[Adventure] A Boy and His Dog (DM: stonegod; Judge: r1)

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sapo Toa shrugs as the sun rod is delivered to Torqua. She leaps ahead into the sewers, with the peaceful peace that characterizes her.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Lhavarr finally speaks his mind. "I'd ratha be in the middle, where I can be encouragin' more of you's guys. Plus, I can fight, I'm betta with this blade than I look." With that said the half-elf pulls the greatsword from his back, ready for conflict if it arises.

[sblock=ooc]I'll be in front of Torqua.[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=OOC]I'm putting together some maps right now; if anyone has a token they want to use, let me know. A few other things:
- Goldendice: Could you use a lighter color? The dark purple you are using is hard to read on the black background. Perhaps DarkOrchid?
- Goldhammer: Could you post a link to the Google Spreadsheet CS on the Wiki. Torqua already has a page there.[/sblock]

stonegod

A Fight in the Muck: Surprise Round

The sewer is a bit narrow initially, the foul stench everywhere. The group keeps close together, Sapo ranging a bit further as a scout. Soon, up ahead, Torqua's light illuminates an open chamber where the effluvia has pooled from several sources; everyone senses rather than sees the ceiling hangs far above here. But, as Sapo enters the room, everyone but the half-elf and drow here rustling in the chamber. In the shadows, something hisses and gurgles.

It does not sound friendly.

[All but Lhavarr and Elkrysin have one surprise action; this include the lizards.]

A Fight in the Muck: Surprise Round
[sblock=Map]
attachment.php
[/sblock]Moving from sewer to land and vice-versa costs and extra square. The barrel provides cover. Currently, most of the party is in a pipe; you must move to E4/5 before moving elsewhere in the room; when Torqua does this, the rest of the room will be illuminated. Until then, the room (except for the center pillar) is dark (concealment).

Combat Rules
Actions will be handled in posting order; I will bot folks that don't post within a day using at-wills only.

Status

Sapo 21
Johanna 17
Baddies 16
Vimak 12
Elkrysin 12; Surprised
Torqua 10; Sunrod
Lhavarr 6; Surprised

Attachments

• Muck-r0.jpg
    Muck-r0.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sapo Toa Blinks. Then she orients herself facing something to the west. Then, she jumps in the air, landing on the ground next to the sewer course. She walks with her usual sluggish peace, but when he nears her target, a hissing lizard, she takes a spin in the air, swinging her staff to the creature, following up with a quick sap of open palm strikes.

Attack S2 after moving to E2, using centered flurry of blows: 15 vs AC for 18 dmg and slide target to F1 if hits.

stonegod

If my PC is after the bad guys, he has still to wait for their action, right?
[Yes.]
Attack S2 after moving to E2, using centered flurry of blows: 15 vs AC for 18 dmg and slide target to F1 if hits.
[I assume that is a charge? You only get one action in a surprise round. BTW: You don't get to attack w/ both ends of a double weapon unless you have a power to do so. Thus, your damage would be only 9 (7 from staff, 2 from flurry) if you hit, which you didn't (don't forget its dark). I'll post details after Johanna's action.]

Voda Vosa

First Post
But I took the staff fighting feat for that! Why else would I take that feat if I need a power to use it, and monks have none? And yes, it's a charge, just fluffed up the text and forgot to mention it in the OOC section.

stonegod

Staff fighting isn't all that useful for PCs that don't have powers that allow the use of the double weapon. The best it gives you is a bonus to AC. Unless you MC ranger, you'll probably want to retrain it.

Remove ads