• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A1- Lost Knowledge of Arcanix(Wik Judging)

Kaodi

Hero
Makharat calmly wipes off his face as a demonic smile slowly splits his face. " Not only are you a fool, but you are a coward too, " he says. " No true warrior would debase himself with such a childish act. If you enjoy the muck so much, get out of my sight and go shovel dung in the pig styes of the countryside. That is all you are good for. "

Spitting on the ground at Wulfcyne's feet, he growls, " I will not go a step further with this piece of Southland garbage. The rest of you must choose whom you would rather call your comrade: that soiled baby standing over there, or myself. "

Smirking as Makharat's ire is raised, Wulfcyne seems amused by the tiefling warrior's words and is obviously unfazed as he glances to Koh'Tara, Links, and Nuria for their reactions.

Graybeard

Explorer
Anger and frustration showing in her youthful features, Nuria screams.

Arg! Why can't the two of you simply stop antagonizing each other? If you want to kill each other, fine! Just do it AFTER we finish the mission! If you want to stay here and fight, then so be it! I've got a job to do. If I run into my House or Kundurak or anyone else, I'll take care of them myself!

With that, she grabs the research papers, turns, and storms off.

Mellubb

First Post
As soon as she turns to look all she can see is the chest of her large warforged protector. Seeing the hurt in her eyes he looks at her as she turns he says "I will remain with you until the end. Unless you want me to leave." He says the last sentence with somber in his voice fearing she may now see him as a ineffective guardian.

Becoming uneasy as Nuria flees the situation, along with his meal ticket, but not seeming surprised in the least as Links stomps after her, Wulfcyne holds his ground in the dingy retreat the group has been using.

The large warrior's scarred face is stoic as he awaits Koh'Tara's reply, though his eyes continually shift to track Nuria and Links until the two are out of sight.

Graybeard

Explorer
After Nuria and Links are out of sight of the rest of the group, Nuria stops and turns to Links.

Why do the two of them have to be so stubborn? We have a job to do. We all agreed to the terms so what's so difficult about finishing it? she says esasperated.

I should just blast them all with a minor spell.

Graybeard

Explorer
Nuria and Links return to the rest of the group hoping that Makharat and Wulfcyne haven't done anything rash like attacking or killing each other, at least not yet. Nuria has an odd gleam in her eyes as she confronts the two imposing (to her anyway) warriors.

Gentlemen, I have a proposal for you. We need to return to Arcanix one way or another. We were hired to find and return the research. I intend to do exactly that but I need your help. If you can just refrain from antagonizing each other long enough that is. I'm not sure you can. However, it is obvious that there are other groups that will stop at nothing to get the research. I do not intent to let any of them have it, including my House. Don't get me wrong, it would be very easy to hand it over to them and get rewarded. I would probably get a bigger reward from them than I would from Arcanix. My parents taught me to always keep your promises and I promised Dean Gray that I would assist in locating the research and returning it to him. We have succeeded in the first half of that due to the efforts and bloodshed of all of us. Until further notice, we are a team and must act like it.

Pausing to catch her breath, she continues,

Now, the only question I have is how do we return to Arcanix. Everyone is expecting us to return using the lightning rail. We should find and use an alternate method. We could travel with a caravan from House Orien, go by airship, or some combination. Any questions or objections?

Remove ads