Adv: The Path of Light; DM: ScorpiusRisk; Judge: Ozymandias79

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Incarnation would grin at the weakening of the demon's power if his faceplate allowed such a thing. Instead, he began a new spell, one he had learned the secrets of recently. A damned hum grew as he chanted, and with the last syllable, he called down a pillar of flame upon the beast. BOW, creature! Bow down before our power! The fell hum forced the beast to its knees, forcing it down and again![sblock=Actions]Tyranny of Flame: Will 25, 25 fire and is knocked prone (save ends, -2 to save). Incarnation should not be suffering from the attack roll penalty (it says so on his status that he is). Note, he is knocked prone regardless if the power hit (so everyone after Incarnation gets +2 to hit), but if it does hit, the beast has to save to stand.[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
With the gigantic demon somewhat more vulnerable than before, Raiyek manages to inflict a small wound with his divinely empowered blade.
[sblock=OOC]You read my mind, Nebten :)

What the heck, let's try an attack this round. Holy Strike vs. demon: 25 vs. AC, 9 radiant damage. Well, look at that. :)[/sblock][sblock=Raiyek stats]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 5
Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 20; Low-light vision
AC:24(26), Fort:18, Reflex:19, Will:18 -- Speed:6
HP: 45/56, Bloodied:28, Surge Value:15, Surges Left:10/11
Resist 1 all
Action Points: 0, Second Wind
Powers
Holy Strike
Ardent Strike
Divine Challenge
Lay on Hands (3/3)
Piercing Smite
Strength from Valor
Virtue
Channel Divinity
Elven Accuracy
Oath of Enmity
Paladin's Judgment
Arc of Vengeance
Woundstitch Powder
Cloak of Resistance
Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception.
+2 power to AC til end of encounter.

http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/L4W:pC:Raiyek_Meliam_(Lord_Sessadore)
[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Dane continues to duck under the demon's wild swings as it starts to go into a frenzy. Hey elf, ye can't have all da fun!

The dwarf's swings are in rhythm with the Warden's and Georg's as he continues to try to find cracks in the demon's thick hide.

[sblock=Actions]

Brash Attack vs AC (1d20+15, 1d12+14=[19, 15], [11, 14])
AC: 34 for 25 pod Grant CA to the demon TENT. [/sblock]

After the axe head goes deep into the demon's ribs, it turns its attention back to the dwarf momentarly. The its left arm does backswing toward Dane. The fighter is unable to get his shield up in time and smack him across the face. After the attack, a flash of holy energy sparks through the creature's body. Dane shakes his head, spits out some blood while saying, Dats it! Mi sista hits harda din dat!

[sblock=Actions]
Demonic Frenzy vs AC (1d20+13, 2d8-2=[11, 13], [8, 5, -2])
Hits Dane for 11 pod.

Divine Challenge: 5 pod vs Demon
[/sblock]

Georg continues to concentrate, both on his spell and the Warden's. As they near completion, his voice gains strength and he begins to swing his staff in wider arcs.

[sblock=OOC]Minor: Maintain Sphere
Standard: Arcana check 1d20+11=23 (was that enough?)

**Yeah I think so. I think I said 21. I could probably check but. . . Id rather just say yes.**
[/sblock]

Incarnation would grin at the weakening of the demon's power if his faceplate allowed such a thing. Instead, he began a new spell, one he had learned the secrets of recently. A damned hum grew as he chanted, and with the last syllable, he called down a pillar of flame upon the beast. BOW, creature! Bow down before our power! The fell hum forced the beast to its knees, forcing it down and again!

[sblock=Actions]Tyranny of Flame: Will 25, 25 fire and is knocked prone (save ends, -2 to save). Incarnation should not be suffering from the attack roll penalty (it says so on his status that he is). Note, he is knocked prone regardless if the power hit (so everyone after Incarnation gets +2 to hit), but if it does hit, the beast has to save to stand.

**Hits**[/sblock]

With the gigantic demon somewhat more vulnerable than before, Raiyek manages to inflict a small wound with his divinely empowered blade.

[sblock=OOC]
Holy Strike vs. demon: 25 vs. AC, 9 radiant damage. Well, look at that. :)[/sblock]

-''I should probably bang a drum as I cast my spell. With rythm and a show of light, we'd have a party!''

Another bolt of light hits the best.

[sblock=Actions]
Sacred flame vs ref (1d20+11=24, 1d6+10=13)

+5 thp to Raiyek.
[/sblock]

Rurdev tries his luck on the ground. He hops off his horse and swings wildly at the thing. The dwarf was right, and his first axe connects, drawing a deep line of blood. Rurdev is so surprised, his second axe comes up short. "Well I'll be..."

[sblock=Actions]twin strike vs demon (1d20+10=28, 1d20+10=12, 1d10+5=11, 1d10+3=5, 1d6=3)One hits for 14.[/sblock]

The demon claws through the dirt, forcing his way between Raiyek and Rurdev, slamming both fists hard into the Warden.

[sblock=ooc]The demon regens 6 hp.
8 fire damage from flaming sphere.

The Demon moves to D4/F6. Dane, Raiyek and Rurdev get OAs. You guys just go ahead and roll those yourselves when you take your actions. . .its getting late.

Double Attack vs the Warden. Both hit, first one crits. 21 damage[/sblock]

-----------------------

Init!

Round 12

21; Dane; I3; 40/60; +2 power bonus to AC, +2 power bonus to attack rolls and a +4 power bonus to damage rolls against the target until the end of the encounter;
19; Raiyek; G5; 45/56; +2 power bonus to AC;
18; Georg; G7/H8; 41/44; Mounted, +2 power bonus to AC;
Flaming Sphere; G1;
18; Incarnation; H10; 47/53; Superior Cover, +2 power bonus to AC;
18; Rurdev; D1/E2; 42/51; Mounted, +2 power bonus to AC;
12 Hadrak; K3; 52/52; +2 power bonus to AC, +1 to Hadrak's defense TENT;
11; The Warden; E7/F8; 33/60; Mounted, +2 power bonus to AC;
10; Big Demon; D4/F6; 87/360; Cursed, Quarry, Divine Challenge, -10 to damage rolls, Bloodied, prone (save ends, -2 to save)

Stats

Demon (Ritual weakened by 4) Regen 6
AC 24 R 20 W 20

Demonic Frenzy Immediate Reaction, when attacked by an adjacent enemy, at-will
+12 vs AC, 2d8-3 damage

Map!

[sblock=Map]
OniAmbush16.png
[/sblock]

The thick black lines on the sides of the wagon represent the top cover on the wagon. They block Line of Sight.

Moving in and out of the wagon cost an additional square of movement.

You can also move the wagon, by getting in and driving it.

The boulders are about ten feet in height. Anyone who is not huge, and is adjacent to the rock can use it for superior cover. Anyone who is huge, and adjacent to the rock still receives cover.

You can climb a rock with an athletics check of some sort.

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
-''You know, it's about time someone is seriously hurt.'' Hadrak says before focusings Eefaystos power in a single word that heals the Warden's wound. Then the pounding of light bolt resumes.

[sblock=Action]
Move: I6
Minor: Healing word
Healing word (2d6+10=15) 15 + healing surge. That should 30 + the warden's constitution bonus. Not bad eh?

Standard:
Lance of Faith, vs reflex (1d20+11=19, 1d8+10=18)

If it hits, Incarnation gains +2 to his next attack
[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=Prone?]Just making sure that the demon crawled to move since it is prone until the beginning of its next turn at least (the power stops him from standing until it saves). If it did crawl, it can only move half its speed (and provokes OAs anyway).

Did it make its save?[/sblock]As the demon crawls closer, Incarnation jabs at it with rod in hand. Shards of hellish energy pierce its hide, scoring it further. The end is nigh, creature. Begone!

OOC: EB Ref 23, 18hp.

Remove ads