Adv: Rhapsody; Judge: renau1g

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Cairn takes the rope and pulls at the huge bear. Satisfied the beast could hold him, he binds another support, this one little lighter, to his back, then remembers something and finds few pitons or other sharp objects and one hammer. He then lowers himself over the side of the ship. Going carefully hand over hand, he braces himself and brings the support out, bracing it against the hull of the ship and securing it with other pieces of junk. May not be pretty or hold too long, but as long as they land for proper repairs, all's good.

Acrobatics; Athletics (Climb) with Christina bonus (1d20+4=11, 1d20+11+2=19) - failed acrobatics means this negates cristina's bonus for total roll of 17

Last edited:

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Narvala thinks that the elemental was disturbed by the PCs landing into the airship. It might have something to do with how long the elemental has been attached to the old ship, but the airship dropping altitude and the jarring landing of the PCs probably woke the elemental up and reminded it that it was a prisoner of the ship. Some type of assurance by those controlling it that everything is ok might help.

Shouting this out to Nyar will give Nyar a +2 circumstance bonus to his attempts to control or aid the Captain in controlling the elemental.

johnmeier1

Explorer
Baern tries to stay on his feet as he moves to help brace Cairn from falling by guiding the rope supporting the warforged.

OOC: Acrobatics to keep footing, does Stand Your Ground help a dwarf?
Athletics to aid another Cairn

drothgery

First Post
Narvala thinks that the elemental was disturbed by the PCs landing into the airship. It might have something to do with how long the elemental has been attached to the old ship, but the airship dropping altitude and the jarring landing of the PCs probably woke the elemental up and reminded it that it was a prisoner of the ship. Some type of assurance by those controlling it that everything is ok might help.

Shouting this out to Nyar will give Nyar a +2 circumstance bonus to his attempts to control or aid the Captain in controlling the elemental.
Narvala relays what she learned to Nyar and the Captain.

FourMonos

First Post
Nyar rushes over to the control booth.

"Master Captain, I can be of assistance. I've studied elementals and tinkered a bit in arcano-mechanics. If you'll just allow me to..."

Nyar's fingers fly over the controls, adjusting the gauges and dials, all of his movements seem to control the aggressive cycling of the elemental and the struggling binding ring.

The lurching ship did not seem to bother the mage as he works.

[sblock=acrobatics 16] 1d20+6 → [10,6] = (16) Roll Lookup [/sblock]

[sblock=arcana check to control elemental from the control counsel] 1d20+13+2 → [19,13,2] = (34) Roll Lookup [/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Baern holds Cairn steady, but Cairn appears to attach the support beam incorrectly. The combined weight of Cairn and the beam he brings over actually bend the ship's beam a bit instead of bracing it. The elemental fire flairs around the device on that side of the ship. These side beams are trickier, maybe if two people brace it instead of one and don't try to do it so quickly, it would work better.

At the other end of the ship, Nyar and the Captain try to mentally control the elemental. As he touches the controls, Nyar is brought into a world he has never been in before. A world of thought where strange objects fly around, bouncing into himself. He views the thoughts of the Elemental as a chaotic flame, jumping from thought to thought. He views the thoughts of the Captain as a dim shadowy light of blue, encompassing the elemental, slowly trying to calm it and compress it smaller while protecting it from the other random thoughts flying around. He appears that the Captain is being slightly successful when something causes the Elemental thoughts to surge again.

His own thought appears to be dim shadowy green in hue, so he wraps his thought around that of the Captain and the Elemental. As he does so, many of the other strange objects collide into his thought and he suddenly realizes that he doesn't know his way back out of this strange world.

In the real world, Nyar stops moving and sweat starts appearing at his temples.

The captain yells out "What are you doing? These controls are only meant for one person." Nyar hears none of this, lost in a different world.

[sblock=OOC]
Cairn fails.

Nyar succeeds.

3 Successes, 1 Failure

Next Round
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Spirit girl, this is a spirit of fire. Talk to it! And hold the beast steady or I'll break this thing. Baern, get down here, let's try it together, I'll hold it steady, you maneuver!"

OOC: [MENTION=2011]KarinsDad[/MENTION], would this be aid another from Cairn to Baern or vice versa?

johnmeier1

Explorer
Cairn, I'll go the other way, you start to come back up and I will go the other way on the other end of the rope. We need to brace the beam on the other side. Baern ties the opposite end of the rope to himself, balancing with Cairn's weight. He nods to the small girl with the bear before climbing around the other side with a lighter bit of scrap.

OOC: I say I can try to lead this round, dice don't have favorites though:
Acrobatics too balance and Athletics to secure the other side

FourMonos

First Post
Nyar stands stiffly at the controls.

[sblock=thoughts] Calm down, ye old git. You've been through worse. Got to land the machine, need to calm the elemental.

Nyar starts following the pattern of the random thoughts. He tries to support the captain, following right behind his calming influence on the elemental. Nyar shifts what his goal was and tries to reach out and the approaching chaotic thoughts and deflect them before they reach the elemental.
[/sblock]

[sblock=acrobatics 18] 1d20+6 → [12,6] = (18) Roll Lookup [/sblock]

[sblock=arcana 19] 1d20+13 → [6,13] = (19) Roll Lookup . Not sure if I still get the insight bonus from Narvala's earlier turn so I didn't include it. [/sblock]

Remove ads