D&D General 50th Anniversary- Are You Not Entertained?

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
no idea, the first anniversary book is Vecna in May, so could be anything from Feb 24 -Feb 25 to May 24 - May 25, depending on what else is being released
The first rolled out the 50th anniversary logo in early Jan of this year. The video was last week.
Celebrating an anniversary should never be merely about books.

mamba

Legend
The first rolled out the 50th anniversary logo in early Jan of this year. The video was last week.
Celebrating an anniversary should never be merely about books.
since it definitely goes to Feb 2025, showing the logo is out as a start date. The video theoretically is too, as it is more than a year from the MM release, but at least it is in the same month, so maybe we take that, unless they squeeze something else into March/April 2025

Zardnaar

Legend
I'm sure that can't be right. After all, we're told repeatedly on other threads that the main reason D&D in general and 5E in particular sells so well is because of all the advertising.

Unless of course that's not the reason. :unsure:

Biggest reason I think is right product right place right time and positive reception in a mature social media environment. 4E got negative reception in infant social media environment and the other editions it's not applicable.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
no idea, the first anniversary book is Vecna in May, so could be anything from Feb 24 -Feb 25 to May 24 - May 25, depending on what else is being released
Well, o, the thing is thst the second week of February 1984 was the original release daye: and theybare now starting to roll out the celebrations, culminating in the new MM at the end of the 50th year.

mamba

Legend
Well, o, the thing is thst the second week of February 1984 was the original release daye: and theybare now starting to roll out the celebrations, culminating in the new MM at the end of the 50th year.
I am perfectly fine with that, just hedging my bets against another 50th anniversary book in March or April 25 ;)

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
I think you might be off by a decade or so there...

Oofta

Legend
Biggest reason I think is right product right place right time and positive reception in a mature social media environment. 4E got negative reception in infant social media environment and the other editions it's not applicable.

I suspect that maybe, just maybe, the rules have something to do with it as well. 🤷

Remove ads