• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] A Boy and His Dog (DM: stonegod; Judge: r1)

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=stonegod]stonegod, you are the DM, but it was highly advised on the wizards side to make threatening reach no secret from the players... you didn't even mentioned how long the tentacles are.
How many OAs they have (as T2 attacked Vimak and Torqua)?
Just suggestions and questions. No complaints. Let's go on with the fight :)[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Vimak Stonecarver

Vimak cautiously gets up, glowing runes mending some of his wounds. He swings at the tentacle that grabbed Torqua.

[sblock=ooc]

minor: Rune of mending on self, with destruction effect (he and all allies in 3sq do +2 damage until the end of his next turn.)
move: stand up
standard: Symbol of Wrath reversed (Protection variant) vs T2. On hit, If the target makes any attacks during its next turn, Vimak and each ally within 3 squares of it regain 3 hit points.
free: Extra lightning damage, if hit

damage roll doesn't include +2 rune bonus.

---

Rune of Destruction
Allies gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls against enemies that are adjacent to you or to any other runepriests who are in this rune state.

Rune of Protection
While adjacent to you, allies gain resist 2 to all damage.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Vimak Stonecarver
Perception: 15 Insight: 19 Normal Vision
AC 21 Fortitude 17 Reflex 16 Will 18
Initiative: +4
Hit Points: 33 / 44 Bloodied: 22
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw:
Action Points: 2 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:11 Surges per day: 4 / 10
At-Will Powers: Word of Diminishment, Word of Binding, Lightning Damage
Encounter Powers: Rune of Mending 1/2, Stone’s Endurance, Flames of Purity, Symbol of Wrath Reversed
Daily Powers: Rune of Endless Fire, Shield of Sacrifice, Deny CA Bonus, Extra Lightning Damage.

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
Johanna struggled to her feet, and spun her spear back into a fighting grip. She shuffled forward and lashed out at one of the tentacles, her voice rising in a keening shriek as she attacked.

[sblock= OOC]
>Move: stand from prone
>Standard> move: Shift to I 14
>AP> Standard: attack T2 with Howl of Fury, +8 vs. AC= 12 (miss); roll Roll Lookup [/sblock]

[sblock= Johanna]
Johanna Wolfkiller- Human hybrid Barbarian/Warden 2
Initiative: +1, Passive Perception 15, Passive Insight 10
AC: 18 /FORT: 18/REF: 14/WILL: 16; Speed 6
HP: 26/38, Bloodied 19, Surge: 9; Surges left 2/11
Action points 0 of 2; Second Wind: not used
Powers:
Howling Strike
Howl of fury
Strength of stone
(Warden’s fury)
(Warden’s grasp)
Great cleave
Form of Mountain’s thunder (USED)
Invigorating presence
Majestic word (USED)

http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/L4W:pC:Joh..._(pathfinderq1) [/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=OOC (Waiting of Torqua)]Vimak will hit; bloodies T2. Johanna misses.

For those of you using the ENW dice roller: Please summarize your rolls in your text so I don't have to have two windows open (the results don't show up when making replies).[/sblock]

Goldhammer

First Post
Torqua struggled to free herself from the grip of the ungodly tentacle as it slowly crushed the life out of her. "There's no way..." The fat sorceress growns, her anger slowly bubbling to the surface. "There's no way I'm dying in a PLACE LIKE THIS." At the peak of her fury, Torqua bellowed out a almighty inferno, engulfing the tentacle in fire.

OOC: Use Seconded wind to heal 9 HP and get +2 to all Def until the start of my next turn.
Roll Lookup Escape: Failed

Using an Action Point to use Burning Spray on T2 and T4 Vs Ref
1d20+5=25, 1d20+5=9
Crit on T2, Miss T4
Extra Crit Damage
1d6=5
21 Fire Damage
The next enermy that hits me with an melee attack takes 4 damage

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The Stone Breaks
The Stone Breaks Round 2

Vimak stands and channels a protective and destructive rune at once, severely wounded the nearby tentacle. Torqua's rage sears the rest of it as it collapses in a scorched lump. Johanna's yell of rage, however, has no effect.

[Vimak and Torqua finish T2]

Sapo centers herself to regain some stamina and then folds in two, squirming out of the hold. Lhavarr moves cautiously forward, while the drow's psychic volley is once again ignored.

The remaining close tentacles continue to lash out, one at Sapo, the other at Johanna. Sapo easily dodges one, while Johanna keeps away from the other.

[T4 & T3 miss.]

The Stone Breaks Round 3
[sblock=Map]
attachment.php
Same notes as before.[/sblock]
Stats
T1: Unharmed; threatening reach 3
T2: Dead
T3: Unharmed; threatening reach 3
T4: Unharmed; threatening reach 3
T5: Unharmed; threatening reach 3
ODT: Invulnerable

Init

Vimak; 33/44; All get +2 to dmg TENT.
Elkrsyn
Torqua; 26/37; Second Wind
Tentacles
Sapo; 18/28
Lhavarr
Johanna 26/38

Attachments

• Stone02.jpg
    Stone02.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 254

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sapo uses her staff to catapult herself to a more advantajous position to attack the tentacle. She makes a short manouver, and lunches a side kick, following with other small kicks.

Jumping to H 15: 15
Open the Gates of Battle vs T4: 21 for 16 dmg

pathfinderq1

First Post
Johanna raised her voice in a battle chant, then lashed out with her spear against another tentacle. The point of her weapon punched deep into the grotesque appendage, and as it tried to squirm away she poked at it again.

[sblock= OOC]
>Standard: Attack T4 with Howling Strike (using reach, so no move), +8 vs. AC= 28 (CRIT, deals 20 damage); roll Roll Lookup
>Rampage (class feature)- since she rolled a crit on her attack, she can make an MBA, attacking T4 again since no other foes are in range; 1d20+8=27 (if it hits, deals 13 more damage) ; roll Roll Lookup

>Note: I will be away for the Thanksgiving holiday from tomorrow until Sunday, with (probably) no net access. I will catch up when I get back. [/sblock]

Remove ads