• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adv: Rhapsody; Judge: renau1g

modest

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Baern I am going to wait on you to take your turn and hopefully make dead these blasted annoyances! Good luck bud B-) [/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Baern grits his teeth during the assault and pushes through the pain. He swings Claw at the gladiator who struck him and it takes off the human's arm. After he falls Tooth swings around the other way and narrowly misses another. You are next. He looks at this one and shifts around him threateningly. Sorry Nyar, I'm out of threats for now.

[sblock=OOC] Take 3 ongoing damage
Standard: Twin Strike
1d20+10=26 vs Gladiator 2 AC for 1d12+3+1d6=20 (DEAD)
1d20+9=15 vs Gladiator 3 AC for 1d12+3=9 (miss)
Minor: Quarry on Gladiator 3
Move: Shift to H16
Save: 1D20=11
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Triggers: Unbalancing Parry (enemy misses Baern with melee attack)
Init: +2 Speed: 5 Perception:22 Insight: 15
AC: 20 NAD:18/14/16
HP: 36/47 Surges: 8/8 Surge Value: 11 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Dwarven
Str:19 Dex:10 Wis:16 Con:15 Int:10 Cha:10

Powers:
At-Will: Hunter's Quarry, Throw and Stab, Twin Strike
Encounter: Disrupting Strike, Off-Hand Strike, Second Wind, Unbalancing Parry, Battle Awareness
Daily: Chainmail of Dwarven Vigor, Jaws of the Wolf, Opportunistic Waraxe

Full Character Sheet [/sblock]

modest

First Post
The gladiator to the south falls to a heap on the ground, blood leaking from the place where his arm used to be. Dalvach is both once again astonished and yet pleased by Baern's calm ruthlessness.
Dalvach
lets his anger run freely from him and uses it to fill Baern with all the same emotion. "Do us all a favor and cleave this fool's head from his shoulders Baern!" With that, Dalvach points at the gladiator directly behind Baern. "Shave him up..extra close." Dalvach grins a large toothy grin.

[sblock=OOC/Actions] Ire Strike, directing Baern to make a melee basic attack against gladiator 3 as a free action. If he hits, then gladiator three has vulnerable 2 to all damage until the end of my next turn. Then I'll shift to F15. Call out if you need healing on your turn okay guys? :uhoh: [/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Baern's calm attack increases to a fury. He growls low like an animal Rrrrrrrrrrr and swings Claw in a high arc, slicing across the face of the human gladiator and knocking him to the ground.

[sblock=OOC] MBA: 1d20+9=26 (vs AC HITS) for 1d12+7+1d6=23 damage
I am rolling quarry damage since I killed Gladiator 2 without needing to use it. DEAD!
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
HP: 36/47 Surges: 8/8 Surge Value: 11 AP: 1

Powers:
Encounter: Disrupting Strike, Off-Hand Strike, Second Wind, Unbalancing Parry, Battle Awareness

FourMonos

First Post
Nyar shifts defensively away from the last gladiator. He makes a face as he steps between the piles of dead human gladiators and random bits of kobold remains.

"So nice of you to finally join us, we sure want to show what you've been missing."

Nyar again points 'Tinder' at the hobgoblin mage. Fire explodes around his form.

[sblock=actions] Move: Shift to H15. Have to get away from last melee gladiator to get a free attack off.
Action: Scorching Burst to K20. 1d20+8, 2d6+6 → ([19, 8], [3, 4, 6]) Roll Lookup [/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Init: +5 Speed: 6 Perception:13 Insight: 18
AC: 17 NAD: F: 13 R:18 W:16 (+2 vs. Illusion Attacks/Perception)
HP: (+6) 32/33 Surges: 5/6 Surge Value: 8 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Primordial
Str:8 Dex:16 Wis:12 Con:11 Int:20 Cha:10

Powers:
At-Will: Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Magic Missle, Storm Pillar, Scorching Burst
Encounter: Empowering Lightning, Pinioning Vortex, Second Wind, Wand of Accuracy, Otherworldly Lore
Daily: Bracers of Escape, Sleep [/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Baern grits his teeth during the assault and pushes through the pain. He swings Claw at the gladiator who struck him and it takes off the human's arm. After he falls Tooth swings around the other way and narrowly misses another. You are next. He looks at this one and shifts around him threateningly. Sorry Nyar, I'm out of threats for now.

[sblock=OOC] Take 3 ongoing damage
Standard: Twin Strike
1d20+10=26 vs Gladiator 2 AC for 1d12+3+1d6=20 (DEAD)
1d20+9=15 vs Gladiator 3 AC for 1d12+3=9 (miss)
Minor: Quarry on Gladiator 3
Move: Shift to H16
Save: 1D20=11
[/sblock]

The gladiator to the south falls to a heap on the ground, blood leaking from the place where his arm used to be. Dalvach is both once again astonished and yet pleased by Baern's calm ruthlessness.
Dalvach
lets his anger run freely from him and uses it to fill Baern with all the same emotion. "Do us all a favor and cleave this fool's head from his shoulders Baern!" With that, Dalvach points at the gladiator directly behind Baern. "Shave him up..extra close." Dalvach grins a large toothy grin.

[sblock=OOC/Actions] Ire Strike, directing Baern to make a melee basic attack against gladiator 3 as a free action. If he hits, then gladiator three has vulnerable 2 to all damage until the end of my next turn. Then I'll shift to F15. Call out if you need healing on your turn okay guys? :uhoh: [/sblock]

Baern's calm attack increases to a fury. He growls low like an animal Rrrrrrrrrrr and swings Claw in a high arc, slicing across the face of the human gladiator and knocking him to the ground.

The crowd seems to turn at this point, seeing the rangers prowess. A fair amount of them seem to be cheering you on, and calling for more blood.

[sblock=OOC] MBA: 1d20+9=26 (vs AC HITS) for 1d12+7+1d6=23 damage
I am rolling quarry damage since I killed Gladiator 2 without needing to use it. DEAD!
[/sblock]

Nyar shifts defensively away from the last gladiator. He makes a face as he steps between the piles of dead human gladiators and random bits of kobold remains.

"So nice of you to finally join us, we sure want to show what you've been missing."

Nyar again points 'Tinder' at the hobgoblin mage. Fire explodes around his form and he screams out in pain.

[sblock=actions] Move: Shift to H15. Have to get away from last melee gladiator to get a free attack off.
Action: Scorching Burst to K20. 1d20+8, 2d6+6 → ([19, 8], [3, 4, 6]) Roll Lookup [/sblock]

Just when this was looking like a one sides fight, the gladiator advances in rage and desperation. He waves his blades, in a furious dance toward Dalvach and manages a solid hit.

With the group distracted the caster inches closer and pulls his arms in towards his chest, muttering arcane words of power. He flings his arms open wide and a wave of flame rushes toward you. Baern manages to crouch quickly behind his axes, but Nyar and Dalvach are burned badly and fall to the ground, against the arena wall. The crowd cheers.

[sblock=ooc] Gladiator 1 shifts to H14
Double Slash vs Dalvach. One hits, one Misses, 7 damage.

Hobgoblin shifts to K19.
Uses Hells Blast, close burst 5. 11 vs Baern's Reflex, Miss, 14 vs Dalvach hits, 26 vs Nyar hits, 19 fire damage to Dalvach and Nyar. Dalvach is pushed to F14 and knocked prone, which bloodies him. Nyar is pushed to F15 and is knocked prone. Baern takes 9 fire damage.[/sblock]

---------------------------------------------

Initiative!

Round 7

18; Nyar; F15; 19/33; Prone; Acted
15; Enemies
Gladiator 1; H14; 45/45;
Hobgoblin Caster; K19; 10/46; Bloodied
11; Dalvach; F15; 8/43; Bloodied, Prone
7; Baern; H16; 27/47;

Round 8

Nyar;

Stats

Gladiator
AC 17 W 13

Hobgoblin
R 15

White boxes are doors or portcullises. Wavy lines are curtains. The walls are 35 ft and lined with spikes, except on the platform. That's 40 ft and lined with spikes.

[sblock=Map]
Arena09.png
[/sblock]

modest

First Post
[sblock=OOC/Actions] Move action- Stand up. Standard Energizing Strike (Augment 2) against gladiator adjacent to me, so I have 2 power points left.

1d20+9 → [14,9] = (23) Roll Lookup hits for 1d10+5 → [6,5] = (11) 1d10+5 → [4,5] = (9) 20 Roll Lookup damage total and I get to spend a healing surge. I regain 10 hit points and because of my feat (Bolstering Mantle) Baern can have 5 temporary hit points. Using my Finemail of Dwarven Vigor I can second wind for free and spend another surge so there's another 10 hp. I also regain an additional 1d6 per plus of the armor's enhancement bonus. It's +2 so I'll regain 2d6 extra hp and Nyar can have 5 temporary hit points. Then I'll minor action to heal Nyar with Ardent Surge and he gets a surge + 1d6 which = 6 Roll Lookup and I will regain 3 additional hitpoints. So a total of 23 to me, 14 to Nyar Roll Lookup [/sblock]

Dalvach stands up bloody, beaten and smiling. He pats out the fire on his shoulder and then turns to the gladiator who slashed him. "Alright then! Let's play laddie!" Dalvach's burnt skin cracks and blisters as he brings his hammer in an upwards stroke aimed at the gladiator's chin. Upon striking his foe, that familiar gust of wind and power ripples over Dalvach, seemingly blowing away the wounds on his shoulders and forearms. "Come on Nyar, Baern. This fight is almost won. Let us introduce them to the Dark Six." With that, Dalvach gestures to Nyar, concentrating with a wave of his hand. A mysterious unseen wind blows Nyar's robes about his body and he looks suddenly younger, while at the same time Dalvach appears that much older.

FourMonos

First Post
Nyar stands slowly. "Ouch. By the Seven, I wish I could say that was the first time that happened."

Dalvach's powerful move instills new energy through Nyar. After Baern gives him to nudge, he looks over to the opposing wizard.

"That was nice... but let a real wizard show you the power of fire!"

[sblock=actions] Move: Stand.
Standard Action: Scorching Burst versus opposing wizard: 1d20+8, 2d6+6 → ([20, 8], [6, 3, 6]). Roll Lookup . BOOM! That's 18 damage, plus the 1d8 from wand crit bonus. I won't bother with that since he should be toast.
I do trigger an OA from the gladiator with +7 to AC [/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Init: +5 Speed: 6 Perception:13 Insight: 18
AC: 17 NAD: F: 13 R:18 W:16 (+2 vs. Illusion Attacks/Perception)
HP: (+5) 33/33 Surges: 4/6 Surge Value: 8 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Primordial
Str:8 Dex:16 Wis:12 Con:11 Int:20 Cha:10

Powers:
At-Will: Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Magic Missle, Storm Pillar, Scorching Burst
Encounter: Empowering Lightning, Pinioning Vortex, Second Wind, Wand of Accuracy, Otherworldly Lore
Daily: Bracers of Escape, Sleep [/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
After Nyar crisps the hobgoblin, Baern spins towards the remaining gladiator. He focuses and swings both Tooth and Claw at the man. The blades cut bloody gashes but do not take off any limbs. You best run and hide in a corner, whelp growls Baern, still surging from Dalvach's inspiration.

[sblock=OOC] Move: Walk to I14 avoiding AoO by taking the long way
Minor: Hunter's Quarry on Gladiator
Standard: Twin Strike 1d20+11=21 hits for 1d12+3=4 1d20+11=20 hits for 1d12+3=7 and 1d6=6 Not much on those rolls totals 17.
[/sblock]
[sblock=ministats]
HP: 27/47 Surges: 8/8 Surge Value: 11 AP: 1

Powers:

Remove ads