• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adv: The Path of Light; DM: ScorpiusRisk; Judge: Ozymandias79

johnmeier1

Explorer
Georg controls his horse with his legs, moving it up next to the Warden. He tries to bring his voice and movements into better synchronization, building towards a climax in the ritual. The sphere remains a flaming thorn in the back of the demon.

[sblock=OOC] Move: Trot to G7/H8
Standard: Arcana check for ritual 1d20+11=24
Minor: Maintain Flaming Sphere
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Triggers: Shield (if AC/Ref hit by less than 4)
Status: +2 AC, Flaming Sphere (E9) does 9 fire damage to adjacent at start of turn
Init: +3 Speed: 5 Perception:14 Insight: 19
AC: 19 NAD:17/17/17
HP: 41/44 Surges: 8/10 Surge Value: 11 AP: 1
Languages: Common (Allarian), Dwarven
Str:8 Dex:13 Wis:15 Con:18 Int:18 Cha:10

Powers:
At Will: Winged Horde, Thunderwave, Cantrips
Encounter: Boots of Rapid Motion, Burning Hands, Fire Shroud, Second Wind, Shield, Staff of Defense
Daily: Flaming Sphere, Summon Magma Beast, Staff of Fiery Might, Cloak of Resistance

Full Character Sheet
[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Incarnation continues to channel dark magic into the foul beast as its aura of magic fades. But the currents of arcana disrupt his casting and it is for naught.

OOC: EB Misses.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
"Hahaha!" Raiyek exults in a grim laugh at Dane's comment, ignoring his wounds in the rush of battle. "I've had halflings hit harder! Keep going friends, I feel the tide turning!"
[sblock=OOC]Aid Rurdev's next attack.[/sblock][sblock=Raiyek stats]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 5
Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 20; Low-light vision
AC:24(26), Fort:18, Reflex:19, Will:18 -- Speed:6
HP: 46/56, Bloodied:28, Surge Value:15, Surges Left:10/11
Resist 1 all
Action Points: 0, Second Wind
Powers
Holy Strike
Ardent Strike
Divine Challenge
Lay on Hands (3/3)
Piercing Smite
Strength from Valor
Virtue
Channel Divinity
Elven Accuracy
Oath of Enmity
Paladin's Judgment
Arc of Vengeance
Woundstitch Powder
Cloak of Resistance
Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception.
+2 power to AC til end of encounter.

http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/L4W:pC:Raiyek_Meliam_(Lord_Sessadore)
[/sblock]

Nebten

First Post
Ye usin' axes, dwaf weapons, Dane shouts in response as he ducks under the forearm of the demon. Ta fight like a dwaf, got-ta draw ye strength from da earth. Ground ya feet, shifta!

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Flaming sphere damage, cause I forgot. 8[/sblock]

Dane continues to move to keep the demon pinned in.

Hang in der, elf. We'll make a dwarf outta yah yet!

[sblock=Actions]
Move: Shift to I3.
Standard: Brash Attack vs AC (1d20+17, 1d12+14=[19, 17], [1, 14])
AC 36 for 15 pod. Grant CA TENT.
[/sblock]

Georg controls his horse with his legs, moving it up next to the Warden. He tries to bring his voice and movements into better synchronization, building towards a climax in the ritual. The sphere remains a flaming thorn in the back of the demon.

[sblock=OOC] Move: Trot to G7/H8
Standard: Arcana check for ritual 1d20+11=24
Minor: Maintain Flaming Sphere
[/sblock]

Incarnation continues to channel dark magic into the foul beast as its aura of magic fades. But the currents of arcana disrupt his casting and it is for naught.

OOC: EB Misses.[/QUOTE]

"Hahaha!" Raiyek exults in a grim laugh at Dane's comment, ignoring his wounds in the rush of battle. "I've had halflings hit harder! Keep going friends, I feel the tide turning!"

[sblock=OOC]Aid Rurdev's next attack.[/sblock]

Hadrak is settling in a groove.

-''This is fun!'' he says, blasting again the demon and aiding Raiyek's resistance.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard
Sacred Flame, vs Ref (1d20+11=22, 1d6+10=11)

if a hit, +5thp to Raiyek, +1 to Hadrak's defense TENT.

**it hits**
[/sblock]

Rurdev hack at the creature from his mount, coming closer, but still not drawing any dark blood from the creature. The shifter growls in frustration. "Any tips Dane!? I can't hurt this thing!"

[sblock=Actions]twin strike w/quarry (1d20+14=24, 1d20+12=22, 1d10+5=15, 1d10+3=4, 1d6=5)Close but no cigar. This time I rolled average at least.[/sblock]

Ye usin' axes, dwaf weapons, Dane shouts in response as he ducks under the forearm of the demon. Ta fight like a dwaf, got-ta draw ye strength from da earth. Ground ya feet, shifta!

The Warden keeps up his chant, and now with Georg so close he trips onto a rhythm of a powerful fey line. Its seems to burn the demons blood and he staggers for a moment. His regeneration kicks in only slightly as he roars in rage. The roar seems to shake the earth all around causing people to loose their barrings.

The demon doesn't slow though, and four powerful fists go slamming into Raiyek's armor. His gods light and good steel absorbs most of the blows.

[sblock=ooc]I'm speeding this up slightly.

The Warden stays still, chanting, dealing 79 Arcane Backlash damage. The Demon is bloodied.

The Demon uses Tormenting Howl, every one (but Incarnation) takes -2 to attack rolls till the end of the demons next NEXT turn.

The Demon is now bloodied. The demon has an immediate interrupt attack listed below. The first person to trigger it each round may roll it themselves.

The demon regenerates 12 hp.

Double Attack vs Raiyek Misses twice

Action Point 1 hit, 7 damage. -1 is 6[/sblock]

-----------------------

Init!

Round 11

21; Dane; I3; 51/60; +2 power bonus to AC, +2 power bonus to attack rolls and a +4 power bonus to damage rolls against the target until the end of the encounter, -2 to attack rolls TEbdNT;
19; Raiyek; G5; 45/56; +2 power bonus to AC, -2 to attack rolls TEbdNT;
18; Georg; G7/H8; 41/44; Mounted, +2 power bonus to AC, -2 to attack rolls TEbdNT;
Flaming Sphere; G1;
18; Incarnation; H10; 47/53; Superior Cover, +2 power bonus to AC, -2 to attack rolls TEbdNT;
18; Rurdev; D1/E2; 42/51; Mounted, +2 power bonus to AC, -2 to attack rolls TEbdNT;
12 Hadrak; K3; 52/52; +2 power bonus to AC, +1 to Hadrak's defense TENT, -2 to attack rolls TEbdNT;
11; The Warden; E7/F8; 54/60; Mounted, +2 power bonus to AC, -2 to attack rolls TEbdNT;
10; Big Demon; F2/H4; 180/360; Cursed, Quarry, Divine Challenge, -10 to damage rolls, Bloodied

Stats

Demon (Ritual weakened by 3) Regen 12
AC 25 R 21

Demonic Frenzy Immediate Reaction, when attacked by an adjacent enemy, at-will
+13 vs AC, 2d8-2 damage

Map!

[sblock=Map]
OniAmbush15.png
[/sblock]

The thick black lines on the sides of the wagon represent the top cover on the wagon. They block Line of Sight.

Moving in and out of the wagon cost an additional square of movement.

You can also move the wagon, by getting in and driving it.

The boulders are about ten feet in height. Anyone who is not huge, and is adjacent to the rock can use it for superior cover. Anyone who is huge, and adjacent to the rock still receives cover.

You can climb a rock with an athletics check of some sort.

Last edited:

Nebten

First Post
Dane continues to duck under the demon's wild swings as it starts to go into a frenzy. Hey elf, ye can't have all da fun!

The dwarf's swings are in rhythm with the Warden's and Georg's as he continues to try to find cracks in the demon's thick hide.

[sblock=Actions] DM, I should be at I3. While its not a big deal on the map, I just don't want the demon getting away without a few hacks ;)

Brash Attack vs AC (1d20+15, 1d12+14=[19, 15], [11, 14])
AC: 34 for 25 pod Grant CA to the demon TENT. [/sblock]

After the axe head goes deep into the demon's ribs, it turns its attention back to the dwarf momentarly. The its left arm does backswing toward Dane. The fighter is unable to get his shield up in time and smack him across the face. After the attack, a flash of holy energy sparks through the creature's body. Dane shakes his head, spits out some blood while saying, Dats it! Mi sista hits harda din dat!

[sblock=Actions]
Demonic Frenzy vs AC (1d20+13, 2d8-2=[11, 13], [8, 5, -2])
Hits Dane for 11 pod.

Divine Challenge: 5 pod vs Demon
[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Georg continues to concentrate, both on his spell and the Warden's. As they near completion, his voice gains strength and he begins to swing his staff in wider arcs.

[sblock=OOC]Minor: Maintain Sphere
Standard: Arcana check 1d20+11=23 (was that enough?)
[/sblock]

Remove ads