• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Acquana's Art Thread -- Closed, New Thread Started

Acquana

First Post
*falls into catatonic cute seizure*

omg ... omg so adorable. I opened the color version and was glowing for hours. You give her a big hug for me. ^_^

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Acquana said:
*falls into catatonic cute seizure*

omg ... omg so adorable. I opened the color version and was glowing for hours. You give her a big hug for me. ^_^

Already done and I'll go the extra mile and even buy her a donut on the way to school tomorrow. ;)

I didn't think to mention it before but one thing I thought was really cute about the way she colored the picture was that she insisted that we go get Rainbow Cat and set him on the living room floor. She really studied him hard to determine what colors he had on him and put those on the picture. Not necessarily in the same places and with the same precision...but I guess every budding artist has to start somewhere, right?

Anyhow, Acquana, you're doing a good thing here in this thread. Your art is great and the way you're using it is one of the nicest, most generous things I've seen here at ENWorld (and that's saying a LOT - this place is awesome). I hope you're proud of yourself and the work you've done.

Acquana

First Post
03/01/05

Rel said:
Already done and I'll go the extra mile and even buy her a donut on the way to school tomorrow. ;)

I didn't think to mention it before but one thing I thought was really cute about the way she colored the picture was that she insisted that we go get Rainbow Cat and set him on the living room floor. She really studied him hard to determine what colors he had on him and put those on the picture. Not necessarily in the same places and with the same precision...but I guess every budding artist has to start somewhere, right?

Anyhow, Acquana, you're doing a good thing here in this thread. Your art is great and the way you're using it is one of the nicest, most generous things I've seen here at ENWorld (and that's saying a LOT - this place is awesome). I hope you're proud of yourself and the work you've done.

Dude, you freakin rock. Thanks. ^_^

*sigh*

Well, today's drawing then. It's a little cheap to do this, but my sister Goergia and her husband Scott do a webcomic. I love it, and I've never done any fan art for them, so here it is!

Scooter and Ferret is the continuing adventures of Ferret the ferret and a lazy dog named Scooter who share a house together. Ferret aspires to become an animator, but the industry is in terrible shape, and most of his friends are happy doing nothing at all. The strip is hilarious and suitable for all ages. The girl is Maridee, and I know some of you might look at this strip (a hot chick hanging out with animals and not really noticing this) as a rip-off of Liberty Meadows, but thankfully Scooter and Ferret isn't some dude's cheap rip-off of Bloom County as an excuse to draw cheesecake.

03_01_05.jpg

Last edited:

Those . . . frikkin . . . eyebrows! Argh! Loved the dog and the ferret (though the chick always looks a little funny the way Scott draws her). But the dog's little . . . things. So weird.

Niftiness.

Keep squeezing them monkeys, Lad.

ledded

Herder of monkies
Rel said:
Yeah, that'd be swell. And after that you could maybe go UPDATE YOUR STORY HOUR. If the mood struck you and all...;)

Ouch. Heh. Guess I deserved that :).

Rel said:

Dude, it's shocking how often our routines cross like that. I just did the same thing not 3 hours ago. I'd love to post up a SH and pics of the little adventures I take my son and twin girls on, but for now Mom forbids pics and mention of the kids on the internet. I keep telling her that we'd only have to block AOL to keep all the creepy peep's away, but she wont budge :).

Acquana, thanks for the cool webcomic links, I've now added a another new gem to my list. And feel free to link us to any cheeseca...er, "comics" you like in the future :) (just kidding).

Seriously, I loved todays drawing and "Scotter and Ferret". They've picked up a new reader now.

Acquana

First Post
^_^ New readers for Scooter and Ferret always appreciated. For some reason they have a big following somewhere in east Europe. o_O

Wellp, this is a sort of partial update. The webcomic illo is coming within the hour, but first I wanted to update a request from a little while back.

Rangerwickett said:
Jess, I have a game master, Tom Jones, whom I want to get a gift for March Fo(u)rth for GMs Day. I'd like to commission you to illustrate his character from my last game. I need it done by March 2nd, and it doesn't need to be colored or inked, just very cleanly penciled. Pencil fits the guy's style better, since he always tended to make things up as he went along.

The character is named Rantle, or more appropriately now Lord Rantle of Innenotdar. He's a human warrior, but most people think he's a bard because he sings. Yes, Tom Jones played a singing character. Great, huh?

Rantle is one of those classic Aragorn-esque heroes at first glance -- tall, commanding, strong but not beefy, a little sneaky, dates a beautiful Elfwoman who eventually became his wife. But he actually is quite the charming rogue, and before he fell in love with the lady Shalosha, he was renowned for playing the field. In combat he'll shout commands and encouragement, but he's just as likely to spit out an insult at something stupid his foe is doing. Imagine if Gambit played Aragorn.

Mid-length hair, a short mustache-goatee that shows off his smile, charming eyes. This is a glamour shot, so he should be wearing light armor with a dramatic cloak -- the armor should be visible just enough that you know it's there, but not so much that it looks like he's ready to fight. Of course, his most signature item is his sword, the Dream Sword of Innenotdar. It is a wooden greatsword, and though the edges of the blade are smooth and sharp, the flat of the blade has that wonderful rough wood-carving look to it. The blade is flaming, providing dramatic lighting.

But that's not all. Rantle needs to be accompanied by the woman he loves, the beautiful, Shalosha. She is beautiful in the classical Elvish way, thin with a large chest, silver blonde hair that cascades across her shoulders, and blue, magical eyes. Her face is angular but still enchanting. She is a warrior and a mage, and so she should have a slender longsword that glows halfway to being a light saber, and long robes like a well-endowed, better color-coordinated Lina Inverse.

Two poses are possible. The first would be a simple standing side by side, perhaps posing, Rantle with his arm around Shalosha. The other, more fun, would be their first kiss. She's stabbing him through the belly with her longsword, and he is leaning in close for a kiss before he passes out. Though she wanted to kill him at the time, Shalosha admired his dedication, and later began to fall for him. Romantic, huh?

First off, Rangerwickett got the image earlier today and so Tom Jones of Atlanta has a copy of the image, and I'll be mailing the original to him soon. The rest of you get to see it because Rangerwickett insisted.

This is the sketch all of you in the thread would see. Sketchy and lacking any real detail, but showing the general idea of what I'm going for.

03_02_05b.jpg

And this is the finished piece! Rangerwickett only wanted a pencil sketch, so that's what I gave him. At some point if I get commissioned for ink or color I can show you, or just head over to my portfolio page. Lotsa stuff there.

RantleShalosha.jpg

Acquana

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
RW posted that in another thread, and I'll say here what I said there.

That's awesome. I especially love the expression on her face. :)

He did?! He didn't tell me that. ^_^;;

But hey! Now I gotta look for this ...

Acquana

First Post
03/02/05

Wow, I've been getting a lot of replies the last two days. ^_^

Anyhoo. I was looking through the web comics I read and discovered that only two of them are suitable for younger readers. I am slightly dismayed by this fact, but not enough to do anything about it. Lord knows I read enough webcomics as is.

Today is a not-suitable for those younger than 17. I knew the guy who writes and illustrates Dead Man's Party, and he's a seriously funny guy. The strip is pretty funny too, though not nearly as funny as he is. Dead Man's Party follows the unlife of a ghost, Mike, as he struggles to find his place in the aftermath of death. He's the one in the chains, just so ya know. Beside him is an acquaintance, Abby, who haunts the same appartment complex as him.

03_02_05.jpg

Maybe if I give this to him he'll update again. ^_^;;

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads