Adv: The Path of Light; DM: ScorpiusRisk; Judge: Ozymandias79

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Incarnation takes his time in the center of the room, examining what he can see. Every room spoke of the person it was for. His eyes flared with purple flame as he did so, arcane senses flowing.

OOC: Insight to get a feeling for the Master, Arcana to detect magic, history to see if there is any historical significance to the items (especially the map).

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Incarnation see that the map on the wall is an old map of the Jade Empire. He can see among the places marked, the capital and the Academy. As he walk to the center, his attention is drawn on the orb. What seemed a flawless orb at first sight seems not so perfect, and Incarnation guess that the orb can be moved from his pedestal and his shape can be changed.

The staff member who is with you stare at the group for a moment. "Is there anything you are searching for. I might be able to help you."

[SBLOCK=OOC]Good news, ScorpiusRisk gave me the baseline of Part 2 and give me the location of part 3. I have an idea of the main plot. I was writing an adventure for high level character (which was for you), but I think I'll just take some of the idea I had and integrate it within ScorpiusRisk story, keeping the story as close as what SR had planned but with some encounter of my creation.[/SBLOCK]

Velmont

First Post
The Warden inspect the book and scrolls but after a moment, he just sight. "These are just note and books for his student. Nothing of his personal notes are in their. And you said you had found nothing in the archive?" he asks Incarnation, but without waiting for the answer, he turns to the staff member. "You sure no one have touch my master's personal effects."

"No one. Not even Master Kidara. Everything is here."

"Thanks, you can go." tells the Warden. The staff membernods and leave. As he left, the light of his globe stop to light the place, leaving the room bathing in the sunlight of the morning. Suddenly, the sunlight is reflected by the orb at the center and three ray of light are shed from the center orb. The ray from the eastern windows is the largest and the one from the western window is smallest. The three ray come out of teh window and are concentrated by the orb to land on the floor.

"Let's search this room. Master Estergrin must have hidden his notes somewhere here, or at least given a clue to find them."

[SBLOCK=OOC]Times to let your brain work. Some skill might come handy to have clue but the final solution will be by your action, so it is not really a skill challenge.[/SBLOCK]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Georg looks at the whole room as Incarnation scans it. When the sun burst hits the orb, he practically squeals. Oh, my, this is certainly a portent! Perhaps we can move the orb to reflect sun onto other parts of the room? He looks at the dragon statue closely and it's relation to the orb.

[sblock=OOC] Georg thinks that there is a tie between perhaps the statue (since it has a sun emblem) and the orb. Arcana to check 1d20+12=28
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
-''Uh. That's annoying. Okay, so that orb focus light from the window and it lands on the floor. I wonder if... Oh what the hell. More light can't hurt... Much.''

Hadrak focus his well and casts a quick prayer to Eefaystos. Then he points a finger and a blast of light far more powerful than the window's beam hit the orb.

OOC: Let's see what happen when a Lance of Faith (Radiant) hits that orb. I don't use full power at first but if the orb hold I ramp up the power.

Velmont

First Post
As Hadrak attack the orb, the orb seems to resist, warded by some magic from Georg opinion. He also come to the same observation as Incarnation. The orb seems smooth at first sight but it is an illusion that make it appear like it. The orb have fine line within it and it seems it is possible to move it from his pedestal and change the shape of the orb.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=OOC]I'll be on travel all next week in SLC for a conference; been preping for that so thus the slow down. I'll try to post 1/d, but no promises; games I'm running may suffer for that week. Thanks![/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
"Perhaps we should try shining the light on the incense as well, or light it." As the group tries different things with the orb, Raiyek tries to recall any religious history or rituals that might have influenced Master Estergrin's thinking with this puzzle.

Remove ads