Adv: Rhapsody; Judge: renau1g

KarinsDad

Adventurer
The elemental still violently shakes the ship, but not worse than before.

[sblock=OOC]
The Acrobatics check is still 15.
[/sblock]

OOC: [MENTION=2011]KarinsDad[/MENTION], would this be aid another from Cairn to Baern or vice versa?

OOC: I'd consider it two separate actions and two separate Athletics checks, one to hold it steady, one to brace. If either roll is 5 higher than the DC needed, then the other PC gets a +2 circumstance bonus (or if both rolls succeed, this bonus adds to the next beam). If both rolls are made, Success. If one roll is made and one is failed by 5 or less, it's incomplete, try again next round. If both rolls are failed or one roll is failed by more than 5, then a Failure.

Each PC doing one specific task (two tasks, two rolls, two PCs) lowers the DC than one PC attempting to do it all by himself.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Adding rolls to the above post. If I understood correctly this would be one success on two rolls.

Acrobatics; Athletics (1d20+4=17, 1d20+11=30)

Cairn braces more firmly, even following the movements of the ship with the beam. Baern balancing on the other side helping him stabilizing, he finally wedges the beam firmly in place.

Luinnar

First Post
Excuse me Mr. Goblin man! Christina shouts losing her footing again. When the adventurerers landed you mentioned that "We're under attack". Where are the we? I don't see any more people about... were you talking to your elemental friend? If there are any more people we sure could use their help.

OOC: Acrobatics=10 (does the -2 penality apply to this roll too?)

Insight=13 to see if the Goblin is telling the truth with his answer.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"Ach. I have to control the ship and your friend up here just made things worse. I don't know if I can control it let alone get your friend unstuck. He doesn't have the proper training, so he's screwed. Youse all falling out of the sky is what attacked the ship. The elemental is just besides itself and trying to bust out of the ring. We'll all be lucky if we crash into a tower instead of crashing all the way downs into the Cogs. Now, let me concentrate or we are all dead." the Goblin shouts back.

[sblock=Insight]
Christina cannot tell if the Goblin is telling the truth or not. He sure sounds like he's panicked though.
[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Cairn puts the beam into the proper place, but Baern is having difficulty securing it.

Before the Goblin can stop her, Narvala steps up to the controls and tries to help Nyar. Instantly, she too is pulled into the world of strange shapes. From across the ship, Cristina now notices that all three people at the controls, even the Goblin, are in a zombie-like state. The ship is throwing them from side to side, but their hands appear glued to the controls as if by magic.

Christina, Baern, and Cairn also notice that with the Goblin in the trance, nobody is actually steering the airship.

[sblock=OCC]
With Narvala's help, Nyar neither succeeds nor fails (dodged a bullet there).

Cairn holds the beam successfully, but Baern does not manage to brace it. Neither success nor failure.

3 Successes, 1 Failure

Next Round
[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=2011]KarinsDad[/MENTION] Does the penalty to checks from failed acrobatics rolls apply to the acrobatics roll each round?

FourMonos

First Post
Nyar is calmed by Narvala's presence and reassurance. He focuses harder to help the goblin to control the elemental, but the bucking ship isn't making it any easier, even if he can't tell what the ship is doing in his locked in state.

[sblock=arcana 19] 1d20+13 → [6,13] = (19) Roll Lookup Actually a 17 (see acrobatics bad roll [/sblock]

[sblock=acrobatics 9] 1d20+6 → [3,6] = (9) Roll Lookup Ugh, that is some bad rolling. I actually got a 17 for arcana [/sblock]

Remove ads