• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

AD&D 2nd reprints, covers revealed

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
I'd have bought this in a heartbeat if it were the original 2e printing, but I really didn't like the art, layout, and typesetting of the revised edition. I guess it's a nostalgia thing.

Swedish Chef

Adventurer
Not going to pay for those with that out of of alignment price exchange. The Canadian dollar has been near-par with the green back for 5 years now. At the current exchange rate, the Canadian price should be ~$51.50, not $58. Sigh. I would have grabbed the MM otherwise. I don't know why, but I loved that book. I should have never sold it with the rest of my 2ed books.

eondesigner

Explorer
Covers are quite nice but, you can pick these books up on ebay for next nothing. Cheap enough that you could print out and paste on whatever cover you wanted, or is that going too far?

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
Not far enough! The interiors are the bland revised versions with the terrible artwork (produced after WotC acquired TSR). Player's Option era. Bleh.

(I liked the content of those books, but the typesetting and updated art was horrendous to my eyes.)

JeffB

Legend
The covers are great..finally saw them in person. But I just cannot deal with revised edition fuggliness for full price or at discount. I will pick up another set of original covers if need be.

JeffB

Legend
I should add...

Not that there isn't some horrendous art in the originals...some of it boggles my mind that any art director would OK it. But there is some great art in there too.

Moreso, I much prefer the fonts, and layout of the original 2e books.

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
Regardless of who was at the helm (because I don't particularly *care*), I still hold that the art, layout, and overall look in the revised edition was *bloody awful*.

Pedantic arguments abound!

Remove ads