D&D General 50th Anniversary- Are You Not Entertained?

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Here is an article on the Pop Tarts (Frosted Goodberry):

Looks like Pop Tarts can be used in the material components for Tasha's hideous laughter.

Edited to add: Hmmm... looks like that is from 2020, back when Tasha's Cauldron of Everything came out. Maybe we will see new Pop Tarts?
As unlikely as it seems, Pop Tarts has some sort of mad genius coming up with new short-term flavors all the time. Some of these are terrible, but others are shockingly good. (You will feel guilty eating a banana bread Pop Tart instead of just making banana bread. But you will definitely finish the Pop Tart happily.)

I'd love for them to get crazy with D&D flavors.

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
Nothing! Much to @Snarf Zagyg's disappointment, no doubt.

As @Mannahnin said, I was playing on Snarf's inexplicable distaste for bards. (A small part of me thinks @Mannahnin spoiled a golden opportunity... which made me laugh! 😃 )

I was scared for a moment. Considering the last version of the Bard seen became unplayable due to the removal of the three lists I thought I had missed an announcement removing bards (like they are doing with half elves and half orcs).

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
As unlikely as it seems, Pop Tarts has some sort of mad genius coming up with new short-term flavors all the time. Some of these are terrible, but others are shockingly good. (You will feel guilty eating a banana bread Pop Tart instead of just making banana bread. But you will definitely finish the Pop Tart happily.)

I'd love for them to get crazy with D&D flavors.
Gross. Poptarts are like bad cookies filled with fun dip. :sick:

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
I was scared for a moment. Considering the last version of the Bard seen became unplayable due to the removal of the three lists I thought I had missed an announcement removing bards (like they are doing with half elves and half orcs).
When did the bard become unplayable (in the non-Snarf sense)?

scruffygrognard

Adventurer
My totally unrealistic, 50th anniversary wishlist shares some of @Snarf Zagyg's items:

• A proper boxed set for Greyhawk, complete with a beautiful map of The Flanaess, an in-depth setting book, and a player's guide with rules for species, classes, clerical domains, etc.
  • A tremendous boxed set of Castle Greyhawk, with large maps of each dungeon level and multiple books. I REALLY hoped that WotC would have worked out a deal with the newly managed Gygax estate to get that done.
  • Reprints of the OD&D white box set, with the original art.
  • The Best of Dragon. It would compile iconic magazine covers and articles, from the Strategic review through the release of 2nd edition AD&D.

Last edited:

Remove ads