads