Adv: A Night at the Opera; Judge TwoHeadsBarking

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Everything you've received so far is listed in the first post of the thread.

Gold + gems + art so far equal 1130 gp all together, not counting the residium since that is a direct result of the loss of Incarnations Magic Items.[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Treasure]Ah.

Okay, anyone called the amulet of protection? That's the one item of the main set I am missing.

It is a level 6 items so I'd give up my share of the gold (and possibly of the next treasure if required to even things out).

In fact, it's probably best to let all the gold to the two PCs without items, so they can buy one.
[/sblock]

-''Yes. Rest for the night. That means we're back to the tavern for rounds of drinks. Curfew is at two in the morning; We have to be well rested for tomorrow.'' Hadrak says reasonably.

Nebten

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Whoa, where did that Amulet come from? It wasn't on the previous list of magic items, but its was on the goblin =v). Dane would also be interested in that and he'd be happy to give Hadrak his Amulet +1 [/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Ok, so clearly I can't add and no one else is writing things down when I give you stuff.

Nebten is correct. The Amulet is listed on the first page, the amulet was listed when you actually received the treasure, but I failed to mention the amulet in the post describing how the items were identified. I blame the ghost of Mauros.

So that's five items between six people. . . that makes more sense.[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=Treasure]So, itemwise we have (and claimants):
- Obsidian Horse (Lvl 5): Rurdev (or gold)
- Arcanist's Glasses (Lvl 3): None
- Oathblade Longsword +1 (Lvl 4): Qynn
- Boots of Spider Climbing (Lvl 5): Sheng
- Amulet of Protection +2 (Lvl 6): Dane (trade his +1) and Hadrak

Looking over what folks have:
- Incarnation (Lvl 3): None (all destroyed, but residuum for lvl 3 & lvl 6 item)
- Dane (Lvl 2): Amulet of Protection +1 (Lvl 1), Heavy Shield of Protection (Lvl 3), Reckless Waraxe (Lvl 3)
- Rurdev (Lvl 3): Brooch of Shielding +1 (Lvl 3), Lightning Scimitar +1 (Lvl 5)
- Sheng (Lvl 1): None
- Qynn (Lvl 1): None
- Hadrack (Lvl 3): Symbol of Divine Reach (Lvl 3), Rebuking Chainmail (Lvl 4)

Per DMG, a character should get 4 items and one gold over 5 levels. Dane is ahead of the curve (is one item ahead, though he will be at third, so that is three for three). Sheng & Qynn will both be getting one item from the pool so they're set. Incarnation (who will be fourth) had only two, and not the gold to make up for it; Rurdev & Hadrack are in a similar situation. There is not enough "gold" for 2 lvl 3 payouts, let along 3. There also isn't enough for a lvl 2 and level 3 payout (I checked).

My suggestions:
- Obsidian Horse (Lvl 5): Rurdev
- Arcanist's Glasses (Lvl 3): Incarnation
- Oathblade Longsword +1 (Lvl 4): Qynn
- Boots of Spider Climbing (Lvl 5): Sheng
- Amulet of Protection +2 (Lvl 6): Hadrak
- 520 gp: Dane
- 610gp: Split by the party

its not ideal. Neither Rurdev nor Incarnation get an item they want. Dane doesn't get an Amulet +2. But someone gets something.

SC: Does that 1130gp include selling the potions or not (don't have time to price all the mundane items)?

As an aside: This is one reason I prefer the parcel system, as it makes balancing treasure outs easier. By that system, the parcels used by PCs are:
- Incarnation (Lvl 3): n+2 (Rod @ lvl 1), n+3 (Gauntlets @ lvl 3) [Missing parcel @ lvl 2: 138gp short of a gold parcel at that level]
- Dane (Lvl 2): n+2 (Shield & lvl 1), n+1 (Waraxe & lvl 2); extra gold for amulet
- Rurdev (Lvl 3): n (Brooch & lvl 3), n+4 (Scimitar & Lvl 1) [Missing parcel @ lvl 2: 138gp short of a gold parcel at that level]
- Sheng (Lvl 1): None (n+4 if he takes boots)
- Qynn (Lvl 1): None (n+2 if he takes sword)
- Hadrack (Lvl 3): n+2 (holy symbol @ lvl 1), n+2 again (armor @ lvl 2)
[/sblock]

Nebten

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Just keep in mind that Dane bought his Amulet +1, it was not in a parcel. Incarnation & Rurdev could also buy such an item since they have more then 360 gp stored. So there is equal reasoning why they shouldn't get a magic item.

In the end, the gold and two healing potions are kosher with me. Don't sell the potions for pete's sake! They are worth are lot more if one person has them then the 3gp each we get out of them. [/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
"R-R-Rest it is then. I'll t-t-take the horse."

[sblock=ooc]I'll take the horse, should come in handy eventually. I'll take a suit of chainmail too. My sheet should be done tonight. I'll send out for approval then.[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I will reiterate "more treasure coming". Which will of course change everything. It may be best to settle a little bit now, because there will likely have to be some adjustments before this is all said and done.

While we're doing math, when I originally picked the treasure (and we have not seen all the treasure I picked) I took each characters level compared it to items received as treasure (so not Danes Amulet) and tried to match up items I thought people would like to their place on the magic item curve.

I did not take into account current other wealth, as I knew PCs would not nessecarily take what I thought they would like. As it turns out I'm right about being wrong.

I did not add in potions to the total gold given just a post or so ago.

I do not beleieve you can sell mundane items for gold.[/sblock]

Remove ads