[Adventure] A Boy and His Dog (DM: stonegod; Judge: r1)

pathfinderq1

First Post
Johanna paused at the entrance to the tunnel- the look of disgust on her face was plain to see, but after a moment she forced herself to continue. She did hesitate long enough to unroll a spare scarf from her pack, and tied the cloth across her mouth and nose- wet with a bit of water from her waterskin, it cut the smell to merely appalling. The trick would have worked even better if she had a little wine...

As she made her preparations, she noticed the torch that Torqua was lighting. "Don't do that," Johanna said, her voice quiet but firm. "In the dwarven tunnels under the mountains, open flame can light the stale air on fire- I don't guess the sewer gases are any better. Use this, instead..." As she finished speaking, she took a sunrod from her pack and offered it to the sorceress.

[sblock= OOC] Looks like Torqua gets to carry the light. No preference on marching order for me. Maybe Sapo in front- high Perception and Swampwalk might be useful, backed up by one of our melee types (either Vimak or Johanna. Torqua and Elkrysn in the middle- they're pretty squishy. That leaves Lhavarr and either Vimak or Johanna as rear rank. Single-file: Sapo, (Johanna or Vimak), Elkrysn, Torqua, (Vimak or Johanna), Lhavarr. If anyone has a alternative, post away. [/sblock]

Goldendice

First Post
Upon noticing the torch and sunrod, something dons on Elkrysn. "If there's something dangerous down here, I'd prefer to stay in the dark. Not everything down here can actually see without light and I'd prefer not to draw any unnecessary attention to myself. As you can see, I am rather frail. Since I can see beyond the range of your lights, I can scout ahead a bit if you so choose and withdraw back if I see something."

OOC: Unless someone objects (in which case I'm fine with pathfinderq1's ordering suggestion, although we might be able to fit double-file based on the description), Elkrysn will stay 1 square ahead of any light source the party takes with, moving as silently as he can at full speed. Technically, I think I'm supposed to make a new check every time I take a move action, but:
Stealth check to move silently in the shadows (includes -5 penalty for moving >2 squares): (1d20+7=9)

Elkrysn's normally silent feet make several loud splashes in the green water.

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
[sblock= Marching, light] If we do use a sunrod, 1 square beyond the range of light is way too far ahead for us to help if you run into trouble. If we were all level 1, and the adventure were calibrated accordingly, I'd be willing to let Elkrysn scout ahead- but I think the challenges are higher than that, and I think Elkrysn is a bit too squishy to be that far ahead of the group. If you want to do it, we can't really stop you, but I just don't think it is a good idea. Anybody else have an opinion on this? [/sblock]

Goldendice

First Post
[sblock=OOC Marching Order:]Good point - I originally started typing that post based on the torch and modified it - I wasn't thinking about the sunrod differences. Squishies in the middle it is! Let's go with what you wrote, but if we can fit double-file, I think we should go with Sapo & Johanna first, Elkrysn & Torqua in the middle, Lhavarr & Vimak last (which is pretty much the same thing).[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Those who inhabit such a place like this, eyes don't have, and rely on other senses to prey upon elves. Those who have eyes, have ones as knee as yours. The rod you should give me, as I am more suited to lead, in a place I find appealing and familiar." corrects the bullywug and jumps ahead, stopping next to Johanna, asking in silence with her open hand for the sunrod.

I think Sapo Toa should scout ahead with the sun rod.

Goldendice

First Post
OOC: I agree that Sapo should be in the lead and that it makes sense for the light source to be in the lead, but "scouting ahead" doesn't really work in a dark place when you have a light source. It's much to obvious to your enemies that you're approaching. Let's just go with simple single- or double-file formation, whichever the pipe is wide enough for. It was a nice idea, though.

Walking Dad

First Post
Vimak Stonecarver

Vimak sighs inwards, that the tunnel leaves him enough room to utilize his longer weapon.
"Stay behind me. This armor can take more hits than your 'clothes'."

[sblock=ooc]
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2486676/I think Vimak should go behind Sapo. He lacks any low-lightvision, but has the highest HP in the group, I think. He was build with second melee rank in mind. This is why he uses a reach and not a higher damage weapon.

Edit: Also most of his powers have riders with bonuses for for adjacent allies or ones in a burst.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Vimak
Perception: 15 Insight: 19 Normal Vision
AC 21 Fortitude 17 Reflex 16 Will 18
Initiative: +4
Hit Points: 44 / 44 Bloodied: 22
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw:
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:11 Surges per day: 10 / 10
At-Will Powers: Word of Diminishment, Word of Binding, Lightning Damage
Encounter Powers: Rune of Mending 2/2, Stone’s Endurance, Flames of Purity, Symbol of Wrath Reversed
Daily Powers: Rune of Endless Fire, Shield of Sacrifice, Deny CA Bonus, Extra Lightning Damage.

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Goldhammer

First Post
"Hey, you go right ahead big guy." Torqua replies to Vimak, blowing out her torch and taking the sunstone from Johanna. "I'm happy to stay out the way of arrows."

pathfinderq1

First Post
"Let us get moving, then," Johanna urged. After a moment's thought, she handed the sunrod to Torqua, then readied her spear for whatever hazards lay ahead.

OOC: Handing the sunrod to Torqua- 20 squares of light ought to be enough for Sapo to scout, but since the bullywug fights with a staff it makes sense to have the light in the hands of someone that doesn't need to drop it to fight.

Marching order, single file: Sapo, Vimak, Elkrysn, Torqua, Lhavarr, Johanna.
(Last chance to vote)

Goldendice

First Post
Despite Elkrysn's previous attempts to scout ahead, he seems very pleased to be surrounded by the two largest members of the party in the marching order. This may be an even better hiding spot than in the shadows! he thinks, noting the 7 inch height difference behind him and even more disparate difference to the front, not to mention the large differences in width between him and the two.

Last edited:

Remove ads