• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Acquana's Art Thread -- Closed, New Thread Started

Rel

Liquid Awesome
WOW, I too followed the link you posted in the Samantha the Red Story Hour and I am humbled and overjoyed by the picture. Awesome!

Thank you, Acquana, from the bottom of my heart.

I hope you have no objections to my using this as the new wallpaper for my computer.

Acquana

First Post
Oh thank you, everyone! You're welcome, Rel, and of course! Use it as you wish. Sorry, Punkorange, I misread. And I've been rather snippy in real life the last few days. ^_^;;

And no, Clueless, I don't ink. These are very quick sketches, each usually taking less than half an hour apiece, and simply run through Adobe Photoshop. I make sure the image is in black and white, and then adjust the levels to sharpen my outlines and get rid of most of the underdrawing.

More to come! And thanks for the replies. :D

Clueless

Webmonkey
What hardness pencil? I'm curious b/c I've been trying to get my own work that *clean* on a scan and it's sort of making me boggle. ;)

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Acquana said:
Oh thank you, everyone! You're welcome, Rel, and of course! Use it as you wish.

I printed out a copy of it and showed Samantha when she got home from school today. She immediately recognized it as being her, Egg Wizard and Rainbow Cat. She immediately wanted to color it so I let her. If you'd like then I'll post a scan of her "colorization" of the picture tomorrow. Then again, you may want to remember it how you drew it in the first place instead of scribbled on in the way that only a 3 year old can do.

Thanks again. My wife was really pleased too.

Acquana

First Post
Awwwwwww

Of course I'd like to see it! *blush* Your child bombards the senses with adorable, that's why I simply couldn't resist a drawing!

And the way I usually draw is with either a soft lead pencil or a col-erase blue pencil for the underdrawing. Then I go in with either a .5 or a .7 lead mechanical pencil to do the contour lines and important bits.

Acquana

First Post
02/28/05

Hey, hey, hey! Guess what time it is? Time for another semi-weekly assignment! This time it's webcomics I like!

Girly follows the saying that a friend of mine during college would say: Lesbians make everything better. Pretty much every comic this guy draws has got lesbians in it. But anyway, Girly is great. I can't hate it despite it being some dude's chance to draw a lot of cheescake. It's got some really great, likable characters, and you really do wanna find out what's next. BTW, probably not for young readers. You know. I'd call it PG-13.

02_28_05.jpg

From cute kids to lesbians. Ahh, it's like 11th grade all over again.

Jess, remind me, did you ever do Sluggy fan-art? Homestar? Not technically a webcomic, but merely a clever facsimile.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Let's see if I can attach my scan of the colorized Samantha the Red (I'm betting I'll have the same problem I've been having with the Story Hour)...Nope. The best I can do is a .rar file. Hopefully you can open that, Acquana.

Thank you again.

Attachments

• Colorized Samantha.rar
    97.6 KB · Views: 209

ledded

Herder of monkies
Oh man Rel, that just made my day. Now I wanna go home and hug my girls, and then lead them on another adventure myself.

Acquana, I love your work. You command of perspective, even in your quicker sketches, is impeccable. I'm glad I found your thread, I'll keep my eyes open for new stuff.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
ledded said:
Oh man Rel, that just made my day. Now I wanna go home and hug my girls, and then lead them on another adventure myself.

Yeah, that'd be swell. And after that you could maybe go UPDATE YOUR STORY HOUR. If the mood struck you and all...;)

Remove ads