Adv: Rhapsody; Judge: renau1g

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Scorpius, nice new pic!

**Yargh I be a pirate!**

Can you check my math? I think I had 6 THP from Dalvach and 31 HP after heal, so I think I have 27HP now.

**Well let's double check.

You had 18 hp. You gain +6 thp. 18(+6). You gain your surge (8) +6 hp. 32 hp +6 thp. You loose 5 and then another 5 hp. That's 28 hp. I was way off. (scratches head).**

Also, this is a newbie question, can you have more than one mark on you? I thought one mark would overwrite the other? Thanks

**Yup. So while in my ooc Im listing each time you get marked, only the most recent mark will show as active in the status.**
[/sblock]

"Ugh! Ouch" Nyar grunts with the kobold's attacks.

Almost as quickly as he feels the damage, Nyar feels enlightened and energized by Dalvach's presence and mental encouragements.

With an apologetic look to Baern, Nyar steps back from the two charging kobolds and levels his wand at the one still realing from Baern's blow. The follow in his wake as if drawn in by his motions. With power behind the movement, an arcane bolt flies straight and true into the kobold's chest and collapses in a heap, two swords swingy through the air in response. As the kobold next to Baern strikes out at Nyar, the dwarf swings his large axe to intercept it. He lops off the creature's head and turns to face the remaining two.

[sblock=actions] Nyar shifts to space G15.
**Kobold 1 shifts to G14 as an Immediate Reaction. Kobold 2 shifts to H14 as an Immediate Reaction**

Standard action: Magic missle versus kobold #2: 1d20+8, 2d4+6 → ([17, 8], [2, 3, 6])
Roll Lookup So kobold #2 takes 11 damage.
If I trigger any OA from casting, I think I have a +7 to AC from my feat (battle caster defense) and Dalvach's ardent effect. If any from moving, I think just the +3 from Dalvach's ability.

**Two OAs from casting. Both Miss due to bonuses to AC.

[sblock=OOC] Kobold 4 triggers Battle Awareness, Baern gets a MBA as an immediate interrupt 1d20+9=24 (vs AC) for 1d12+7=16 damage. Dead![/sblock]

Hits and kills kobold 2.**[/sblock]

The remaining kobolds quickly slide into a new formation their anger clearly aimed at the powerful wizard. Another sword digs into his side.

[sblock=ooc]Kobold 1 shifts to F16.
Attacks Nyar. [urlhttp://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2567500/]22 vs AC, 5[/url] damage. Nyar is marked TENT

Kobold 3 shifts to I17. Attacks Dalvach. Miss
[/sblock]

I told you wizard, Claw likes blood but I can control him. He glances at the remaining two and focuses on the injured creature. Faster than the eye can follow, Baern throws his small handaxe at the kobold. The axe flies high over the creature's head, but it was just a distraction as Baern charges in with his giant waraxe held in both hands. Another head is lopped off by the now blood-stained Claw.

[sblock=OOC] Minor: Hunter's Quarry on Kobold 3
Standard: Throw and Stab (charge to H16) on K3 1d20+8=9 (crit fail) and 1d20+10=24 (vs AC) for 1d12+8=16 damage plus 1d6=6 for 22 total. Dead!
Only 1 immediate reaction left, but I doubt I am the one that is going to be attacked.

**Dalvach is in H16. I16 it is.**
[/sblock]

----------------------------------------------------

Initiative!

Round 3

18; Nyar; G15; 33/33; Marked by Kobold 1; Acted
16; Kobolds; Acted
1; F16; 36/36
11; Dalvach; H16; 41/43;
7; Baern; I16; 47/47; Acted

Round 3

Nyar;

Stats

Kobold
AC 18 R 13

White boxes are doors or portcullises. Wavy lines are curtains. The walls are 35 ft and lined with spikes, except on the platform. That's 40 ft and lined with spikes.

[sblock=map]
Arena05.png
[/sblock]

modest

First Post
Kobold heads roll past Dalvach's heavily booted feet. He squints, then looks at Baern and grins a big toothy grin. Seeing Nyar take another slash to his torso, Dalvach hurries over to his right side. "Now Nyar, I don't mind mendin' our wounds, but I'm no tailor and those robes looks mighty torn."

Dalvach raises his Craghammer above his head and brings it down with a mighty, radial wave of relief washing outwards from his body.

[sblock=Actions] Move to G14 next to Nyar. Standard Energizing Strike against Kobold 1 1d20+9 → [12,9] = (21) Roll Lookup for 1d10+5 → [8,5] = (13) I'll use my Craghammer two handed for this swing so +1 damage. 14 damage total!! Roll Lookup and Nyar can have 6 temporary hit points.[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
"Lesson learned Baern," Nyar smiles.

He steps back from the last remaining kobold, which is still smarting from Dalvach's blow.

"Follow me if you will, it brings you closer to Claw."

[sblock=actions] Shift to square H15. Magic Missle vs. Kobold #1.1d20+8, 2d4+6 → ([5, 8], [3, 3, 6]) Roll Lookup Hitting for 12 damage! Still +7 to AC versus casting OA :). [/sblock]

[sblock=ooc] Scorpius, not that I want to contradict the DM, but I think I only have 31 HP. I was down to 18 and Dalvach healed me for 5+8 (my surge). The rest were THP. I'm happy to do it your way since I get more HP, but I also want to be fair :). I believe I still have 6 THP from his last attack. [/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Init: +5 Speed: 6 Perception:13 Insight: 18
AC: 17 NAD: F: 13 R:18 W:16 (+2 vs. Illusion Attacks/Perception)
HP: (+6) 31/33 Surges: 5/6 Surge Value: 8 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Primordial
Str:8 Dex:16 Wis:12 Con:11 Int:20 Cha:10

Powers:
At-Will: Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Magic Missle, Storm Pillar, Scorching Burst
Encounter: Empowering Lightning, Pinioning Vortex, Second Wind, Wand of Accuracy, Otherworldly Lore
Daily: Bracers of Escape, Sleep [/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Hey Nyar,

This is fun eh? So what I posted before was

"You had 18 hp. You gain +6 thp. 18(+6). You gain your surge (8) +6 hp. 32 hp +6 thp. You loose 5 and then another 5 hp. That's 28 hp. I was way off. (scratches head)."

Then I added five hp back because one of those attacks was interrupted. Putting you at 33. Two mistakes there. 1, I gave you an extra hp from the healing; 2, I gave you back hp instead of thp.

So again, we're both wrong. Hurray. You should have 31 hp + 1 thp.

Everyone else,

Update coming before the day is done.[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Actually, I think this adventure is great. You're doing an awesome job and I'm not just saying that because this is my first pbp adventure. :D I'm wrong a lot, just check my L4W adventure! Does Dalvach's most recent THP over write the old THP? [/sblock]

modest

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Lol :confused: funny stuff. The new temps should cover the old temps but have you been hit since I placed the new temps on you?

PS: Scorpius, I concur with Fourmonos, excellent adventure! I'm very intrigued as to what's going to happen..love a good mystery.

[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Kobold heads roll past Dalvach's heavily booted feet. He squints, then looks at Baern and grins a big toothy grin. Seeing Nyar take another slash to his torso, Dalvach hurries over to his right side. "Now Nyar, I don't mind mendin' our wounds, but I'm no tailor and those robes looks mighty torn."

Dalvach raises his Craghammer above his head and brings it down with a mighty, radial wave of relief washing outwards from his body.

[sblock=Actions] Move to G14 next to Nyar. Standard Energizing Strike against Kobold 1 1d20+9 → [12,9] = (21) Roll Lookup for 1d10+5 → [8,5] = (13) I'll use my Craghammer two handed for this swing so +1 damage. 14 damage total!! Roll Lookup and Nyar can have 6 temporary hit points.[/sblock]

"Lesson learned Baern," Nyar smiles.

He steps back from the last remaining kobold, which is still smarting from Dalvach's blow.

"Follow me if you will, it brings you closer to Claw."

[sblock=actions] Shift to square H15. Magic Missle vs. Kobold #1.1d20+8, 2d4+6 → ([5, 8], [3, 3, 6]) Roll Lookup Hitting for 12 damage! Still +7 to AC versus casting OA :). [/sblock]

The kobold is on its last legs but there is a madness in its eyes. Its eyes dash toward the stage and you get the feeling it simply cannot stop the attack, even to save its life. he makes a last, desperate swing at Dalvach but misses.

Already you can see new shadows at the gates. You will have no rest when this one falls.

[sblock=ooc]Kobold attacks Dalvach. Miss[/sblock]
----------------------------------------------------

Initiative!

Round 4

18; Nyar; H15; 32/33 +6 thp; Marked by Kobold 1; Acted
16; Kobolds; Acted
1; F16; 10/36; Bloodied
11; Dalvach; G14; 41/43;
7; Baern; I16; 47/47;

Round 5

Nyar;

Stats

Kobold
AC 18 R 13

White boxes are doors or portcullises. Wavy lines are curtains. The walls are 35 ft and lined with spikes, except on the platform. That's 40 ft and lined with spikes.

[sblock=map]
Arena06.png
[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Baern's eyes flicker all around, looking for targets. More coming? If I had but two moments I could be up this wall. He draws out the other waraxe on his shoulders, it differs remarkably from the first. Though of the same size, it seems plain and solid with no ornamentation save a flatter back on the blade. Tooth mutters the dwarf before moving over to the kobold and swinging both blades. Claw goes wide and as the kobold cringes in fear from it, Tooth comes around and takes off its head.

[sblock=OOC] I did the math and with my speed I can't reach the top of the wall in one round.
Minor action: Draw second waraxe
Move action: Walk to G15
Standard action: Twin Strike 1d20+10=12 MISS and 1d20+10=26 (vs AC) for 1d12+3=10 DEAD
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Triggers: Unbalancing Parry (enemy misses Baern with melee attack)
Init: +2 Speed: 5 Perception:22 Insight: 15
AC: 20 NAD:18/14/16
HP: 47/47 Surges: 8/8 Surge Value: 11 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Dwarven
Str:19 Dex:10 Wis:16 Con:15 Int:10 Cha:10

Powers:
At-Will: Hunter's Quarry, Throw and Stab, Twin Strike
Encounter: Disrupting Strike, Off-Hand Strike, Second Wind, Unbalancing Parry, Battle Awareness
Daily: Chainmail of Dwarven Vigor, Jaws of the Wolf, Opportunistic Waraxe

Full Character Sheet [/sblock]

Remove ads