Adv: The Path of Light; DM: ScorpiusRisk; Judge: Ozymandias79

Nebten

First Post
In da forest wit lots of hunta's 'nd a pirty lass (in reference to the dwarf woman).

Dane then realises he spoke aloud and falls back into position like a stray sheep.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
The dwarf laughs at Dane's remark but stifles when thrown serious looks from the others.

The Warden continues. "I do speak of seals. I speak of them, because I have not been able to renew them." He stands and turns revealing a physique of someone who obviously used to be quite athletic, now aging and tired. "However, Mauros has." He looks over the group and grows curious.

"You have been in combat with men this day?"

After Hadrak's salute the Tiefling (whom only half noticed) seems to slink into the shadows of the tree and reappear near the entrance of the grove. He wears leather armor, keeps hand crossbow in one hand, and a bastard sword on his back.

[sblock=Hadrak]Thats a pretty good insight. Anything in particular you'd like insight into? [/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The flames on Incarnation's plating surge when the Fire Mage is mentioned. Mauros is dead. Dead or gone, but the difference matters little. He may have continued the wards of his mentor, but none is known to do so now. If one claims the name of Esthanapiros, they claim false.

The Warden's surprise at their battle wounds causes Incarnation to pause. Others seek you, Warden. This one worse the skin of a barbarian, but was not such. We defeated his band, but the instigator fled.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Insight]
I am mostly interested in the reactions the members of this little fellowship of the ring have toward us. Anyone seems hostile or threatened?

Also, does Dane have a shot with the dwarf lady?
[/sblock]

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"Indeed." The Warden says. "My old mentor, Grand Master Estergrin, held correspondence with Mauros for many years. They often assisted and offered reflection on each others work. It is my hope, that if we recover the journals of my master we will be able to piece together how to renew the wards."

He steps forward. "As for your fighting, if it was linked to my presence I apologize. I fought for years against the Oni and many of my actions have seen to be against proper social conventions. There are a few who might seek me with violence." A pause. "Then again there are many who might seek to do battle with the five, though it seems you have increased your number." It would seem he meant the last part to be a joke, but no one laughs.

[sblock=Hadrak]The young dragonborn and the goblin hold resentment for you. It is clear they would rather you were not here.

The rest seem deeply engaged by the back and forth between the warden and Incarantion. It is clear they hold almost a divine reverence for this man and are trying to judge your value or worth.

EDIT: Oh and Dane could totally get with that.[/sblock]

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
Rurdev watches from his place in the group. He too spotted the one in the tree, and shifter crossed his arms as he glanced up there, the axes on his biceps in plain view.

At the others reactions to the supposed joke, Rurdev tries to judge their feelings, then he speaks himself. "You t-t-too have heard us c-c-called that? W-W-Word travels f-f-ast."

[sblock=Insight]Rurdev knows nothing. insight (1d20+5=6)[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The smoke from Icarnation's flames grow stronger about him a moment before he replies. The Five you know are gone. What others name us is not the issue here. His words were not chiding, but flat.

Incarnation looks about the feywild's signs, thinking. You seek to strengthen the bonds. Mauros had the tools to do so, and your master may have once had some inclination as well. But neither of them are here. You follow your master's path. But why do you need us. The smoke gets stronger, almost swallowing Incarnation entirely, leaving only the fiery halo of his eyes. Why do you need me?[sblock=OOC]Its really hard to express things like "frowning" when you don't have articulated facial muscles. Thank goodness for dramatic fire. :)

And Dane should totally go after her. Incarnation may not have earthly desires, but why should that stop anyone else. ;)[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Rurdev watches from his place in the group. He too spotted the one in the tree, and shifter crossed his arms as he glanced up there, the axes on his biceps in plain view.

At the others reactions to the supposed joke, Rurdev tries to judge their feelings, then he speaks himself. "You t-t-too have heard us c-c-called that? W-W-Word travels f-f-ast."

The Warden's eyes shift to the Eladrin behind him who suddenly seems defensive. "Just because we live in the middle of the woods trying to fend off the bleeding of planar fields does not mean we should not read the newspaper!"

Which brings a low chuckle to the Warden and a few others.

The smoke from Icarnation's flames grow stronger about him a moment before he replies. The Five you know are gone. What others name us is not the issue here. His words were not chiding, but flat.

Incarnation looks about the feywild's signs, thinking. You seek to strengthen the bonds. Mauros had the tools to do so, and your master may have once had some inclination as well. But neither of them are here. You follow your master's path. But why do you need us. The smoke gets stronger, almost swallowing Incarnation entirely, leaving only the fiery halo of his eyes. Why do you need me?

The humor runs from the wardens face as Incarnations response seems almost as defensive as the Eladrin. Certainly more dramatic. "Well I need someone." He says rather plainly, though he clearly disapproves of Incarnation's attitude. "Perhaps you've forgotten but it says Mauros on your head. I didn't even know of your existence till a short time ago. The Lady saw you and notified me." He begins pacing.

"I need to go back to the Academy." He says with resolve. "In the Jade Empire. I need to leave people here to do what they can in my absence."

[sblock=Insight 17] There is doubt and worry in the Warden's words.[/sblock]

Remove ads