• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adapting Forge of Fury for 9th level

Dolza

First Post
First off, i hope this is on the right board?

Any ideas woule be greatly appreciated! If you've run this before and have any tips or just have an idea of a good monster or upgrade to the existing ones, let em fly! If i haven't given enough info just let me know and i'll give you what details i can. My PCs are all 9th level. So far I have

Psiwarrior 9
Ftr7/Sor1/Wereboar 1
Mnk5/Wiz4
Bbn1/Ftr8 w/Shujenga 6 follower
Cle3/Wiz3/Mystic Theurge 3

I've only DMed for about a year. Now, I'm about to start up a game again. When we left off everyone had reached ninth level. I want to drop in the Forge of Fury adventure since it fits in really well with an old hook. The problem is it's a low level adventure. I don't want to be overly ambitious so i'm just going to concentrate on the "first floor" the Mountain Door. With an adventure like this is it easier to just advance the monsters or replace them a stronger one? Also for traps, to i just upgrade DCs and damaging affects or change them completely?

Mountain Door:
I want to keep the orcs here and add either class levels or some kind of template. I haven't used templates very much so i dont know which ones would be most beneficial for all the orcs on this level?

The Ogre and Wolves encounter: Advancing the Ogre is easy but i want something more interesting than wolves to menace the PCs, displacer beasts? howlers? something stronger?

The adept and apprectices: Is the adept class enough to challenge my PCs or do i need to make her a cleric of some sort? I'm just going to advance the stirges that lead to the next level and add a bunch of them to reflect her feeding and taking care of them.

Now, if the easy answer is to just advance the heck out of stuff and move on then i'll go about doing that. Thanks again for any help

dolza

Dolza

First Post
More directed question

Well, i guess i was too vague or this idea lacks interest.

Since i haven't run in a while, what i'm really looking for is what would another DM use to challenge a 9th level party?

Help, please?

Davelozzi

Explorer
I started an extremely similar thread in General last week and got at least a couple of responses.

Here's the link.

Maybe if a moderator sees this he/she can combine the threads?

Remove ads